Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Body wash
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
ok i am wondering why we cant use body wash as a facial cleanser? I mean if the wash doesnt have SLS so what is the harm??

just a note that today i forgot to take my cleanser with me to the shower i left it in the room lol so dint want to go half way from shower to get the cleanser.........so instead i used my body wash as the cleanser avoiding the eye area of course.....it was the Lux body wash with shea cream and skin illuminators it does not have SLS either.....i have to say the skin cleansed well, dint feel dry.........although i cant say this is how it would be if using everyday............and an added bonus.......my face looked brighter and radiant and had a glow to it Very Happy which doesnt even happen with my normal Yonka gel cleanser Exclamation i was soo surprised lol........i mean thats why i bought the wash i thought it will give the body a nice glow not that i could notice it myself just the body skin felt really nice and soft.......but i can really notice it on the face...just have to say wow......

so do any of you actually use your body wash as a cleanser?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
I can't answer the technical question, but I've been using my facial gel cleanser as a body cleanser and it works out really great.
displaced
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:13 am      Reply with quote
that's funny, I actually used my body wash as a cleanser today! I was out of my face cleanser (Cetaphil) and used my Korres body wash, which is gentle enough for the face.
angel06
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:47 am      Reply with quote
I have used body wash as a facial wash when i am out of facial wash. I really dont know why, just like face cream why cant we use it as eye cream. Not sure if its marketing strategy or whatever, i dont know.
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Simran, I think at some stage we all have to improvise and make do with what we've got at hand...... like when you run out of your cleanser or moisturiser and you're stuck out on a campsite far far away from civilisation (but you're a bit feral already with matted, knotty hair after days of swimming in saltwater...so the care factor is definitely lowered as you're having too much fun to worry about ingredients etc. Can't believe I am saying this...Anxious ) I do think that body washes, as gentle as they are, aren't really formulated for the skin on our face. The cutaneous structure of our facial skin is completely different to the rest of our bodies and is a lot more sensative and delicate. It is a LOT thinner. The skin on our face and necks will age more rapidly than the skin on the rest of our bodies and won't withstand well when exposed to products and to the elements as the rest of our bodies can, and will. That's why you can use facial products on the rest of the body, but it's probably not recommended to prolong the use of body products on the face.

So it's fine to improvise every now and then, but you will probably find that it will eventually strip your face of it's natural oils using it as a regular cleanser.
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
I have never used AND will not use body wash as face cleanser. Maybe I am so stubborn.......
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
I think body wash is stronger, it would dry out my face.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
bb2000 wrote:
I have never used AND will not use body wash as face cleanser. Maybe I am so stubborn.......

ME TOO!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:25 am      Reply with quote
well i dont think i will be making a habit of using a body wash......it was a one off at the time as i dint have my face wash with me and on the time i had run out of the face wash.

the good thing is the body wash did not have any SLS......
i also read it said to avoid the eye area....which made me think ok so these wash are not exactly catered for the face either and as other posters mentioned the body skin is thicker slightly...

so yea its ok for those one of times i mean you have to clean your face right its better than letting all the bacteria and germs and any ss clog up your pores for the night when you run out of cleanser or whatever but i know not to make a habit of using the body wash Very Happy

anyway i temporarily bought the nivea face oxygen face wash from the grocery store which is working out well for me for now. I will eventually buy the phytomer range soon Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
No harm in it unless you notice adverse effects.
angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
I am kind of lost sometimes when it comes to some abbreviations, but what is SLS?
plug-in-babe
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:01 am      Reply with quote
I don't see why you can't use a body wash to cleanse your face, as long as it works well (no drying, no irritation, I mean in the long term). People used to use just soap to cleanse the face and body.

I think facial skin is more delicate and age faster than body skin because the former is exposed to the sun more.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:36 am      Reply with quote
I often do this when I have any Neal's Yard shower gel, mainly in the morning when I have no make-up to remove.
It really does depend on the shower gel itself as some can be quite drying.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |