Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Does using copper peptides on your skin make you hairy?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
chickenlittle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Something I don't understand when reading the copper peptide literature is this - copper is shown in studies to increase hair growth, so if you use copper peptides on your face, won't this cause your facial hair follicles to go overtime, resulting in a hairier face?

I'd be interested to know if EDS copper peptide users have experienced no change in the hair on their faces, more, or less?

Emu oil too can increase hairiness, I have heard.

thanks!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:44 am      Reply with quote
I have been using CP's daily for around eight months (give or take). To date I have not noticed any increase in hair on my face. I often wondered the same thing and kept meaning to ask this question.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Yes, it most definitely does (speaking from experience). Even though when I initially asked that question everybody told me that it is not so. I have the tendency to have facial hair in places where there should be none, so in my case it definitely stimulated the growth, but I still think the benefits outweigh the problem.

HTH,
Lucy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using CP's for over a year now, and have noticed some increased facial hair. Not enough to worry about though.
Funny, but I never associated CPs to increased facial hair until now.
I agree, the benefits outweigh the problem.
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
I began to use Super-GHK in June and over the course of time have noticed that there is a little more peach fuzz on my face, but nothing that has me freaking out or running for a shaver! Wink If you suffer from upper lip hair or unwanted (darkish) hair elsewhere on your face, I would either skip these area's or monitor them closely if you apply CP's there.

Due to the death of a close family member that was extremely stressful for me in Dec 2005, I subsequently lost some hair along my hairline and bang area (it suddenly began to fall out like crazy! Crying or Very sad ). Since I now intentionally rub some GHK & Emu oil into my hairline at night, I've noticed lots of new baby hairs sprouting throughout the area's that have been sparse. So there is no doubt in my mind that the GHK can stimulate *dormant* hair to grow again and that topping it with Emu oil will only expedite the results. From my understanding, copper peptides will in fact effect *dormant hair* and not so much hair that already exists or is growing normally. So unless you have a lot of dormant hair growth on your face (and I can't imagine anyone would?), I seriously would not worry about CP's causing new hair to suddenly start growing. I'm certain if a user became a 'bearded lady' from CP's we'd ALL hear about it too - LOL!!!

BTW - it was Jan 2006 that my hair started falling out around my hairline followed by some of my eyebrows and lashes (when it rains it pours!). Since I've been using GHK over these areas I've experienced new hair, brow, and lash growth and couldn't be happier. Copper Peptides really do work to revitalize dormant hair follicles (now if only I could get the stuff to help firm up my upper eyelids I'd be all set! LOL).

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:07 am      Reply with quote
Scotslass, have you considered also trying the Folligen shampoo, conditioner and leave-in lotion for hair loss?

I have ordered a sample pack to address hair thinning. I'm going to try a diluted lemon juice rinse afterwards to avoid any possible staining of blonde hair ...
k! (orangewasabi)
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:17 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the CP serum from SB for about a year and it doesn't seem to have affected my facial hair growth at all.

that said, I've been using Folligen on my brows/lashes for the last few weeks and it's definately made a difference to my brows. No extra brows on my forehead or nose though Smile)
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:03 am      Reply with quote
Ahhh... wishing I hadn’t read this. I’ve been using CP serum for a few months, six months maybe? The last week or so I thought I noticed a few dark hairs on my face, but never would have drawn a link to the CP, until I read this - just when I was thinking of maybe moving to the stronger Super CP. I don’t think I’ve really gotten much of a result from the CP so far, which is partly why I wanted to move to the Super CP, but now I’m having second thoughts...
chickenlittle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:14 am      Reply with quote
"No extra brows on my forehead or nose though"

Laughing Laughing Laughing
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
chickenlittle wrote:
Scotslass, have you considered also trying the Folligen shampoo, conditioner and leave-in lotion for hair loss?

I have ordered a sample pack to address hair thinning. I'm going to try a diluted lemon juice rinse afterwards to avoid any possible staining of blonde hair ...

Yes, I've considered it many, many times! Now that I've researched cp's a lot (and I mean A LOT!), I am far more confident in my understanding of what the Folligen products can do for me. I'm in the process of putting together an order for Doreen (my SO is now experimenting with my GHK, so I need to order another bottle to share with him - LOL!), and have decided to include some Folligen products. I'm leaning towards the spray for my hair because it claims to be much more powerful than another very expensive hair growth spray on the market (that also uses cp's in it's formulation). A lot of my issues are around my hairline, so I think it will be easier for me to apply the spray where I want it most. I also really want to keep my high-lites looking good for as long as I can and am using some products for colored hair that I really like right now. This is why I'm not so keen to try the Folligen shampoo's quite yet.

Once you receive your order and sample them, let me know what you think. It may take more than a sample bottle to see results though...but every little thing helps when your hair is thinning!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to say thank you for this info.

It's very interesting that you mention "dormant hair"...because now that you mention it, I'm pretty sure retin-a 0.05% caused the dormant hair in my upper lip to sprout and now they won't go away. I also grew one single hair on my cheek which was pretty funny. Not sure why the 0.1% doesn't do that to me though.

So if I used a stronger CP versus a milder one, maybe it might not stimulate hair growth??

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:34 am      Reply with quote
Kareberry* wrote:
Just wanted to say thank you for this info.

It's very interesting that you mention "dormant hair"...because now that you mention it, I'm pretty sure retin-a 0.05% caused the dormant hair in my upper lip to sprout and now they won't go away. I also grew one single hair on my cheek which was pretty funny. Not sure why the 0.1% doesn't do that to me though.

So if I used a stronger CP versus a milder one, maybe it might not stimulate hair growth??

You're so welcome, Kareberry. It's been documented that using Retin-A prior to CP's will help the copper penetrate deeper, so it's very possible that this is why you're experiencing the revitalization of the odd dark hair on your face (why the 0.5% concentration might be more responsible for this is a mystery at this time). Copper peptides use the hair follicles on your face as a form of transportation into the deeper levels of the dermis, so it's possible that every strength of copper peptide will have some sort of affect on dormant hair growth. I agree that the sporadic dark hair that suddenly appears is a nuisance (and alarming to a degree), but if the CP is able to repair your skin barrier and rebuild damaged layers of the dermis (all without surgery), then I think this side-effect is relatively minor when we look at the bigger picture. I've decided to commit to daily use of copper peptides for an entire year before I throw in the towel (or sign up for laser hair removal - just joking! Wink). With all of the science and positive studies behind copper peptides, I really do believe that the product(s) are worth sticking with.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:19 am      Reply with quote
From Dr Pickart on the skin biology forum:

"The SRCPs increase the size of hair follicles but do not convert the small vellus hair follicles that produce fine, nearly invisible hair (98% of body hair) into terminal follicles (2% of body hair) that produce thick, long hair. The enlarged hair follicles produce the stem cells needed to rebuild skin.

Many women have use our facial products for 5 years without problems."

If this is true, then it must be important not to get facial hair permanently removed in a way that destroys the follicle (like laser, electrolysis) - if you plan on using copper peptides.
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
Re-reading my last post, I noticed that I said that CP's use the hair follicle to penetrate deeper into the dermis. I should have said that the products uses the hair follicle (or more specifically, the root of the follicle) to help rebuild the skin. Sorry for any confusion!

Here is another excerpt from the Skinbio site regarding hair follicle's and CP's...

Skin Remodeling Starts with Hair Follicles
Skin remodeling starts with the hair follicles. The body's signal for remodeling first activate the systems that break down damaged proteins and remove damaged skin lesion. Various proteins (proteolytic enzymes) start breaking down scars and damaged tissue . Then the signals enlarge the hair follicles in the skin area to be rebuilt. New skin cells arise from the hair follicle and migrate into the surrounding skin area.

Skin renewal and hair follicles are closely linked. New skin is now thought to arise from the hair follicles. All skin remodeling chemicals or genes that activate skin remodeling also increase hair follicle size. But although skin remodeling improves hair follicle health, it does not create new follicles or grow hair in hairless areas

Following the premise that CP's use hair follicles as a means of rebuilding new skin cells; this might explain why it can take as long as a year for CP's to repair the area around the eyes (such as tightening sagging skin). Do we even have hair follicles on our eyelids? I don't think so, unless they're really, really tiny! Guess I'll have to look into this further. The site is also careful about discussions concerning 'dormant follicles' and what really happens when CP's penetrate them (a little suspicious to me! Wink ).

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
chickenlittle wrote:

Chicken L - There is a product called Folligen for Blondes that might interest you...here is a link with additional information -
www.folligen.com/folligenforblondes.html

HTH's

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:36 am      Reply with quote
you guys dont mind using this product even at the expense of being a lil hairy on face but im sure you all have blond hairs on skin rather than black lol sooooooo this product is a big no no for me as i wudnt want to create a problem and an expensive one at that at the expense of treating some lines or part of beauty routine Confused
k! (orangewasabi)
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:40 am      Reply with quote
I am asian (so have black hair) and have no problem with a hairier face when using copper peptides.

In fact, I use the folligen on my eyebrows and lashes to good effect and even the excess that gets spread around my eyelid/forehead hasn't created any rogue hairpatches.

I suspect the length/amount of facial hair any of us have even with optimal follicle health is somewhat genetically determined.
chickenlittle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Scotslass! Thanks so much for the tip. I actually considered that one, but decided in the end to go for the standard folligen, as the blondes one is less tried-and-tested to be effective. It can stain, but my hair is dark blonde, so I'm going to try the lemon rinse as Dr P recommended and see what happens.

I'm in the process of revamping my hair care at the moment, I'm thinking of getting some natural shampoo/cond without SLS and adding some seakelp, honey etc for shine and growth. I'll alternate this with the Folligen if i like it.

I'll let you know how the folligen goes, when it arrives if ever! I will definitely be using the Canadian site in future so thanks for that tip too Very Happy

Interestingly the GHK seemed to make my skin glow a lot when i first used it, but now makes no noticeable difference. I'm wondering if I need to exfoliate more ... do you happen to know if the exfol serum is stronger than the LacSal?
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:30 am      Reply with quote
You're welcome, Chicken L. I'm looking forward to your opinion of the Folligen shampoo's once you receive them...which will hopefully be before 2008! Rolling Eyes I know you won't have to wait nearly as long for your next order of SB products once you start ordering them from the Canadian site!

The two exfoliators offered by SB differ a lot, but at the end of the day, I would have to say that the Exfol Serum is a tad stronger than the LacSal. It's a bit deceiving because you automatically want to think that the LacSal is stronger because it contains two different acids - a AHA and BHA - and has a combined concentration of 10% . However, the more I learn about combined AHA/BHA products, the more I realize that there are inherent problems that can occur when you mix the two. Unless the pH levels are exactly the same for both acids, they may not work as effectively as each product used on it's own.

The Exfol Serum contains a concentration of 2.0% Salicylic Acid (BHA) and has a pH level of 3.2. The LacSal Serum (AHA/BHA) has a combined concentration of 10% (8.5% Lactic Acid and 1.5% Salicylic Acid) and a pH level of 4.0. Now every time a pH level moves down by 1%, it means the product has become 10X more powerful (or acidic). Math was never my strong subject, but based on my calculations, I'd have to say that the Salicylic Acid on it's own is a stronger product. Unlike Lactic Acid which is a mild AHA exfoliant that targets the surface of the skin, Salicylic Acid can be irritating for certain skin types until you adjust to it. It also penetrates the epidermis working below the surface, which makes it ideal for cleaning out pores and damaged cells skins.

I have dry sensitive skin that is improving slowly, so I tend to favor Lactic Acids as this type of AHA is suitable for my skin type and I've never had a bad reaction. Salicylic acid is a very nice BHA and is great for oily types, but it can be irritating at concentrations above 2% and below a pH of 3.0. Since I am in the market for a new AHA and/or AHA/BHA combo, I think I am going to order some acid samples from the Diana Yvonne site to see what my skin likes the most. I would order from another very popular home-based business that sells acids that many people love, however, that entrepreneur does not ship her acids outside of the United States...which is a real shame! Crying or Very sad

To re-brighten your skin and stimulate a nice glow again, an Enzyme Peel might be a good option for you or perhaps a Pumpkin Peel. The key is to find out the pH levels of any peel along with the concentration of AHA or BHA, so that you have a idea of how strong it's going to be for your skin. HTH's.... wave

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:59 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for yet more stellar advice Scotslass!

I got the LacSal because I too thought it would be stronger, and I wanted the benefits of getting into the pores and clearing out the blackheads (which it does seem to be doing). Maybe I'll just order an exfol serum with my next order and test it out. I do notice that exfol seems to be the more popular one on the Skinbio site.

I put the squalane with retinol over my lacsal/ghk last night, which i hadn't been doing - and lo and behold, I notice more glow again! So it's either the squalane+retinol itself or the combined effect that's helping my glow. I want the pumpkin peel too though, that's definitely on my wish list.

There are so many things I want to buy right now! I really want to try mandelic too Smile
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Oh Good Greef!
Now the side effects are coming out.
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using super CP serum for about a year now, and just recently have noticed blond peach fuzz on my face where I never had that before. I am suspecting now (b/c of this thread) that it is the CP's. Bummer! I hate the peach fuzz, and I'm sure it is not noticeable to others, but I am very aware of it!
chickenlittle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
it is a bummer!

If I got increased facial hair, I'd want to get it lasered away - but then the CPs won't work apparently, because they need the hair follicle ...

I'm using GHK serum, but have only been using it for about 4 weeks. No more hairs yet ...
Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
chickenlittle wrote:
it is a bummer!

but then the CPs won't work apparently, because they need the hair follicle ...

huh? is that really so? so theorectically, if you've had laser hair removal on your entire face, copper peptides will not work for you? you must have live follicles?
chickenlittle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
That's what I'm guessing, from what Dr Pickart says (see replies further up the thread)
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |