Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Difference Between Nuface and Dermawand
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Cowgal44
5% products discount

Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
[b]Has Anyone Tried both the Dermawand and Nuface? I just bought Nuface and have had two sessions. I'm looking to tighten and also want to plump out the skin. Will the oxygenation that Dermawand is supposed to have help with that? Bascially I want to know if I "need" both.
I am a newbie and have read so many of the posts. I've learned a lot from you all in a very short time. Tks for all this great info and commaradarie!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.p

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=26463hp?tid=18130

Check out these threads for starters, and if you use the search feature, you'll find tons of info on each device here on the forum..

Hope that helps!
Kassy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Cowgal44
5% products discount

Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:01 am      Reply with quote
Kassy, thanks so much for the links. I have been trying to read up on the past info on both the products, but except for a couple of posts haven't been able to find( maybe I've missed some) more than one or two people who've commented on having and using both. I am noticing some tightening already on the Nuface,but may bite the bullet next month and invest in the Dermawand. Does seem like an entirely different kind of product. If I do purchase, will be happy to report results.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:51 am      Reply with quote
You will find after continued reading here, that many of us use several devices. For instance, I myself use; Derma Wand, LightStim + NuFace.

I have only been using the NuFace since 12/18, but I also have noticed things seem to be tightening up a bit. The hard part for me now, is to try to decipher exactly what device is giving me what result..

As far as the Derma Wand goes, it also firms, tones, tightens + oxygenates the skin. Do a search here for it, and you should also check out http://dermawand.net (I hope that link is right). Or google; "Derma Wand" + instuction video, and that should get you to the site, where you can watch the instructional video, see before + afters, etc..

And by all means keep us posted with your results on the NuFace too. I find it so helpful to hear everybody's experiences and results... The downside, is wanting every "toy" I hear about.... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Ahhh, what the hell, we only live once.

Kassy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Cowgal44
5% products discount

Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Kassy, you make a very good point in trying to determine which gadget produces what effect- and that's probably what most of us think.. Am I going to get what I'm paying for??

On the other hand, I would bet/ HOPE that there is also a synergistic effect - if nothing else, that using Gadget A Plus Gadget B will produce even better results. So that's we ( I'm already including myself in this catagory) will purchase more than one or two.

Good news! After 4 days of use, and saying not much about it to my DH, at breakfast this morning, he said, "Boy I notice a big difference in your face. It's smooth and "puffed out" ( "not puffed up!!"). He's a tough critic, so I take this as a sign that the Nuface is working. BTW, Ive also started using GoW Anti-puff gel ( Very clean ingredients and reasonable). So hopefully, this whole program will allow me to be puffed out in the right places and take away the puffs where I don't want them!!

Again, thanks to all of you who've treaded this territory and who are giving us so much enouragement and info!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
Cowgal, you are too funny. LOL Laughing Laughing

I'm glad you clarified "puffed out", versing "puffed Up"......LMAO

My DH is no help at all, and he's sick of me asking if he noticed any improvements....He didn't even notice when my hair went from blond to red, and I'm talking flaming red!!! Shock

I'm so glad your noticing results from the NuFace, that's great. Would you mind sharing your age and skin dilemmas your dealing with, so we can compare notes with our experiences..??

Please tell me more about the "Anti-puff gel"...I have bags under my eyes that are just itching to be "de-puffed"

Cowgal44
5% products discount

Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:53 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy, FYI I am 63 and have "good skin" for somebody who's not 39. I( like many others, I'm sure) have been places with my daughter (in her 30s)and people thought we were sisters. However, recently I saw a family video and said, "Whoah......" my face seemed much more gaunt and there were definitely bags under my eyes. I will say that I have had hormonal issues and now am on bio-identical hormones ( for another discussion) and that's made a posative impact on my skin.

In the past, I have had facial accupuncture(which I thought helped tighten and plump my face a lot) and a few IPL and Thermage kind of treatments. The problem with these are they need to be kept up on a regular basis- at least for maintainence. So that's why the Nuface attracted me.. being able to give your skin a jolt yourself and have control over your "facial destiny".. BTW, I will NEVER have cosmetic surgery. I'm afraid of it and I'm afraid of the "What if I don't like it??" syndrome. Not for me..

So it seems like the only options for me are the DIY kinds of things. And to be truthful, it's a challenge. I like to play around with things anyway. I try and take- and use supplements, stay away from parabans if possible( sometimes the products are too good to resist) and generally try cleaner products. I use Skin Bio products ( and some others) at this time.

I've just started ordering products from GoW. They are sooo clean and reasonably priced- that for anybody who likes to experiment, it's a candy store. Their "Anti-Puff Serum" does have HA serum, Seaemollient, Eyeliss,Matrxyl 3000, Blue Lotus and Caffeine ( I don't drink coffee, but I don't mind this under the eyes..)

I also feel that we can learn from each other or not ...( no matter how old or what our skin type is) because "Ya Neva Know.."
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
Cowgal, I agree 100% with the plastic surgery issue. I'm very leary for the simple reason, nothing I ever do works out right the 1st time. With that in mind, I'm not willing to take the chance....

For now, I'll just keep plugging away with my skin care devices, good quality serums etc., and sun protection.

Thank you for sharing, and for the "DePuff" info.

Wink

System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |