Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dermalogica MAP-15 Regenerator
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
I recently received a sample (Thanks EDS) of Dermalogica MAP-15 Regenerator. I think I might really like this product. The sample didn't last long enough to be 100% certain. Has anyone used this product for any length of time? If so what do you think of it?

Here is the product description:

This revolutionary powder-to-emulsion technology delivers the highest concentration of Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (MAP) directly into the skin to help dramatically improve skin firmness and clarity. Our highly-effective form of Vitamin C works with a blend of White Tea, Hyaluronic Acid, Glucosamine, Phospholipids, Algae and Yeast extracts to help stimulate collagen production, brighten skin tone, and neutralize free radicals to dramatically increase hydration, firmness and elasticity while helping to prevent the signs of aging caused by Advanced Glycation End-products (AGEs – a damaged by-product of sugar/protein reactions in the skin). Silky emulsion glides gently over skin for efficient application, especially around the delicate eye and mouth area. Contains no artificial fragrance or color. Store at room temperature. Close cap tightly after each use.

How it works:
Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate is a non-acidic, stable form of Vitamin C that stimulates collagen formation in the skin while providing antioxidant protection, inhibiting melanin formation and inhibiting MMP enzymes that contribute to collagen degradation.
Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Extract protects against Reactive Oxygen Species (free radicals), fights the formation of AGEs in skin and inhibits MMPs. Hyaluronic Acid provides intense skin hydration.
Glucosamine fights AGEs while stimulating Hyaluronic Acid and collagen formation in skin.
Yeast Extract helps stimulate wound healing, collagen formation and increases oxygen utilization in skin.

Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting this, Fairlady! Looks like an interesting list of ingredients. Are you able to post the EDS link for it? For some reason, I can't seem to find it. TIA!

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol, Phosphate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycerin, Urea, Saccharide Hydrolysate, Magnesium Aspartate, Glycine, Alanine, Creatine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glucosamine HCI, Algae Extract, Yeast Extract, Saccharide Isomerate, Phospholipids, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Phenoxyethanol.
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
hvana8 - EDS sent me the sample but I also could not find the MAP-15 listed on the EDS store. I did however find it on-line at other distributors but was also wondering were the EDS link was.

Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
Apparently EDS will have this new product in the new year....
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
Any updates/recs on this product? (EDS carries it now).

I like Dermalogica, and I am happy to see that they have finally launched a vit C product. The ingredients seem to be brilliant (at least in theory).

However, I was a little surprised when I got a sample of this in a starter kit. In my opinion this is a powder (not a powder-to-emulsion). I found it a bit difficult to smooth over my face. It says on the package that you can mix it with your moisturizer. I think that will be the way to go for me.

Having used it just a couple of times I cannot vote for its effectiveness.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:42 am      Reply with quote
This product has also interested me but I have also been waiting for reviews before buying as I have wondered how the powder to emulsion would work. Many times something sounds good on paper but not so good in reality. There are just so many new products available now, I am starting to be a bit choosey before jumping straight in and buying.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:20 am      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
This product has also interested me but I have also been waiting for reviews before buying as I have wondered how the powder to emulsion would work. Many times something sounds good on paper but not so good in reality. There are just so many new products available now, I am starting to be a bit choosey before jumping straight in and buying.

Exactly!

This one is similar to Philosophy's vit C powder, in my opinion. When you have to mix it with a moisturizer you will have to take pH levels into account. The process will be more complicated than using a plain vit C serum, I think.

I am also awaiting reviews.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:52 am      Reply with quote
Actually, pH is not as important a factor as it is with the l-ascorbic acid form of vitamin C. MAP is oil soluable and quite stable, so I'm not sure why this product needs to be in powder form (as L-ascorbic should be because of its degradation problems). To my knowledge, MAP has been found to be effective in addressing skin brightness/lightening issues but I'm not aware of any studies proving its efficacy as a collagen induction agent. L-ascorbic acid was studied for that, but I haven't seen studies on MAP nor tetra, for that matter, in regard to collagen stimulation qualities.
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:36 am      Reply with quote
MBgirl - thank you for letting me know that Ph level is not an issue with MAP.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
Also, in studies, MAP has only been shown to be effective in concentrations of 10%. I don't know of any commericially available products containing 10% MAP, so perhaps this is the first.
laylastam
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:05 am      Reply with quote
the only thing thats stopping me from trying this product is the cost factor. it is a little tad expensive for its volume. might wait to hear more reviews on this before i re-consider this product
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |