Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Can I use Obagi AND IS Clinical?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lulutsui

Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi I'm using Obagi right now with Retin-A and am ready to go on the maintenance with it (using it 3x a week vs 7x). I've tried samples of IS Clinical Active Serum and Hydra Cool and I like it.

Is it okay to alternate using the 2 lines?

I just don't want my skin to fall off...lol.

Thanks in advance for any responses.
jeanni
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
I would say that it is fine to alternate the two. I would recommend applying alternating the Active Serum and the Retin A, so they aren't put on together. So one night use the Active Serum and then the Hydra Cool, then use the Obagi and Retin A the next night. You just don't want to apply a strong glycolic or salicylic product along with the Retin A.

I started weaning myself slowly off of Obagi and am now only using the Blender and Retin A every other night. I use SkinCeuticals CE Ferulic every morning and am thinking of switching over to ISC (Super and Active). Let me know how it goes!
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Jeanni, how did Obagi work for you? I see that we have similar skin types (oily, congested). Did you use the N/O kit or the N/D one? Did it clear out your congested pores? What strength ret a did you use?

Sorry I keep asking so many Obagi questions - I'm just a little afraid!

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
jeanni
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:05 am      Reply with quote
I started with the Obagi N/O kit back in December of 2006. My routine was: morning-cleanser, toner, clear, exfoderm (forte worked better for me), and sunscreen; evening - cleanser, toner, clear, blender, tretinoin cream (don't know the dose off hand, but I'll look tonight). I peeled for a few weeks and looked like I had a sunburn (but I timed it out so I started after a trip to Mexico - so people thought I just had a real sunburn!). I noticed that it cleared up my pimples right away and eventually cleared up my congestion. The one thing it did not help with is my oiliness. I think because it is such a harsh product that it actually stimulated more oil production!

After I completed two cycles, I started modifying it. I would use an oil control lotion such as Cosmedicine Medi-Matte and blot linens (love Boscia!) throughout the day. That seems to help.

It's now been almost two years and I am on maintenance. I started cutting things out very slowly. For example, I would cut out my morning products every other morning, then my evening products every other morning, then cut out the morning products completely. Now I only use Blender and tretinoin every other night. My skin is doing great and I only get occasional congestion (blackheads & whiteheads) that are probably noticeable only to me. I break out a little before my monthly cycle, but clear up quickly.

It took a while to wean off the products. I tried a couple times, but my skin told me it wasn't ready. Now, my skin looks better than ever. Today, I used a light tinted moisturizer sunscreen and no foundation! I haven't been able to do that since age 14...no joke.

I'd say that if you are looking for a dramatic result and have tried everything else, then it's worth it to try Obagi. But you have to be careful, as it's a very harsh product. For people who have sensitive skin, I would imagine it would have more risks than benefits.

But coming from someone who has had problem skin for 15 years, I can honestly say it worked really well for me. It's the only thing that has ever worked. My skin looks better than it ever has in my adult life. I hope I'm able to maintain with other products, but if not, I'll go back to using it more regularly.

Sorry this is so long...but I hope it helps!
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
This is great Jeanni!! I can't thank you enough! I'm dithering between the two sets b/c while I'm oily and congested, my skin is also sensitive (not tons, but somewhat).

Thanks for posting your routine and how you did it Very Happy

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
jeanni
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
Anytime! Very Happy

Oh, and since my skin is both oily and easily dehydrated, what I did is get both the regular Exfoderm (for drier, more sensitive skin) and the Exfoderm Forte (for oily skin) and alternated them based on my skin's mood. Also if you want to go with the gentler cleanser, it should be good enough even for oily skin. I think the cleanser for oily skin is pretty harsh...it seems to initially dry out my skin, then I produce more oil Rolling Eyes

I will let you know about the tretinoin cream...
jeanni
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
tsjmom wrote:
Jeanni, how did Obagi work for you? I see that we have similar skin types (oily, congested). Did you use the N/O kit or the N/D one? Did it clear out your congested pores? What strength ret a did you use?

Sorry I keep asking so many Obagi questions - I'm just a little afraid!

The tretinoin cream I'm using is 0.1% strength. Sorry that took so long!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |