Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Jane Iredale vs: Bare Minerals???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
thatgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
I've used Bare Minerals for as long as I can remember. I have read in different mags that Jane Iredale is supposed to be better for your skin than I.D.

I searched for past posts but couldn't really find the info I was wanting. So I would love ANY imput.

I mix Number 2 (light) & 5 (dark)of Bare Minerals. What colors would be the closest match in the Jane Iredale?

I have A LOT of acne and scars....how well does it cover?

Does it sit in wrinkles like Bare Minerals?

Also I was looking at the products online.... there are so many. What would I start with or need?

Thanks!
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using JI pressed and loose powder for a couple of years. I have been very happy with it. I tried BE only once in a boutique, and I don't think the SA put enough on because I didn't think my skin looked that good in that amount of BE. I haven't tried BE foundation since then, but I love Bisque and Well Rested. I use Bisque daily to cover acne scars/red spots and then I use JI over it. I am in my early 40's, and use s/s as my moisturizer -- have not had a prob with JI showing my facial lines more.
thatgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks! I use Bisque daily as well....doesn't cover as well as I wish tho.

Anymore info???
chuck
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
I have used BE for 2 years and love them,but I decided to try JI. I don't like JI as much as BE doesn't look as natural as BE ,good coverage though ,JI looks heavy .can't live without Bisque.Now I am going to try Rare Minerals as it is half the price of BE and they say it's as good as BE ,we'll see and I'll let you know ( haven't arrived yet)

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:26 am      Reply with quote
I like Jane Iredale I've been using it since october last year. I have alot of acne and acne scarring. They have a primer which I use called absence which calms the redness down, and the concealer does a very good job however I always find there is still alot of redness on my face that the makeup can't cover although I do wear veeerry veeeery little makeup so thats probably why. I went to a party a couple of weekends ago and decided to make an effort, all the redness in my face was gone and I was so happy! Very Happy but I'd be too lazy to be careful and put the makeup on properly, so I guess it just depends on how much you wear and how you put it on. :S this is a bit rambling but I hope i helped a little.
KrazyKat
5% products discount

Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
I also have been using Bare Minerals, I love the glow and colors, however, Im not happy with how my pores looked enlarged. I read somewhere that zinc makes pores look crater-sized so I have been looking for a 100% natural mineral foundation without zinc, Im thinking of trying JI liquid foundation or Raw Minerals. I have tried JI colors, but never their foundations, their colors were nice and I still use the Liquid Eyeliner which I adore by JI.
Hannah-Louise
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
P.s How do you edit posts? I'd prefer to add this onto my other one but I don't know how Sad

Pp.s JI powder makes pores look huge! Sad bit of a drawback, but I havn't tryed the liquid foundation so I don't know about that one.
thatgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
Rare Minerals is a night time treatment and it's like $60 for a jar (you don't get much). I bought it once... it DOES NOT do what they claim it does.

(wanted to put in my 2 cents)
chuck
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
Ok I feel like an idiot Rare Minerals are a night treatment and I have use them also not worth it ,I meant Everyday minerals !!!! To many minerals

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:21 am      Reply with quote
I used Bare Minerals years ago. To tell the truth, I don't like it at all.
I could see clearly my pores filled with foudation in about 4 hours after I apply it. Mad
yomama606
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:37 am      Reply with quote
I love the feel of BE and have been using it for 3 yrs. But I have started to notice I look shiny, and my skin is not oily at all. In fact, I am more on the dry side. So I don't understand. Sometimes I skip the mineral veil, could that be the problem?
Urbnengineer
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
I've become a huge fan of JI. I tried BE, PurMinerals and Everyday Minerals and the biggest difference is that none of them last as long or wear as well. All the others seem to come off during the day either on my phone or sunglasses or my hands. JI is basically waterproof (and I've tried it out with that at the gym) and has SPF. It's a little more pricey (certainly than Everyday Minerals) but it's great for looking your best. I'm slightly tempted to start using Everyday Minerals on days when I'm just out with friends and don't really need to put on a full face of makeup to extend the life of my JI powder, but I find JI lasts 3-4months with every day use.
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:29 am      Reply with quote
A few years ago, I bought the BM starter kit in light, and I carefully followed all the directions and tips on applying it. But it never looked good or natural. It probably added 5 years to my face.

Then I tried Jane Iredale PurePressed Powder, and I love it. I get the best results applying it with the Handi Brush. After I finish putting on all makeup, I mist my face with a mister (either her D2O or a DIY hydrosol concoction).

Jane Iredale wins hands down.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using BM for a couple months now. It covers up my acne scars and makes my skin look flawless. However, it does not exactly match my skin tone.

I've also tried Rare Minerals and it made my face tighter after 1.5 weeks. I actually wanted it to make my pores smaller and my face clearer, but it didn't. So, I stopped using it and gave it to my Mom.
Urbnengineer
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:26 am      Reply with quote
I just got that hydrating spray...how often do you use it and how much spray do you so when you put it on?
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
I use it after applying the powder foundation. A spritz on each side of my face does the trick, and sometimes a spray in the center just for good measure. The stuff lasts a long time.

Urbnengineer wrote:
I just got that hydrating spray...how often do you use it and how much spray do you so when you put it on?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried both BE and JI, and personally don't like either. BE had a much better skin tone match though, I found JI to dull my skin, where as BE didnt.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't like both either. They both were a little to cakey-looking to me.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:19 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |