Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Very dry flaky hands
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:06 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know what my Mum can use on her hands?

They are extremely dry, flaky and rough....she says its because she does all the work and they are never out of water. Not talking Think she's trying to say I do nothing around the house?? Liar

Also her nails are very dry and brittle and peel as well...

I tell her to wear gloves but she says she always forgets! Rolling Eyes

any ideas?

Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:48 am      Reply with quote
My Mum tends to have the same problems, and has had this for years. Here are some products that may help alleviate the dryness & cracking on your mum's hands: Ahava Dermud Intensive Hand Creme, Gehwol Hand Cream, Dermalogica MV Hand & Nail Treatment.

For her nails: Nailtiques Formula #2 and Oil Therapy.

To help your mum get on the right track, why don't you treat her to a manicure & paraffin wax treatment? Razz Once she sees how lovely her hands can be, perhaps she'll put more effort into their care.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:28 am      Reply with quote
boots do this stuff called wonderbalm, part of their mediterreannean collection, it's really good, but if she refuses to wear gloves when she's washing up then that's her lookout! tell her the reason you don't have this problem is not cause you are a lazty troll, but because you look after your hands. ...And you are younger! Bad Grin

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
hahaha lazy troll moi?? Laughing She says thats why I have nice nails because I dont do anything, I said its the nailtiques, she told me to nailtique off!! Laughing nice woman!!

Thank you for your help, I'll get her some nailtiques, I'm usung the after artifical one and its fabulous...I'll sort out some handcream as well...

Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:16 am      Reply with quote
Laughing

Nailtiques also make a hand cream. Quite nice, a bit light but should help out with the condition of her nails. Jurlique hand cream is on the thicker side so that might be a go-er too. Another good option is Neutrogena Norwegian Formula or a hand cream from Crabtree&Evelyn (gardener's cream? something like that) that people have mentioned to me a number of times before.
Nemi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:12 am      Reply with quote
I am an hand cream addict, as I have been struggling with dry hands for years. I have tried almost everything on the market, and have ended up with a few favourites that really do the job well.

*Aveda Hand Relief
*Clarins handcream (the normal one, not the one with SPF 15)
*Decleor handcream
*The Body Shop Africa Spa Hand&Feet Honey Butter (my evening treat, smells GREAT in addition!)

Not worth the money, is imo Dermalogica MV hand&nail treatment. It did absolutely nothing for me, and I had to reapply and reapply all the time.

And I almost forgot: tried, but not bought: The Body Shop has a new series out, with sweet almond oil. There's a normal handcream, but also a treatment balm/cream. They all smell great of almonds.
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:22 am      Reply with quote
Oh I have to by Body shop at lunchtime so I might nip in and get her the africa spa hand and foot cream to try...

thanks

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
am going to rec. my favorite hand cream
L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream
Maggie B.

Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
The Goatmilk Hand Therapy made with Shea Butter is excellent. It is not inexpensive, however. I am using it three to four times a day and I have seen a very big improvement. At the same time, I have reduced the number of times I am washing my hands in a day. You can buy it from Crabtree & Evelyn.
Nanapost
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered some emu oil lotion for my hubbie's itchy back. Since I'll be the one applying it day and night, my hands (which get very dry) will get a good dose. I'll let you know.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
Gucci,

did she try the nailtiques? I got my mom to try it and now she's telling all her friends! I got their nail polish remover..it's quite nice but not the "pleasant" smell they claim. It's better than most, but still quite noticable
moshimoshi
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried some samples of Jurlique Rose/Lavender Hand Creams and L'Occitane Shea Butter Lotion and Hand Cream.... I quite like them and ended up purchasing them all for me and my sis Smile
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:18 am      Reply with quote
... without fail I would recommend an Australian product called Lucas' Papaw Ointment.

My dad (who is 76) had the most horribly cracked skin all over his fingers. It was terrible and so painful that he could barely hold a pen.

I had heard raves about the ointment on the Vogue Aussie BBS so bought a tub for him and for the week I was at home every night I forced him to rub it in and then put on cotton gloves.

**I SWEAR** that after the first night they had stopped causing him pain and after one week the difference was remarkable. When I went back home 6 months later the huge tub was half gone, so he kept it up.

I have raved Rolling Eyes about this stuff as a lip balm, for chaffed skin, and even as a moisture protector on long-haul flights, but for fixing up dry, flaky, cracked skin it is a dream.

You can only get it in Australia, but a couple on online drug stores there ship overseas quite reasonably. As an OS customer you get 10% GST off the price, so that just about covers the shipping.

The one where I get mine sent to Japan iswww. pharmacyonline.com.au (they only sell the small tub, but it is DIRT CHEAP)

There must be some other Australian who can back me up on how wonderful this stuff is.

oh.. I should add, that I love the La Mer handcream.. it is so rich and non-greasy (yea, I got mine free..cannot affor to BUY it) and I will second the BS African Spa hand/foot cream. yummy.)
Mabsy

Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
I keep hearing raves about the Pawpaw Ointment but have not tried it yet. Probably because I have so many opened tubes and jars of stuff at home Laughing It's dirt cheap though, a handy little tube is I think about Au$3.

The only question I have is.... what does fermented pawpaw smell like? Smile
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
It really has no smell at all, actually. Here in Japan I just keep the little tube and keep it in my bag.. that is handiest for lips, flights etc. Also, I prefer to go small be fresh. Laughing It would take us years to use the huge tub (unlike my dad).

Mabsy, considering you can write it off as a medical treatment - think back to 100 years ago when one ointment did it all... Laughing - next time you are passing a Terry White pop in and grab a tube.
Evi
5% products discount

Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:56 am      Reply with quote
I swear by L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream, it's quite rich and takes a little while to soak in but then leaves your hands silky soft. Very good before you go to bed and can also be used as foot creme (has the same softening effect). My mum adores it...
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Mary Kay's Satin Hands for years. Best product Mary Kay has. I love it.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |