Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Vanessa Williams loves Botox
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
From http://www.hollywoodlife.net/

Vanessa Williams Hearts Botox
February 22, 2008 @ 2:39 pm
Tags: Beauty Talk

We love Vanessa Williams.

She appears on The Barbara Walters Special airing on Oscar night and talks about Botox.

Ugly Betty’s Wilhelmina Slater explains, “I certainly do Botox, which I definitely think that almost every woman that I know has imbibed. And it’s a miracle drug — no cutting, nothing — and I love it!”

Hallelujah!

It’s refreshing to hear a celebrity actually tell it like it is. Normal women need to know that stars have a LOT of help.

They don’t get skinny by just doing pilates and they don’t get a trout pout from lip plumpers.

We think she looks fabulous. Keep shooting up, sista.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
She does look good and nature, not like some actress who looked expression-less.

I can see she did eyes, no wrinkle or crow feet at all with such a big smile.

5% products discount

Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
She looks fabulous!
But I hope she will not get side effects from Botox as some I got after few shots.
Here's a link of what it can do to you:
http://women.emedtv.com/botox/botox-side-effects.html
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:27 am      Reply with quote
I am glad that one of the leading Hollywood ladies speaks so openly about botox. I am getting quite sick of looking at perfectly wrinkle-less faces, who declare that they own their smooth skin because of yoga, water, or a certain kind of cream...while perhaps 85% of Hollywood actrices must have used some kind of botox treatment in their life...
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:19 am      Reply with quote
Vanessa is soooo beautiful and a very strong woman. Botox is great, I've done it for 5 years, no side effects, so does hubby but not as much. It's a great pick-me-up for eyes and a simple way to go. Not for everyone of course, but I am glad Vanessa mentions it.

5% products discount

Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:21 am      Reply with quote
It helps to be black 'cause black don't crack Laughing I also done it for about 5 years (twice a year) and I stopped in late 2005 'cause I convinced my sister to do it and she did it only once and the same day she had blurred vision (she had her eyes checked 2 weeks before her botox and she has been told her vision was like the vision of an eagle) and also pain in her neck, and since she needed to wear glasses. Then after she told me this, I realized that are the same symptoms I had for for about 4 years, the pain started on my trapezius (muscle upper back and then for last 3 years it went on my upper arms and of course it has affected my vision and my skin gets itchy.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
I've always found her to be upfront about secrets of looking good.
mariepop
5% products discount

Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Just FYI

But there's a bigger danger with Botox: death.

Public Citizen analyzed FDA data on Botox from 1997 to 2006. Among the findings: 180 patients developed life-threatening conditions after being injected with Botox, with 16 deaths and 87 hospitalizations. Four of the deaths occurred in children under 18. The injections of the neurotoxin, which is used to induce paralysis at the wrinkled area, apparently also caused paralysis of the respiratory muscles and dysphagia (difficulty swallowing), leading to pneumonia and fluid in the lungs.

Additionally, 658 cases of patients having adverse effects to Botox were reported. Because these reports were voluntary and came from the makers of Botox, they are estimated to account for only 10 percent of all cases.

You want to read more follow this is the link

http://www.naturalnews.com/022720.html
I hope it will be available for awhile!
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Those who choose to go the Botox route are certainly entitled to do so but that's the line I never plan to cross. Something about the idea of shooting poison into my face and paralyzing my muscles just makes me feel a little squidgy. I get this same reaction whenever I hear about piercings of any kind as well... Laughing

Ooh, and too many collagen injections just looks awful. Has anyone seen Janice Dickinson or Lisa Rinna lately? They're lips have completely lost any definition, how awful!

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
mariepop
5% products discount

Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
When the upper lip is bigger than the lower one such as Melanie Griffith & Lisa Rinna, it's really weird! it must be an implant not collagen, 'cause collagen is more subtil and doesn't last! Celebrity bitching LOL
Jala
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
I'd never get botox, but every time I see that commercial for Juvaderm, I can't help but to fantasize about having my "parentheses" filled Laughing

Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |