Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Relax-a-line for forehead - what about smile lines?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
VegasGirl
5% products discount

Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone!
Got my Relax-a-line and am loving it for the forehead and eyes. What do you guys recommend for my smile lines though? I have a small one, nothing too major but its really ticking me off. I am also acne prone, so can't have anything oily. What do you guys recommend?

Thanks!!
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the relax serum for a couple of months now and I love it! I really notice a difference on my forehead. I started using it as well on my laugh lines about a week ago, but haven't noticed anything yet. I think I need to give it more time. As for acne, the serum is oil free, so it shouldn't break you out.
VegasGirl
5% products discount

Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there!
I have tried the relax-a-line on my smile lines for the past two days as well but I could swear its making those lines look more noticeable. I could just be incredibly paranoid but its worrying me. So I thought maybe I should be using something more "rich" but oil free for that area maybe..? I do LOVE the relax-a-line for the forehead and eyes though, its awesome!
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:27 am      Reply with quote
What about the Skin Perfecting Lotion from Murad? It is oil free, but is very moisturizing. It also has Retinol in it to help reduce fine lines. Or are you looking for more of a treatment instead of a moisturizer? Any other ideas anyone?
VegasGirl
5% products discount

Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Pbsadhaka! I actually went to an Ulta cosmetics store today so I bought some Neutrogena Healthy Skin "Anti-Wrinkle Cream" with Retinol and multivitamins since I liked that its oil free, extremely affordable and has retinol. Figure I'll give it a shot on the laugh lines. I'll let you know if I'm successful. Razz

On another note, saw the "Fake Bake" that other people were talking about in another thread so I grabbed some of that too! Very Happy
Gaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:27 am      Reply with quote
I am new and have been reading all these posts. Heard a lot about relax a line. Where do you purchase it from? Is it an argiline product? Thanks Exclamation
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:36 am      Reply with quote
Relax-a-line is fromwww.cellularskinx.com
It is great. oh and welcome to site.
Lori
Gaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks loopylori. I am going to be asking some more questions in a new post!
jenny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
My experience with relax-a-line was the same - my laugh lines did not improve. However, I found that Skinceuticals' Intense Line Defense is still the most effective in this aspect for me. I apply it in the night - and I do wake up with hardly visible smile lines. It works for undereye wrinkles as well.

HTH
Jenny
Strawberry
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
vegas girl do let us know Smile waiting anxiously!!
VegasGirl
5% products discount

Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi Strawberry!
Well the Neutrogena Healthy Skin "Anti-Wrinkle Cream" with Retinol worked really well -- with my husband noticing a difference pretty immediately -- probably because the area was more moisturized than usual so the line was less noticeable BUT I did start to break out. Grrrr. Its even oil free so I'm disappointed. My search continues!! I am just so sensitive around my mouth area for break outs so just about everything except Proactiv aggravates it. The search continues for me, but for anyone who isn't sensitive to break outs, this is probably a great affordable alternative. Smile
Strawberry
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Vegasgirl,
Thanx for the update and your reply. Like you, i am also sensitive around the mouth area i.e an inch away from the corner of my mouth and usually break out there. I tried the neutrogena visibly even moisturizer and am keeping my fingers crossed.

It getting a bit confusing since we are in the age where we use many products to what works and what does not. Its hard to use one product for months to see its true results.
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,

My experience with Neutrogena is the same as both of you. I break out easily with their products. Their products are the least expensive ones among all the products I am using. I was hoping that they would work for me, so I do not have to spend a fortune on the expensive products. However, every time I used Neutrogena products, I broke out. What a shame!

Rose
Strawberry
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using relax a line for my forehead lines, they are not very prominent right now, but i was using it for prevention and relax the ones i have. i have started noticing a lot of tiny lines appear on my forehead recently. that scared me and i stopped using relax a line. i do have normal to dry skin and i was just using the product over my vit C and without a moisturizer. maybe that was the reason, i duno. anyone else experienced that?
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
Strawberry, where are you? If you are in a dry climate or an A/C environment all the time, the hyaluronic acid will find moisture in your skin to absorb instead of finding it in the air around you or any moisturizer you might put over your Relax (like sunscreen). I'm in Texas and it can get really hot and dry. When that happens, I notice that the hyaluronic acid products I use do just what you described. I put my Nivea CoQ10 over them and it solves the problem right away. HA is a humectant. That means it takes moisture from its surroundings to put into your skin. If you are in a humid environment, this is great. If not, you have to add some moisture to your skin to form the protective moisture barrier. Even though this is a downside to HA, since it works at a cellular level and provides an optimal environment for new cell growth, I think its worth the trouble.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
Strawberry wrote:
I have been using relax a line for my forehead lines, they are not very prominent right now, but i was using it for prevention and relax the ones i have. i have started noticing a lot of tiny lines appear on my forehead recently. that scared me and i stopped using relax a line. i do have normal to dry skin and i was just using the product over my vit C and without a moisturizer. maybe that was the reason, i duno. anyone else experienced that?

Acetyl Hexapeptide-3 is drying!!!! I first tried Avotox and I also noticed many more fines lines. I now use ADCE and their Prep and find that I am doing just fine.

I have been using ADCE for three months. I don't care what any product claims. My feelings are that it takes several months of use. Yes, I did see awesome results after 2 weeks, one month etc. If the product is working I don't think you can say I am at a stand still and try something else. Time will tell with all these Acetyl Hex 3 products.

If the product you are using does not have moisturizers in them or if you are very dry, you should use a good moisturizer over it.

Idea When using AH3 I think you can notice a few more lines if your face has sagged at all. I am using ADCE on my whole face and neck. The most noticable change for me was my skins firmness. For a short time my crows feet and forehead lines looked deeper. It makes sense to me that when my face LIFTED it made the lines more visable. Why I say keep at it is that it has all evened out now. Crows feet and forehead lines less visable.

Perhaps if you put a product with AH3 on your whole face the smile lines would be less visable as the cheeks would be firmer and lift. Take you hands and very gently full up on you outer cheek bone (under corner of your eye). Notice how the smile lines fade out.
Any thoughts on this girls??

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:58 am      Reply with quote
I put my relax over my whole face and always, always wear a moisturiser on top or my skin dries out unles it's misty or wet

Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |