Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
What in the world is Tepezcohuite?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
laurabeth
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:30 am      Reply with quote
I visited thankyoustan's site on ebay and he advertises this as a miracle skin product. Looks like tar to me. Anyone use this?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:55 am      Reply with quote
There is a website www.lavictoriana.com that sells a lavender and tepeschohuite soap for burned, irritaed skin. I have never used this product but it seems like a very interesting skin care remedy.
cahoot
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
i did get a small sample of this when i bought his microdermabrasion cloth. it was very moisturising, too much for my face. i used it on the stretch marks on my tummy but i think the sample was too small to see a difference.

hmm..now i'm tempted to buy a bigger jar and try it out on my stretchmarks. i have very deep stretchmarks from having 4 daughters and i hate them so anything that helps will be a miracle!
chinachatters
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
It's a new one to me, so I googled and found a bunch of sellers and also this intriguing abstract from pubmed.gov.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1818366?dopt=Abstract

Due to the potentially hepatotoxic effects and low therapeutic efficacy of tepescohuite it should not be used in human beings.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
chinachatters wrote:
It's a new one to me, so I googled and found a bunch of sellers and also this intriguing abstract from pubmed.gov.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1818366?dopt=Abstract

Due to the potentially hepatotoxic effects and low therapeutic efficacy of tepescohuite it should not be used in human beings.

Pore rabbits

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sure many will take the phrase, "IN humans" and, "ON humans" to be two very different things. Brick wall
laurabeth
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds a little scary to me :-&

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
Poor rabbits, indeed Crying or Very sad
mimiek
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
I'm also very interested…. I've been searching information about this cream but there is not so much information available. As I understand it, the tree bark is externally used on injuries (especially burns).

Today I came across this paper discussing this plant and the benefits of other plants. A great reading!
http://www.dweckdata.com/Lectures/Forward_Naturally.pdf

I also find this website where a guy sitting in a wheelchair talks about his experience.
http://mouthstick.net/tipsbits/tepezc~1.htm

I am planning to try epezcohuite soon on my stretch marks and even on my face. I will combine it with a device like dermaroller when used on stretch marks.

I will be buying the cream from the website below if they offer international shipping because their prices are much lower than the ones offered at ebay.
http://www.herbsofmexico.com/ointment.asp

I hope this information helped.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
It is MIMOSA.

This is what is says on the clarins site about it :

Mimosa tenuiflora
The Mimosa tree grows in southeast Mexico. According to Maya traditions, powder made from its bark (which still bears the name Tepsecohuite), has magical powers for healing wounds suffered by both men and animals. Two dramatic events in Mexico (a fire and an earthquake) served as reminders of these medicinal properties. In both cases, the Red Cross actually stipulated that Mimosa was to be used to treat victims. The results were no less than amazing: it was utilized as an analgesic and helped heal and repigment skin in less than 3 months.
laurabeth
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! I wonder if this is an ancient herbal remedy then. So many herbs used long ago have had their structure copied and turned into a drug by pharmacopia (foxglove plant - digoxin)
I wonder if it only works on wounded skin then that is in the process of fibroblast repair?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
Awww, poor bunnies.

Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
LaVigne Organic Skincare is another one with Tepezcohuite products...
www.lavigneorganics.com
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |