Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Please help with some skin care recommendations
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
kldawson
5% products discount

Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:17 am      Reply with quote
I am 31 and feeling really down about my skin. To describe it I would say that it can be oily, often my make up disappears and it is shiny. I have blackheads on my nose and chin. The skin on my forehead is quite bumpy although there is no redness and I suffer from breakouts along my jaw line and lower half of my cheeks.

I really would like to get it sorted as I often am embaressed by it.

I have used MD Formulations in the past, this seems to help with breakouts but I wasn't a huge fan.

I would really appreciate some advice.
Serendipity
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi there - consolations to you, as I know exactly how you feel - my skin can make me feel really down.

I have tried MD and I found it too harsh and drying for my skin.

What turned my skin around the corner (that is, when I didn't stress out everytime I saw my own reflection ...) was when I used Dr Hauscka and then again when I used Decleor. I have had really good responses to these two lines. I have to stress though, that depending on your skin type, you may not like these lines at all - some people here have had very bad reactions to Dr H.

If you are interested in either of these two lines, let me know and I would be more than happy to recommend some of the products I found most helpful.

For myself, my sensitive skin means I can't tolerate acids and chemical exfoliants. I stay away from the more stronger skincare lines because of this. Some of the other girls here may be able to help out if you are more interested in those sort of products.

Good luck in your product search !!

5% products discount

Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:01 am      Reply with quote
Yes please Serendipity that would be great. I have had a Decleor facial in the past and really enjoyed it.

I am also interested in some of the carekate stuff, have you used any of these?

Thanks
Serendipity
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:34 am      Reply with quote
Hi kldawson,

The decleor products I have enjoyed are:

Gel foaming cleanser (although the YonKa Gel cleanser is also very nice - the decleor one is more fragrant)

Essential Balm (this is very oily and if you have oily skin, you may not want to put additional oils on top)

Ylang Ylang Balm (same as essential balm - oily - but I like it!)

Prolagene Gel

Aroma Purete Instant Purifying Mask

Aroma Purete Matt Finish Skin Fluid

The Dr Hauschka products I return to are:

Rejuvenating mask (gentle mask which is a great all round pick me up)

Cleansing Cream (I come back to this as one of the most gentle exfoliating cleansers I can find)

Clay Mask (face feels squeaky clean)

If your face is very oily, then these Dr H products helped me -

Clarifying Toner (seriously helps with the oil control)

Normalising Day Oil (oil on oil is a bit counter-intuitive - but this worked for me)

Hope some of this helps. Let us know how you go.

5% products discount

Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:41 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Smile
kldawson
5% products discount

Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:10 am      Reply with quote
Do you prefer the Yonka or Decleor cleanser?
Serendipity
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
Both are very nice. The Decleor one is by far more fragrant. I think though, if it came to it, I would prefer the YonKa cleanser.

5% products discount

Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:01 am      Reply with quote
Do you use any of the YonKa products?
DySsign
5% products discount

Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:24 am      Reply with quote
I am still figuring out what works for me post-partum, but I have also found that being gentle on my face is the best strategy. I use dermalogica ultracalming cleanser (or cetaphil), dermalogica multi-active toner, and then i use the silken pearl paste (most of the time i use refining but i sometimes use basic as well). I have found that the paste helps to really balance my skin, in the past I would have an oily nose or forehead by the end of the day--and this hasnt happened to me since using the paste. Also, at night I have been using ISclinical active serum. I think it is working, around my mentrual cycle, I still get a red bump here or there, but it goes back down. I am still trying different masks--I plan to order the PSF mask in the near future, but right now I am trying out a sample of the Boscia detoxifying mask. I like that it is not hard, like alot of masks...it smooths rite on. I have been getting pretty decent results with this routine, but I know that my hormones are still balancing themselves out---it has been 6 months postpartum and I was told that I should expect something different every 3 months or so for atleast a year! Confused
kldawson
5% products discount

Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:44 am      Reply with quote
If you are introducing a new regime, is it best to do it one product at a time so that you know whether it is helping or not?
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:54 am      Reply with quote
I'm sorry to hear about your problem with your skin.

Here are some tips for you:

1) eat more fruits & vegies, fish
2) drink more water,
3) NO FRENCH FRIES OR LIMIT FRIED FOODS,
4) take time to rest, avoid stress in your life if possible,
5) do not use OIL-BASED make-up, as it only will worsen your skin,
6) Avoid touching your skin (face or whatever) when your hands are "dirty",
7) remove make-up THOROUGHLY before bedtime and clean your face or whatever with a good facial liquid cleaner (please do not use SOAP),
Cool sleep enough hours everyday,
9) regular exercise Smile
9 BE HAPPY Smile Smile Smile

I hope this will help.....
Cheers my friend! Smile Smile Smile

kldawson wrote:
I am 31 and feeling really down about my skin. To describe it I would say that it can be oily, often my make up disappears and it is shiny. I have blackheads on my nose and chin. The skin on my forehead is quite bumpy although there is no redness and I suffer from breakouts along my jaw line and lower half of my cheeks.

I really would like to get it sorted as I often am embaressed by it.

I have used MD Formulations in the past, this seems to help with breakouts but I wasn't a huge fan.

I would really appreciate some advice.
higig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:26 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks jade-1234,your advice's very useful.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:44 am      Reply with quote
I'm 31 as well, and have found that the best thing I have been using for my oily break out prone skin is Jan Marini Bioclear cream. I also use the Jan Marini Transformation cream on top of the bioclear as a smoothing moisturizer.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |