Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

collagen supplements Type I,II or III?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:38 am      Reply with quote
Do you need all 3?I know Neocell sells type I and III,but Jan Marini I think has the type II in it, whats the difference?I couldnt afford to keep taking Jan Marini vitamins,do you need the type II collagen or is I and III ok?
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
Lucyluc, I dont know the answer,but thanks for asking. Angel
The supplements I see in the store are confusing and expensive.
I will be watching with you for some good advice.
Linda
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
Me three. I take MSM pwder and silica drops in juice and HA tabs. Hoping this is doing something!
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:47 am      Reply with quote
I am taking Neocell(from costco) its collagen I and III with vit C.It is supposed to help ward off wrinkles and aches and pains....we'll see!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
What is Collagen I, II and III? I have never heard of these.
Hava

Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
BioCollagen II is what you want to use for your skin. I have been using it (Olympian Labs) for a few weeks now and the results are quite miraculous! It truly puffed my lips and fine lines. I was looking at having Restylane done again (it's been 6 months and I loved the results) but this stuff has allowed me to put it off. I'm thrilled!
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hava, I just did a search for BioCollagen II but didn't find it. Can you tell us where you buy it? Thanks
angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
What is Collagen I, II and III? I have never heard of these.

Ditto. What is this?
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
I think Collagen II may be hyaluronic acid from chicken sternums.Can anyone confirm this.So if you are already taking HA,that would be considered Collagen II?
carforum
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:53 am      Reply with quote
What's the different between I, II and III??

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:37 am      Reply with quote
The FDA considers Collagen supplements to be a food substance. If you are taking collagen for beauty-related reasons or general bone support that is not related to rheumatoid arthritis, about 5-6 grams is adequate. A great option is "Super Collagen + C, Type I and III" by Neocell Laboratories.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:40 am      Reply with quote
Well,I do take the neocell with c and Collagen I and III, I also found a collagen 2 to take so I hope I am covering all bases.
hahaqj
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:42 am      Reply with quote
If you are interested in collagen supplements for aesthetic skin purposes, you'll be more interested in non-Glucosamine supplements. Note that there are three types of collagen: Collagen I, II and III-Collagen II is mainly used for arthritis-related needs.
hehe Collagen II is not maily used for skin purposes
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |