Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
THE ACNE APPLE FAST..I need your support!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
farouk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:17 am      Reply with quote
Hi guys

Ive read a lot of stuff about this on this forum..and it doesnt sound all good. Also, from what everyone seems to be saying about the guys posting stuff up on this forum about the apple fast..i think you guys would appreciate a trustworthy report.

But when youve got nothing to lose (except acne..that sooo sounds like a QVC presenter) i thought why not.

To be honest i dont think it will work, but how much harm cannot do? Confused (famous last words, i know).

So today is DAY 1. I think this will be quite a good journey for me, both mental and physical. Ive toyed three times today whilst staring at family tucking into their hearty breakfasts Rolling Eyes , but stuck with it so far (its only been 4 hours..i know...shut it Very Happy ).

So basically i just want everyone to send me good luck messages because this will help me loads i think Confused . I think if i have the support of all you guys then ill make it through .

And i PROMISE to let you all know the results on saturday.

so go on LEND ME SOME SUPPORT AND I PROMISE A REPORT! (oh god, that sounds so bad).

cheers guys Very Happy

Farouk
littlebo
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi Farouk,

God you are brave! I did a detox a couple of weeks ago and I found that hard!! And I had more food to chose from!

I really hope it works for you I am sure everyone really wants to know but don't want to take the trouble for nothing!

WELL DONE!!
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:15 am      Reply with quote
Big hugs {{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
and huge support wishes are on there way to you!

I've just booked for a colon hydrotherapy treatment!!! bit scared as never had this done before, but the waitlist is 6 weeks!!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:28 am      Reply with quote
hi gucci and littlebo

aaah. thanks guys, thank you so much. My stomach started to pain quite a bit.

This is much tougher than i thought it was gonna be.....and believe me....i thought it was gonna be tough!!

But, to be honest, even though i think its not gonna do an ounce of good i almost feel that this is more of a psychological challenge, so this is making me stick to it to even more.

Your guys comments have given me an added incentive, and im not gonna let anyone down!

I cant believe my mum, at this very precise moment, is making the best, fresh spicy lamb burgers right now. Oh god! Sad .

Anyway guys, please keep the posts coming, im gonna need all the support i can get.

Gucci you must tell me how the colon hydrotherapy works, doesnt sound like fun, but if it gives good benefits, then im up for it!

cheers

farouk

P.s. going for a dermalogica facial, never had one of these before, will give you guys the lowdown on saturday of how this went!
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:58 am      Reply with quote
you know, I can't believe that eating nothing but apples for 3 days is gonna do anything but give you really bad stomach complaints...Maybe you should just quit the apples and do a 3 day fast, only drinking water. If you must do it make sure you have pleanty of fluids, cause I reckon that you are gonna get the squits big time and you may end up dehydrated.
But good luck anyway, I hope it works Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:31 am      Reply with quote
I agree with Guapa that out of the way. GOOOOD LUCK. I hope you get the result you are after
indianT
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe it may help to put a apple as a face mask, Really try this, I read this in a indian magazine in home remidies .

peel and grate 1/2 apple and eat the other half,
leave it on for 5 min and rinse it with lukewarm water.
These were the exact directions. I did try this, Skin was smooth and soft.
But got tired after a while of grating and peeling. I am lazy, yep.
Mabsy

Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:06 am      Reply with quote
If it's lamb burgers with apple souce (or is that on Oz thing?) then you might have an excuse there! Just kidding! I hope you're sticking to it! Good luck!
MyOwnLittleWorld
5% products discount

Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:58 am      Reply with quote
That sounds hard! Good luck to you, maybe I'll try it if I can convince my parents...

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:47 am      Reply with quote
well detoxing is good although I don't think 3 days of apples is the best way to go - hope they're organic and you give them a good wash first.

Good luck to you
Mabsy

Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Farouk, can we have an update please?? Smile
queenpedauque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
I've heard about this 3 day apple cleanse..It's supposed to be good for your kidneys, liver in addition to the whole alimentary canal.
Good luck farouk! Very Happy
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:16 am      Reply with quote
You're kidding me right??? I don't think you should do this. Why not just eat sensibly?? Cut down on your portions but eat sensibly. No junk food, no frozen foods, no dead food. By dead anything that comes out of cardboard or plastic, don't eat. Eat live foods, lots of fruits and veg, exercise and drink lots of water.

Well I don't want to preach, but you get the picture.

Oh! And buy the book "Fit for Life" by Harvey Diamond.
m
5% products discount

Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
yea, no offense but . . . my idea of "detox," if that's what you want to call it, is that the positive results you may feel after eating only apples for a few days are not from the apples themselves, but from the fact that you aren't eating crap anymore. like fried foods, and fat, and sugars and hydrogenated products, salt, and refined carbs, and all those nasty tasty things. so if i'm eating mcdonalds and chips and coffee on a regularly basis and then switch to apples, well then of course i'm gonna look and feel better. but it has nothing to do with the apples. could be pears or grapes or peas or anything else not likely to cause an inflammatory reaction.
So now you're saying, "duh, that's what detox is." but not if you're just going to go back eating the same things after an unnecessary, and potentually harmful, obsession with apples. try eating whole grains, loads of fruits and vegetables, and lean meats like salmon. variety is key. you will look and feel better, and you won't have to go starving yourself and screwing with your metabolism and thyroid for the sake of "detoxification." and you can do it for the rest of your long blessed life.
MyOwnLittleWorld
5% products discount

Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
How did the fast go? Embarassed

Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
hey I'd be careul with the apple fast. i hear that apples arenatally high in sugar so you should only lmit yourself to about 1 or 2 a day, it increase acne instead of decreases. Plus you're not getting the proper nutrition. I would try a liver flush or a safer detox. It's not the apples that cure it, it's the detox effect. !!! Just don't want no one to get sick.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |