Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
lipotherapy/lipodissolve/mesotherpay
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone had this done or know of anyone that has?

Basically, it involves injects of a soy derivitive into areas where you want to reduce fat pockets. I'm considering it but want more info.
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:53 am      Reply with quote
Lily, if you're thinking of doing mesotherapy don't bother, it doesn't work.

I found a doctor that administer mesotherapy and bought a package of 6 treatments in the hope of getting rid of abdominal fat.

I was told the first treatment would not produce any results but by the third one, when I saw no improvements, I stopped and asked for a refund. I was very disappointed!

Treatments are extremely uncomfortable for the fist 20 minutes, then the burning subsides and for the next few days you are swollen and covered by black and blue marks. This wasn't so bad since they were in an area where nobody sees them, but the swelling was pretty bad and my pants did not fit me anymore. After the swelling went away I had small, hard nodules. Almost a year later I still have a couple of nodules on my abdomen.

I would not recommend mesotherapy. It's expensive, painful and it doesn't work.
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Bellezza:

Wow. Thank you so much for your post. Is Mesotherapy the same as Lipotherapy- that is what I am confused about also as I think the two are slightly different.

It's a pocket of fat on my upper inner thighs that drives me crazy and I can't get rid of since my daughter was born.

Sigh, I thought this might be the answer.
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:11 am      Reply with quote
Lily, I'm not sure of the difference between the two but I think it depends on the 'cocktail' they inject.

Dr Lionel Bissoon in FL supposedly perfected the technique invented by a French Dr. and trained American doctors in mesotherapy. If you read his website you'll find it very convincing. I made sure to find such a Dr. at considerable distance from me, but as I said it didn't work.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:52 am      Reply with quote
I know people for whom lipodissolve worked very well. There are several things to consider before doing lipodisslve:

Not a weight loss
It is not a weight loss program, but more of body contouring. It is suitable to remove isolated pockets of fat such as "muffin top" on the stomach, saddle bags, or love handles.

There are several approaches to do it.

Less solution/more treatments approach
Some clinics sell packages of 6 or so treatments and inject miniscule amount of solution (5 - 10 cc). Treatments spaced 2 - 4 weeks apart. My understanding is that people are usually not satisfied with the results achieved by this approach.

More solution approach
Some clinics inject lots of solution at once (100 cc), and you do not need to buy a package. This approach requires 8 - 12 weeks between treatments, and usually fewer treatments are needed, 1 - 3 treatments. It seems that there is more satisfaction with the results achieved with this approach.

What to expect
(More solution approach)

Swell like hell, some people with stomach treatments say that they felt like several month pregnant. Drink lots of fluid that actually will go to swelling areas. Bruising.

You still can go to work, but be ready to discomfort, and wear VERY loose cloths. You would not fit in your jeans. It is better if possible to stay at home for several days after treatment.

Be patient
The worst subsides in 48-72 hours. Bruising disappears in a week or two. You get back to normal size in 3 weeks. Start noticing results in 4 weeks. Keep on seeing results 6 - 8 weeks. Some results continue up to 12 weeks.

This said, if you feel that you still want to lose inches you can go for the next treatments after 10- 12 weeks. Depending on amount of fat you want to lose you might need just one treatment.

The key is to be patient..

Type of fat
Different types of fat respond to lipodissolve differently. Soft fat is the best for this procedure it melts away more readily. Hard, dense fat is more difficult to treat. I have heard that even ethnicity plays role, some have higher success rate.

Tighter skin
The benefit of lipodissolve: not scars, and tighter skin in the areas treated.

Do lots of research before you decide to move forward, and make sure that the procedure is performed by a medical doctor.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:24 am      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
I know people for whom lipodissolve worked very well. There are several things to consider before doing lipodisslve:

Not a weight loss
It is not a weight loss program, but more of body contouring. It is suitable to remove isolated pockets of fat such as "muffin top" on the stomach, saddle bags, or love handles.

There are several approaches to do it.

Less solution/more treatments approach
Some clinics sell packages of 6 or so treatments and inject miniscule amount of solution (5 - 10 cc). Treatments spaced 2 - 4 weeks apart. My understanding is that people are usually not satisfied with the results achieved by this approach.

More solution approach
Some clinics inject lots of solution at once (100 cc), and you do not need to buy a package. This approach requires 8 - 12 weeks between treatments, and usually fewer treatments are needed, 1 - 3 treatments. It seems that there is more satisfaction with the results achieved with this approach.

What to expect
(More solution approach)

Swell like hell, some people with stomach treatments say that they felt like several month pregnant. Drink lots of fluid that actually will go to swelling areas. Bruising.

You still can go to work, but be ready to discomfort, and wear VERY loose cloths. You would not fit in your jeans. It is better if possible to stay at home for several days after treatment.

Be patient
The worst subsides in 48-72 hours. Bruising disappears in a week or two. You get back to normal size in 3 weeks. Start noticing results in 4 weeks. Keep on seeing results 6 - 8 weeks. Some results continue up to 12 weeks.

This said, if you feel that you still want to lose inches you can go for the next treatments after 10- 12 weeks. Depending on amount of fat you want to lose you might need just one treatment.

The key is to be patient..

Type of fat
Different types of fat respond to lipodissolve differently. Soft fat is the best for this procedure it melts away more readily. Hard, dense fat is more difficult to treat. I have heard that even ethnicity plays role, some have higher success rate.

Tighter skin
The benefit of lipodissolve: not scars, and tighter skin in the areas treated.

Do lots of research before you decide to move forward, and make sure that the procedure is performed by a medical doctor.

Thank you for this summary. It helps to clarify things for me. Umm..not sure that I want to be so swollen though. Looking pregnant is also not ideal. Confused I think I'm scratching this one off my list of things to try.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:26 am      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:
Lily, if you're thinking of doing mesotherapy don't bother, it doesn't work.

I found a doctor that administer mesotherapy and bought a package of 6 treatments in the hope of getting rid of abdominal fat.

I was told the first treatment would not produce any results but by the third one, when I saw no improvements, I stopped and asked for a refund. I was very disappointed!

Treatments are extremely uncomfortable for the fist 20 minutes, then the burning subsides and for the next few days you are swollen and covered by black and blue marks. This wasn't so bad since they were in an area where nobody sees them, but the swelling was pretty bad and my pants did not fit me anymore. After the swelling went away I had small, hard nodules. Almost a year later I still have a couple of nodules on my abdomen.

I would not recommend mesotherapy. It's expensive, painful and it doesn't work.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. Because of your post, I don't think I want to try it now. I did not know about so much swelling, and the hard nodules left inside stomach don't sound too good.
P Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
I don't really understand why anyone would do this. Why not go on an exercise program? Once you get to a certain body fat percentage, you won't have those "stubborn" areas. Plus, you'll be healthier to boot and exercise costs far less than medical procedures! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
P Girl wrote:
I don't really understand why anyone would do this. Why not go on an exercise program? Once you get to a certain body fat percentage, you won't have those "stubborn" areas. Plus, you'll be healthier to boot and exercise costs far less than medical procedures! Smile

Natural fat distribution over the body might be not even with some areas containing pockets of fat. There are multiple cases when slim people have say belly fat or saddle bags, and no exercises can rid of those isolated fat areas. Lipodissolve can help to resolve this problem. What is good about this procedure there are no scars.
P Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
Well, that may be true, however, people in the fitness industry would describe those slim people with pockets of fat as being a fat skinny. If those people would do a regular routine of cardio and weight training and get in very good shape, they would very likely significantly reduce or remove those problem areas.

Look at bodybuilders. It's not realistic for all people to become bodybuilders, nor would many people want to look like that, but you don't see bodybuilders walking around with love handles.

Overall, this is a very interesting concept, but IMO it's a problem that could be fixed through more natural means.

Anyway, sorry for hijacking the thread! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
I have seen people that exercised and could not get rid of those fatty areas. They did not exercise as bodybuilders for sure, nor had desire to get to such extreme. One person stated that she had exercised a lot, but still had saddlebags, and even if she should die in a desert what would be left of her it is two saddle bags. She was a good candidate for such procedure. But again it is a personal choice.
P Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:54 am      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
even if she should die in a desert what would be left of her it is two saddle bags.

LMAO...Now that's funny.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:41 am      Reply with quote
Sorry for the additional hijack.

When I was in my teens I was very fit. I was a swimmer (life guard) and did martial arts and taught the children's martial arts class.

I had no fat to spare, EXCEPT on my inner thighs. I was on the very low end of healthy for body fat but I still had soft inner thighs. And it wasn't because of the muscle.

So, while I think this procedure should not be used for weight loss, and it kinda creeps me out, I really understand why someone who has worked hard to get fit would need something like this for a problem area.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
Why not just try regular liposuction. It's been around forever and works quickly.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
Why not just try regular liposuction? It's been around forever and works quickly.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |