Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Kudos to all you curly haired ladies!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
LL
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone:

I got a digital perm about 3 months ago and struggled to love it. I usually liked the final outcome every morning but it took so much longer then the straight hair that I got from Japanese straightening. I have done Japanese straightening for at least 5 years and finally changed things up and had the digital perm done. Everyone loved the way it looked but I hated all the extra time that it took me to make it look nice. Plus, I wasn't used the fact that I couldn't run my hands through my hair and that I shouldn't wash it everyday.

I was using re-Coil from AG and it worked well but I finally got fed up and did Japanese straightening on my hair today. Ah.....a big sigh of relief. All in all, I spent waaaaaaay too much money between the perm and the straightening but at least I know that I won't perm my hair any time soon.

I really give curly haired ladies a pat on the back. Nice, curly hair takes effort!!!!
LisaAnn
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
It's a horror at times. It took me at least 25 years to figure out how to style and look nice. I'm always so tempted to do TR, but I have to color my hair so often I don't think it would be feasible for me.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:07 am      Reply with quote
LOL, I embraced my curly hair years ago. One of the things I like best about having 3a curls is the fact that I don't own a blow dryer! As long as you have a great cut and great products to use, curly girls truly have is the wash and wear hair.

After I shower, I place some product in my hair and let it air dry. I seldom have "bad hair days" and if I do, I simply wear it up or wear a hat.

I'm always amazed when I hear of ladies who struggle with their curls; why fight nature, work with it!

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
vanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="athena123"]LOL, I embraced my curly hair years ago. One of the things I like best about having 3a curls is the fact that I don't own a blow dryer! As long as you have a great cut and great products to use, curly girls truly have is the wash and wear hair.

After I shower, I place some product in my hair and let it air dry. I seldom have "bad hair days" and if I do, I simply wear it up or wear a hat.

I'm always amazed when I hear of ladies who struggle with their curls; why fight nature, work with it![/quote]

I totally agree... a great cut and great products make all the difference. Smile
Seaera
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
You're lucky you have low maintenance curls! Mine are fine as long as there is no humidity in the air, which is pretty much never living in rainy Vancouver.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:49 am      Reply with quote
My hair is a combination of straight, curly and wavy, with lots and lots of frizz. I wish it was low maintenance!
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:40 am      Reply with quote
I have my good days and bad.....its so fine and curly thats the thing ...and as long as its healthy the curls are fine...its the way it curls from my cow lick that drives me NUTS! curly hair grows differently....(flat along the scalp) when its really cold the curls straighten somewhat...when its warmer or humid they fluff up...usually they just do their own thing ...they certainly have a mind of their own.... Bad Grin (thats my curls laughing) Rolling Eyes
all in all though I have embraced my curls which every curly girl eventually has to do!
cindy67
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:16 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
I have my good days and bad.....its so fine and curly thats the thing ...and as long as its healthy the curls are fine...its the way it curls from my cow lick that drives me NUTS! curly hair grows differently....(flat along the scalp) when its really cold the curls straighten somewhat...when its warmer or humid they fluff up...usually they just do their own thing ...they certainly have a mind of their own.... Bad Grin (thats my curls laughing) Rolling Eyes
all in all though I have embraced my curls which every curly girl eventually has to do!

That is something I soooooo identify with. It's great in the winter if I want stright hair providing it doesn't decide to rain when I'm out and w/o an umbrella. Confused It's incredible how it can curl with just a hint of encouragement like mousse or curl cream for example. I wish it could be more controllable though. Mad Still learning to live with it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:31 am      Reply with quote
I also wanted to add how important (and difficult) it can be to find the right products for your type of curly hair. When I first stopped trying to straighten my hair I would pick up any product for curly hair thinking they were all similar. But products meant for thick, tightly-curled hair often help relax the curl somewhat and weighed my fine hair down. Once I figured out there were products for fine, wavy/curly hair that helped to encourage the curl without being too heavy I started having better curly-haired days.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:44 am      Reply with quote
I really like MOP C system curl cream(umm I think thats what its called)....nice! yeah not all curls were created the same huh! How many products have we have been through.....ending up with sticky hair crunchy curls etc yuk! Shock
I always dilute everything now ...a dab or something sprayed with plain water then it goes in my hair......
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:43 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |