Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

accutane
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mhskyle

Wed Jun 25, 2003 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, does or has any body ever used accutane if so will please tell me if it caused redness on your skin and if it really helped tell how long it took well thanks.Smile
Caspers Mum

Thu Jun 26, 2003 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Accutane is systemic retinol/Vit-A, and is a last resort that dermatologists prescribe for the treatment of severe acne.Sad This is a very powerful drug, and unfortunately, there are some side-effects that do go along with using it. You've described redness, irritation - this is a common side effect, as is dryness. If you are female, it is required that all women taking Accutane MUST be taking oral-contraceptives too - because Accutane can cause SEVERE birth defects to the fetus. You are probably experiencing the typical Accutane side-effects, but know that both it and the Pill can cause photosensitivity. But to clear up what is obviously severe acne, this is the route that you and your dermatoligist have had to take to treat your skin.

Therefore, I advise you invest in a good sunblock, and perhaps a calming mask or creme for your irritated skin. A good sunblock: Dermalogica's Ultra-Sensitive Face Block. Try Sothys Immuniscience Fluid, and perhaps Phytomer's Accept Mask.
Jen
5% products discount

Tue Aug 19, 2003 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
I had Accutane about 3 years before. The experience was not very good. I remember the first month I had Accutance I felt painful on my bone! My skin was dehydrated. A lot of death skin (even my mouth) was on my face every morning.

After the 3 months course, the acne didn't gone completely (about 80% gone) BECAUSE they were not ACNE. They are rosacea. One good thing is that rosacea has another name called adult rosacea. The treatment is similar.

Remember to use sunblock (SPF at least 30) because your skin get thinner and use oil free product.

I am now use DDF products only. It seems better.
evilMC
5% products discount

Wed Aug 20, 2003 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
I used accutane on 2 occasions. Each treatment lasted for 6 months. Bottom line it works - but to an extent. When I finished the course the first time my skin was completely flawless, but after around 6 - 8 months slowly but surely spots began to return. I decided to use it again, knowing that I only had mediocre results with oral and topical antibiotics. Much the same thing has happened again (spots returned!). I am off it a year now and while my complexion is pretty clear I am still acne prone.

While I was on accutane, I had the usual symptoms; exceptionally dry lips, the odd nose bleed, but strangely enough I was certainly much more irritable / ratty on the second course of accutane. I still am not sure whether this was related but many people made a comment on how much more angry my demeanor was the second time. As for red skin - not as such, mhskyle, but photosensitivity YES. Be very careful in the sun while using it, would be my only advice. The other pros and cons simply have to be weighed up really - if you notice something unbearable / alarming, you can always stop using it. Its definitely not for everyone but it makes short work of the spots Wink Good luck with your treatment!
pAssAt-

Wed Oct 29, 2003 11:54 pm      Reply with quote
I used Accutane before and my pimples vanished. After my trip from the USA, my pimples came back. Sad I want to use Accutane again but I'm scared now because of the stories and the news I hear about it's side effects. What should I do? The cleaning and the other medicine of my dermatologist doesn't work on me. Accutane did work on me before with my old dermatologist. Does Accutane have any effect with Keratosis Pilaris too? Please help me. I want to clear up my skin. I feel so ashamed to go out in the public. Sad
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:59 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |