Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
best eye lifting products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
skinrg
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
are there anymore product suggestions for products that lift and firm the eye contour? i don;t want to waste any more $$$ on products that don't work!
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:27 am      Reply with quote
I just got some eyebright from the relaxaline people and it does have a cosmetic lifting effect, though I don't know what it will do with use yet. RoC do this stuff called protient lift which is really good; apparantly, it is based on the stuff that Murad uses in his skincare. Get the ordinary stuff, not the serum tho, because for some reason the serum doesn't give as much lift. They do stuff specifically for eye contour, but I used to just use the regular stuff round my eyes. It is very lightweight btw.
Liz

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:39 am      Reply with quote
I use the Gatineau Defi-Lift eye serum,(its new) it promises to lift eyes...I also use the decleor vitaroma eye cream and also the Decleor eye and lip creme mask.

I used to have eyes that looked like they had to much skin ( if you know what I mean), heavy lids and lines etc, but after using these products I dont...

Why not buy it from QVC use it for 30 days, if your not happy send it back for a full refund?..then you dont lose out...

Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:24 am      Reply with quote
I've tried La Colline eye mask and Lift essence, it works but the products are quite costly.
CrazyForClooney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:48 am      Reply with quote
Thalgo Eye Contour and Exuviance Hydrating Eye Lift have both helped my upper eyelids!
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:43 am      Reply with quote
The problem I find is that with most instant lifting eye products is while they may tighten that action seems to make fine lines more visable.

The two that I like because they also moiturise are:

Skinceuticals eye firming cream has a perky effect - for me anyhow (especially if applied over vitc & b5)
Youth Lift by Gale Haymen gives a cosmetic lift
Protient by Roc also works.
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
For about 3 months I've been using an eyelifting masque and it's really improved the "overhang" of skin. I can see much more of my eyelid and the eyes just look more open and alert. I apply it on the upper brow bone area in an upward motion. It hardens within about 30 min. and you can really feel it lifting from the brow.

After I use a serum with Argireline and that helps with the crepiness and crows feet.

It's just no fun getting older Sad

JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:29 am      Reply with quote
Judy, Judy! You must stop being mysterious and name names! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
Being totally truthful, I'm not being mysterious. Uhhhh, I guess the word is cautious Anxious

I have been burned on sharing info on AOL so many times in skincare forums because I'm associated with the skincare industry. I have enjoyed sharing and laughing (remember the catfood/toothpaste/cleanser discussion?) with you gals so much, I really don't want to get burned again. I'm in a kinda tough position. Confused

So, here's the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth Pray

My husband and I have owned part of a marketing company for the past 8 years and until about 4 months ago, we only marketed nutritional products. About 8 months ago, my best friend and business partner was approached by some formulators of skincare, asking our company to take on this particular "facelift system". Naturally, being the nuts we are for skincare, we began to test the product on ourselves first. We're always our best "guinea pigs". We loved it and felt it worked just about the way they said it would, so we convinced the company to market the system. We're a small company, but like to find unique, quality products and market them on a small scale.

We have this product under two different label names, one for the spa and salon industry and the other for individuals. We first introduced the spa line at the International Esthetics Tradeshow in Vegas in May, 2004 and it was a tremendous hit. We had this funky little booth with just a banner and tables where the major companies had these huge lighted displays (elegant), but we had estheticians and salon owners lined up at our booth the whole time (5 days). We did actual demos on estheticians there in the booth.(that was scary). And almost every esthetician who stopped for a demo, bought the product to take home and try.

It turned out that a lot of them were looking for a product of this type and most of them had tried others very similar and not been completely satisfied. Estheticians have so many of their customers doing Botox with plastic surgeons and naturally, they look for something natural that will be as effective. Many estheticians are dubious about the long term effects of Botox which we don't know yet.

We've had it at 3 other tradeshows and we have a booth at the international show for Medspas and the cruise industry in September.

Mind you, this is just from Shara knowing these people for a year and right when we needed something new and were actually looking for this type of product, out of the blue, they called asking us to look at this product. Shock Because we're associated with a company that markets products, we often have the privilege of getting to talk to scientists, researchers, formulators one on one, and they are often people whose ideas are really unique and ahead of their time. We consider ourselves tremendously blessed for these experiences and love to share what we learn when it's appropriate.

Anyway, we've used the facelift system for almost 4 months now and we are VERY pleased with both immediate effects that people see, but also the cumulative effects that we have seen over a minimum 90 day program on our own skin.

I do NOT look like I'm 20 years old again(I'm 60), but I can honestly say that I believe I look younger and do see a rather dramatic improvement in my skin, just as was shown in the clinical trials on Argireline. What I've learned is that it takes a commitment of time and consistency (as well as a certain amount of technique) to see real results and everyone is not willing or can't invest the time and effort necessary. For instance, how does a young mother who works find even 30 min. to lie back and allow a masque to work it's magic? It's not easy. Our skin didn't sag overnight and it's not going to get better overnight.

Now, about getting burned for sharing and why I'm cautious. Anxious Since I've participated in these trade shows and talked to hundreds of estheticians and individual women, I feel like I have a lot of good info to share, not just about this product, but about other things I saw and learned at these shows about products that I'm not even associated with. But, the minute people find out I'm with a particular company (at least the ones on AOL) they act like I'm trying to scam them and that I couldn't possibly be a woman who loves to play with makeup, etc., and loves to talk to other women about it. I can sort of understand where they're coming from because you do have to be careful on the internet. I've played with makeup, haircolor, skincare, etc. since I was about 12 years old. I'm just addicted! And, when I find something that works well, I seem to want to tell everyone who is interested in those same things. But, you can't always be that open. Shame on you Usually, when I come into this forum, it's at the end of the day and I'm just enjoying winding down and having fun. If I can help someone in the process, great! Dancing

What a lot of people don't know is that lurking on the internet is just about the least efficient way to market any product. The most efficient are the time-tested, proven ways like advertising, people who know you personally, etc. What I do get from these forums is a lot of valuable info about what women are looking for and what they think about various products. Those are very important things to know.

Having said all that, if anyone wants to know ingredients, how it works, etc., you'll have to ask specifically, cause I ain't talking out of turn. Silenced

I do think I've figured out why this product works a little better than some of the other wrinkle/lift products. It's easy enough for anyone to understand once you get past the sales hype and are dealing with logical, factual information. Think

Judy

Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi Judy,

Very wise words. I am aware that you are in the skincare industry and I really like the fact that your posts talk about the ingredients in general (and their effects) rather than a specific product. I think that's very professional of you.

It is unfortunate, but I think people on forums are cautious of "industry" people (myself included) because of their previous experiences with having some of these people pose as users in order to hype up their product. I think you're doing the right thing by giving out info only when asked, otherwise people might start to get a bit funny about it and it might end up hurting the brand in the end.

I hope you stick around 'coz I look forward to reading more of your posts and I'm sure I'm not the only one Very Happy

Mabsy
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:57 am      Reply with quote
Judy, I have read many of your post's and do not think you sound like you are scamming can you please send me a PM with name of face mask. I am very interested and I think you sound very sensible and responsible. Very Happy
Lori
maria51va
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Judy,
I have also followed your posts & have never felt that you were selling - the way I figure it - no one forces anyone to make purchases based on people's personal posts & recommendations - so I welcome all & any reviews then make my own decisions about buying.
I would love an email about this product, if you don't mind taking the time & emailing me.
I promise -"Mum's the word!"
Thanks,
Maria
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the kind words and understanding. You wouldn't believe what I experienced in the other forum. People on AOL can be "kinda strange" for some reason. Wonder what that says about me since I've used AOL for about 9 years now. Shock

Funny thing is, I posted the exact same way there that I do here. I figure if I have some "inside" info from clinical trials or whatever, that I wouldn't be doing anyone a favor to keep it to myself just because I'm in the industry. Heck, the reason I'm in the industry is because I love skincare and related items so much. I much prefer to work at something that I love.

Mabsy.... I'm sure you got my e-mail asking about the Vitamin C Ester in the AlphaDerma CE. By the way, I think you'll see that what that brochure says about Argireline is exactly what I've said. In fact, they make MUCH bolder statements than I make about it. I really hope that Argireline turns out to be the wonderful ingredient that the experts seem to think it will be. Pray

I had to laugh at your description of yourself "squinting" in the mirror to see if your lines and wrinkles were disappearing by using a product with Argireline. Very Happy I will give you a word of encouragement. I've used a product with Argireline for almost 4 months now... along with other quality moisturizers, etc. There were times when I really wondered if anything was happening because I could still see some "crows feet" lines and those awful lines on my upper lip. Since I didn't start the product until I was almost 60, you can't expect miracles! BUT, after 4 months, I can say that I do see a significant difference in my skin. The lines are not as deep; even some age spots are lighter; pores greatly refined; smoothness increased and dryness significantly improved.

I would encourage anyone using any product with Argireline at the 10% concentration to stick with it for at least 4 months. I do recommend being sure it's at the 10% concentration since that is the concentration used in the clinical trials. For those who don't know, the clinical trials on Argireline showed a 17% improvement in fine lines and wrinkles in 15 days and a 27% improvement in 30 days; 39% improvement of smoothness; 42% improvement of dryness; and 45% improvement of skin tone.

In my book, even if you don't get rid of all your wrinkles, if you have that level of improvement in those areas, that's some pretty significant results!
JUDY

5% products discount

Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:07 am      Reply with quote
Judy, I think you're a lovely lady that does all the right thing and be as professional as you can coz you're impressing me alot. I've found this forum holding a very cheeful atmosphere and ppl are here to truly share their little beauty secrets and comments. Please do hang around coz I'm learning here alot.
bobosm
5% products discount

Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:10 am      Reply with quote
Judy, totally agreed with Masby. I think you're a lovely lady that is holding your professionalism very well. Your speech impress me alot. I've found this forum is holding a very cheeful atmosphere and ppl are here to truly share their little beauty secrets and comments. Please do hang around coz I enjoy reading the posts and am learning alot here.
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Aw, Shucks Embarassed

I have to hang around to "feed my habit" of endlessly exploring the joys and trauma of skincare. Laughing
JUDY

Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:02 am      Reply with quote
I have sample products if would like to try them go towww.sachausa.com/lisajohnson and email me your skintype and address.

Thanks
Lisa
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi Judy, thanks for the 'full and frank' response! Sorry I wasn't aware that you were involved with the skin trade Embarassed but I understand your reticence now! I think it is fair to say that eds is a cool and fluffy forum and that there is no room for trolling here so rest easy! Could you PM me about the eye mask please? Don't know if I'll get around to it, but I'm making plans for my big spend! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi Judy
I'd be really pleased if you could email me the name of the eye mask, and anything to help my lines and crows feet!!!!!

Thank you!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Judy, as you have had to send everyone a personal message about mask you should of just posted it on site, because we all want it and you could have saved yourself loads of time. Having said that I get a little happy buzz when I see that I have a personal message it makes me feel special. I am very weird and my offspring would say sad. They think I have passed over into a virtual world and when I talk about EDS and my new friends, they tell me that it's not real and you could all be axe muderers. I thought I was supposed to be the parent Rolling Eyes
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:27 am      Reply with quote
Maybe posting this info won't be over the top. This is an information only site that gives specifics about the masque and serum line with Argireline. www.naomisystem.com

You still have to PM me after reviewing the info if you have questions.

Well, Lori, I'm not an axe murderer, but I confess, I'm an 80 year old geezer who loves to talk to sweet young things Bad Grin NOT!

JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
Cool, I am looking for an 80 year old man preferably rich to marry. For love of course. Wink
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
Cool, I am looking for an 80 year old man preferably rich to marry. For love of course. Wink

And the richer he is, the more you can love him? Laughing

JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
Love at second site?

(The first time you saw him you didn't know he was rich)

-Cheri
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thats sooo true. Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |