Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Top shampoos for hair loss prevention?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
CleanSkin
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Can anyone recommend something good to prevent thinning or further hair loss?
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't tried them yet but I am planning to try Skinbiology's Folligen shampoo and conditioner. They also have sprays and creams for the scalp to prevent hair loss and start new growth. I use the spray and after a couple of days use, I have less hair fall out! I am not imagining this but I have tried several other things that don't work such as Biotin, phytomer ampoules, shen-min. Check out their website, customer feedback and lab tests.www.skinbiology.com.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
I think the best thing for hair loss prevention is maintaining a very healthy scalp. A good scalp regimen should include: a gentle but effective shampoo with tea tree oil or other antiseptic and health promoting oils, a high quality boar bristle brush, a preshampoo OCM oil for exfoliation 1-4 times a week, and a fine toothed comb for "skritching" any dead skin from the scalp. If the follicles are healthy and the body has the right minerals and nutrition then the hair will grow strong and healthy.
I've recently cut my hair short for the first time in my life but I usually keep it at 3 feet in length. Long hair demands a healthy scalp.
angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
bugaboo wrote:
I haven't tried them yet but I am planning to try Skinbiology's Folligen shampoo and conditioner. They also have sprays and creams for the scalp to prevent hair loss and start new growth. I use the spray and after a couple of days use, I have less hair fall out! I am not imagining this but I have tried several other things that don't work such as Biotin, phytomer ampoules, shen-min. Check out their website, customer feedback and lab tests.www.skinbiology.com.

I had no idea that you could use OCM for your scalp too! What oils would you suggest using? I have ok hair, its just on the thin side and I would like it to be thicker. I recently started taking the vitamins needed for healthy hair and I have been using Nioxin System 3 for about 2 weeks now. So any extra help I can get and new things I can try are always appreciated!
SylphideNoir
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
I like Jojoba oil. You can feel little plugs of skin and sebum come out. Pretty gross. I pour little puddles into my palm and then spread it onto my fingers and then comb my fingers through the hair close to the scalp. It's easiest with my head bent forward. Then a 15 minute scalp massage loosens everything up for the shampoo to wash away. I don't do this more than 4 times a month. I have also realized through trial and error that there is time needed for shampoo to work. If it contains active ingredients then the time allotted is even more significant. I wet my hair in the shower and leave it to soak up the water and soften for a little bit before applying the shampoo. After sudsing up I leave the shampoo to work and loosen the debris before washing out. If I feel that the shampoo clung to my hair and didn't clean the scalp well I do it again. Your shampoo should not be a dangerous substance that strips your skin or hair. If what you are using is, change it. Just my opinion. Wink
SylphideNoir
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
I wanted to add that I know a few people that have had success in turning their scalp health around with Morrocco Method shampoos. I've been looking into it myself for a while now and my buy a trial pack.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:20 am      Reply with quote
sylphidenoir, what shampoo are you using right now?
angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
SylphideNoir wrote:
I like Jojoba oil. You can feel little plugs of skin and sebum come out. Pretty gross. I pour little puddles into my palm and then spread it onto my fingers and then comb my fingers through the hair close to the scalp. It's easiest with my head bent forward. Then a 15 minute scalp massage loosens everything up for the shampoo to wash away. I don't do this more than 4 times a month. I have also realized through trial and error that there is time needed for shampoo to work. If it contains active ingredients then the time allotted is even more significant. I wet my hair in the shower and leave it to soak up the water and soften for a little bit before applying the shampoo. After sudsing up I leave the shampoo to work and loosen the debris before washing out. If I feel that the shampoo clung to my hair and didn't clean the scalp well I do it again. Your shampoo should not be a dangerous substance that strips your skin or hair. If what you are using is, change it. Just my opinion. Wink

So...do you think Nioxin strips hair? And how will I know if the shampoo is stripping my skin or hair? Just from dryness?
angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
SylphideNoir wrote:
I wanted to add that I know a few people that have had success in turning their scalp health around with Morrocco Method shampoos. I've been looking into it myself for a while now and my buy a trial pack.

Where can I find this? Thanks for letting me bug you! Very Happy
SylphideNoir
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
Rileygirl - I've been using "Desert Essence Daily Replenishing Shampoo with Tea Tree Oil" for about a year now and I love it.

Angel - Dryness is a good way to tell. If your scalp ever itches it is probably too dry. If your shampoo has sodium lauryl or laureth sulfate in it then it is getting stripped. If you have to change your conditioner often I would change shampoos. The biggest tell in my opinion is if your scalp has an unpleasant odor after a few days of not washing. And of course, if you are losing more hair than you feel is normal you should change your shampoo.
ETA: I'm not bugged at all! Laughing
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply, SylphideNoir! I will check that shampoo out!
SylphideNoir
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
Riley - No problem at all

Angel - I forgot to add that you find the morrocco method shampoos atwww.morroccomethod.com like I said, I haven't tried them but they look like an interesting for scalp health. I know the creator promotes their ability to help hair regrowth after loss as well.
angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
SylphideNoir wrote:
Riley - No problem at all

Angel - I forgot to add that you find the morrocco method shampoos atwww.morroccomethod.com like I said, I haven't tried them but they look like an interesting for scalp health. I know the creator promotes their ability to help hair regrowth after loss as well.

Thank you! I just checked out the site and I think Im going to get the Healthy Hair Starter Package. It looks nice, and it's on sale right now. Very Happy
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:51 am      Reply with quote
Well, I am sad now. I checked out the DE shampoo and it says not to use on color treated hair! But I did the "scritching" and the jojoba oil and my scalp feels a lot better already, so thanks for the info SylphideNoir!
SylphideNoir
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
Oh that's too bad but nothing works for everyone so don't feel like you are missing out on something miraculous. Smile
The improved circulation that comes from massage and oiling is highly beneficial IMO. It is good to brush or comb your hair forward first thing in the morning too.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, SylphideNoir. I will keep checking into different shampoos and continue the OCM on my scalp! My scalp really feels the best today that is has felt in months, so thanks again for the tips!
angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
SylphideNoir wrote:
Oh that's too bad but nothing works for everyone so don't feel like you are missing out on something miraculous. Smile
The improved circulation that comes from massage and oiling is highly beneficial IMO. It is good to brush or comb your hair forward first thing in the morning too.

You do have some wonderful tips! What is the benefit of using the boar hair brush as opposed to a regular one?
SylphideNoir
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
The texture of Boar Bristle is such that it passes against the hair, pulling the natural conditioning sebum down the length where it is needed, without damaging the cuticle layer of the strands. The color and coarseness of the bristles depends on which part of the boars body the bristles were cut from. White bristles are generally the softest and black the stiffest. I have three. One is the Fuller Softee which I bought on Ebay and love. It is indeed soft and only reaches the outer layers of my hair. I have a very firm/course one that reaches through all of my hair to exfoliate my scalp and clean my hair of dust and yuck. And then I have an oval paddle brush that has nylon spokes each surrounded by boar bristles. It is the best blow-drying brush. A cheap knockoff of Mason Pearson but still effective. If you want an investment brush for blow drying I'd definitely recommend the Mason Pearson brushes.
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to second SylphideNoir (nice name, btw Wink )re Mason Pearson brushes. I've had mine for over 15 years and it's still in great working condition! I'm thinking of getting another one now. I don't use it for blowdryinmg, though, just general grooming and for distributing oils after a good scalp massage.

A pre-shampoo treatment of EVCO with some rosemary EA does wonders for my hair, I'm not losing so much since I started on it. Otherwise I'm like a sick old cat, moulting all over the place.
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:31 am      Reply with quote
where can I get this?
Morrocco Method shampoos

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
fishzebby wrote:
where can I get this?
Morrocco Method shampoos

SylphideNoir wrote:
I forgot to add that you find the morrocco method shampoos atwww.morroccomethod.com
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
will check it out. Thx

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
add basil and rosemary essential oils to whatever shampoo and conditioner you end up using.

http://www.aromatherapy-at-home.com/doessentialoilsgrowhair.html
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
I thought it's only safe to add essential oils on basic shampoo, such as baby shampoo,but not with other branded shampoo.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
any particular reason it is unsafe?

Baby shampoo is pretty chemically based most times so I avoid it.

I've added Rosemary EO to my "Kiss my Face" shampoo (it already had other EOs in it) to good effect. But then, I had never heard it to be dangerous/bad
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |