Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

a good moisturizer???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
babs1031
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
I am looking for a moisturizer that will not break out my skin. I currently use Obagi products with RetinA and my skin gets dry. I never really use a moisturizer since I always had problem skin but since my skin problems are under control, I need to start moisturizing. I don't want anything too rich.

Any suggestions and past experiences would be appreciated.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
I have the same problem, because my prescription does dry out my skin. I am using Cellcosmet and it is rich, but known not to clog your pores.

For a lighter texture, maybe you should ask for a sample of Kate Somerville moisturizer.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
I am not sure how old you are but you could try Remergent DNA Repair which will add some moisture or Remergent Barrier Repair which will add more moisture. Neither product will clog your pores or cause any breakouts. There are also a number of Valmont products which will moisturise without causing problems eg Bio Regenetic, Bio Cellular, Radiance Cream or serum.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:03 am      Reply with quote
i love l'occitane very precious cream! doesnt make my hormonal breakouts worse (might even help heal them), leaves my skin fresh and more even-toned looking, moisturizes well without being greasy, and i LOVE the smell- its my bit of aromatherapy at the end of the day. best of all its surprisingly not too rich for my skin (my skin breaks out when i put anything too rich on it- i got dermalogica's intensive moisture balance for daytime and it's too rich so i use it as an eyecream now)
carforum
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:01 am      Reply with quote
I am a Retin A user and my skin are also extremely dry, I usually prefer to a cream with thick texture. However, I recently tried Phytomer Instant Moisture cream, this cream is light in texture, no film, not greasy but hydrated super good~ I use this at with HA serum. I had find my HG moisturizer cream. Not clogging pores and the best thing is the price is only $40 in ebay!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:51 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the suggestions. I will check out the sites and decide which one(s) to order.
One more thing, I seem to like serums over creams. Are there any moisturizing serums out there that work?
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
cetaphil mositurizer is cheap and not clog pore. It can sooth your skin very well.
SylphideNoir
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:26 am      Reply with quote
The L'Occitane Precious comes in liquid form.
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:06 am      Reply with quote
I like Ice Elements moisturizers, but even more than them I like the Ice Elements anti-aging serum which is mucho hydrating. I have very dry skin and this serum has done wonders. Actually I at first did not realize how much this serum was hydrating until I decided to try switching to using it only during the day and using a different serum at night... I learned quite quickly that my skin really needs the extra hydration that this serum provides... so if you are looking for something really light you might want to give this a try. It isn't a lotion and you could put one over it, however if you don't have dry skin this may be enough for you by itself.

Take care.
Bosoxy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:35 am      Reply with quote
babs1031 wrote:
I am looking for a moisturizer that will not break out my skin. I currently use Obagi products with RetinA and my skin gets dry. I never really use a moisturizer since I always had problem skin but since my skin problems are under control, I need to start moisturizing. I don't want anything too rich.

Any suggestions and past experiences would be appreciated.
Look for moisturizers that have emollient ingredients in them. These mimic skin's own makeup such plant oils, mineral oil, shea butter, petrolatum, ceramides, lanolin. These are what dry skin needs.Throw in some antioxidants such a vitamin c, grapeseed oil, beta glucan, etc and you have a really great moisturizer. You might have to do your own research in regards to which brand to choose. These are rich ingredients but you can just apply lightly on your dry areas.
higig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:23 pm      Reply with quote
I use skinceutical b5 gel for face,and L'occitane cream for body.
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:52 am      Reply with quote
Valmont's L Elixir Des Glaciers is really really nice! But for $410 a bottle it should be nice

The wonderful EDS sent me a sample with my last order - I am loving it but yikes! $410

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:07 am      Reply with quote
I really like the Jan Marini Transformation cream- it smooths out my skin and provides just enough moisture. It does not aggravate my sensitive break out prone skin at all. It is also available in a serum I beleive.
yomama606
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
I have the same problem. I was wondering if Jan Marini Transformation cream makes your skin look oily when used in conjunction with the Obagi products?
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not familiar with Obagi, but I have really oily skin and the Jan Marini transformation cream has not added to the oilyness. A little goes along way with this cream, and it makes my makeup application just glide on.
HTH
CG
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |