Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Which natural or organic skincare line did you hate?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bixa525
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
Just curious with so many lines out there to choose from which ones would you definitely cross off your list after trying?
Bunny7475
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:25 am      Reply with quote
I'm not a fan of Orgins. I feel like a lot of their stuff is just drug store quality ingredients, definitely not worth the price and the "natural" aspect is questionable. I think it has more to do with marketing that the actual product.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:17 am      Reply with quote
I hated Earthbound Organics face care range. The products I tried were really waxy, but not moisturizing. I felt like they were just suffocating my skin. Plus the customer service was rather unimpressive.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
i doubt any of the organic products are fully natural and work properly? correct me if im wrong.
KrazyKat
5% products discount

Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
well, they can if they have the right active ingredients. Many companies have great feeling, smelling, and looking products, shops and ads, however their products do absolutely nothing other than cost alot of money (sorry but the organic glow will not fix your wrinkles, if lifestyle does not match).

My lifestyle is not organic completely, so I pick my products with plenty of actives, some of them happen to be organic and amazing, others well, they may cost alot, but they help alot too.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:21 am      Reply with quote
Dr. H...and zenbiotics...spent a lot of cash and got really bad skin in return.
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:10 am      Reply with quote
I believe organic and natural products can and do work. However, I have found that just as with synthetic products, my skin likes some lines and not others. I don't really think that's a commentary on the quality of the lines, just how finicky my skin is.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:19 am      Reply with quote
I absolutely hated Badger Balm sunblock. The texture and consistency were so YUCK! I can't really bring myself to like anything else in this line. I also think JASON is horrible as well. Very small percent of actives although at least the price points aren't overly inflated.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
rebeccaj
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
I am a big fan of natural & organic products. But I hate any products w/ oily texture, like Dr. H's rose day cream (Although I loooove their night serum).
Also I have allegic reaction to all Juice Beauty's products. I guess it's because of the lemon juice inside is too irritating.
Dora
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
I hate Juice Beauty...waste money~
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Whilst I dont HATE Juice Beauty, I got my hopes really high when I tried their stuff and in return, it didnt really do that much for my skin. I do think the green apple peel is ok, as it does somehow make my skin a little bit smoother, it is too gentle and I cant feel it working. I also dont like that their products are soooo sticky and leaves a film on my face.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:
I also dont like that their products are soooo sticky and leaves a film on my face.

Strongly agree.
nyamyj
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't care for the Weleda line.
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:22 am      Reply with quote
I haven't found a Dr. Hauschka product that worked for me...they are too much essential oils in them.
doodles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with nyamyj - Weleda is the worst.
beti
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
Kosmea, it's a line based on organic rose hip oil. I had such high hopes (probably where I went wrong), but it just didn't do what I expected.
miki
5% products discount

Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
I'm also not a fan of Weleda despite the rave reviews of Skin Food.
ai
5% products discount

Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:54 am      Reply with quote
Dr Hauschka - the cleansing cream gave me the worst cystic acne that took months to get rid of. I don't think it is a bad brand, just not suited to my skin.
Matherton
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:23 am      Reply with quote
Eminence Organics were a waste for me, i just broke out. They smelled and looked great though!
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:49 am      Reply with quote
I agree with everyone who said Weleda. This line was so harsh on my ultra sensitive skin. I tried it because there were so many raves about this line. However, it was not suited to my skin type.
nyamyj
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
I'm glad I'm not the only one to dislike Weleda. I tried so hard to like it at first because of all the raves I had heard about it.
miki
5% products discount

Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
Matherton wrote:
Eminence Organics were a waste for me, i just broke out. They smelled and looked great though!

Matherton, which products from Eminence did you try? I was thinking about giving this line a shot but am now reconsidering. Thanks Smile
carforum
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Bunny7475 wrote:
I'm not a fan of Orgins. I feel like a lot of their stuff is just drug store quality ingredients, definitely not worth the price and the "natural" aspect is questionable. I think it has more to do with marketing that the actual product.

I also don't like Origins.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Yonka both irritated and broke my skin out.
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
My skin broke out from B. Kamins products. I didn't even suffer from acne when I was young. These products were all wrong for my skin.

Juice Organics Apple Peel is just too mild to do anything and I would not repurchase.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |