Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Obagi and dark circles?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
newface
5% products discount

Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
My dermatologist told me that Obagi would lighten dark under-eye circles but I am having trouble believing that. Apparently, the bleaching agent is what does it.

Has anyone using Obagi noticed a difference in their dark circles?
beeb
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
Obagi can lighten dark circles only if the circles are caused by hyper-pigmentation. If the circles are caused by poor circulation or another cause, no cream applied topically will do much for them.
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
HOw about the freckles and sun damage? Does Obagi Nuderm work on those?????
newface
5% products discount

Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, both freckles and sun damage! Check out the site thoroughly and the before/after photos.

http://www.obagi.com/article/forpatients/obaginu-dermsystem/obaginu-dermsystem.html
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
How about Obagi RX-C System? Does it work for freckles and dark circles too?
newface
5% products discount

Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
I am not sure but if you go to the link I gave you there is all the information you need. It is the Obagi web site.
agee
5% products discount

Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
I used to have dark under-eye circles, and could never get rid of it nor successfully cover it up.
I learned I had sleep apnea, and was amazed that the dark circles disappeared after I used the c-pap machine for a while. I hope this is not the case with you, but you might check it out.
agee
5% products discount

Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
P.S. I have used Obagi for over a year, and it is great, but like the other poster said, it will not remove the dark under-eye circles unless it is caused by pigmentation.
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
Agee, what is c pep machine?????
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, typo..C pap I mean
Margar
5% products discount

Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
newface wrote:
My dermatologist told me that Obagi would lighten dark under-eye circles...

I didn't think you were supposed to use any of the Obagi products underneath the eyebrow or under the eye. If you are doing so and not having any problems, let us know. Specifically, which products are you using in the eye region 'Question'
newface
5% products discount

Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:53 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
I didn't think you were supposed to use any of the Obagi products underneath the eyebrow or under the eye. If you are doing so and not having any problems, let us know. Specifically, which products are you using in the eye region

You are right. She said that the products migrate to the eye area which is why you don't need to put them there. And they aren't kidding! All under my eyes is wrinkled and flaky, but the only thing I use there is the Vitamin C serum 5% (it is the 'eye' serum). They advise Aquaphor to calm down the peeling. It is like vaseline, and I have started using that under the eye as well and sunscreen in the morning but absolutely no other products there at all.
Margar
5% products discount

Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:45 am      Reply with quote
If the products migrate to the eye area, then we need to be using sunscreen below the eyebrow and the undereye concealer needs to contain sunscreen. If you don't use concealer, then you would need to put sunscreen under the eye too. I know MAC sells some sunscreen that is 50 spf that is specifically for under the eye because it does not sting.
newface
5% products discount

Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:32 am      Reply with quote
Yes. I had mentioned that I do use sunscreen there, even on the eyelids. I have 30 SPF but am not outside very much.

My next appointment is the 24th so we shall see what they say.

It is not worth stopping no matter what because this phase is expected. Everyone says you have to just stick with it. Besides, I refuse to be going through this ugliness for nothing! And then of course is the cost! It is probably working just as it should be. The more sun damage, the worse it will be, so I am sticking with it. If only I could figure out what this darn wrinkling is about...
Margar
5% products discount

Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:09 am      Reply with quote
newface wrote:
Yes. I had mentioned that I do use sunscreen there, even on the eyelids. I have 30 SPF....

...If only I could figure out what this darn wrinkling is about...

I'm 56 and did have some wrinkles on the inner side of each cheek. The Obagi system completely took those away. I have had wrinkles between my eyes on the upper nose-brow area and the Obagi system has diminished the wrinkles there and I am still working with that area.

Regarding the wrinkling, crinkling right under the eye, you might reduce the amount of product you are applying in that area and/or use some additional moisturizer to that area only. I think that is just temporary due to the use of the products.
newface
5% products discount

Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:39 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
you might reduce the amount of product you are applying in that area and/or use some additional moisturizer to that area only. I think that is just temporary due to the use of the products.

This is what they told me - it's temporary. Looking at it though makes it hard for be to believe that! I will try your suggestions.

Thanks, Margar
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
that is good news... I don't want to have more wrinkle..I have heard that the obagi reduces wrinkles...Is it true??
agee
5% products discount

Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
Azumma,
C-pap machine forces air into the airways while you sleep. It is used for a health condition called 'sleep apnea', which you may want to google for information.
(The airways are blocked during sleep and a person actually stops breathing off and on during the night... Sleep disturbance. It seems that a lack of oxygen caused my dark circles. BTW, There are various causes of airway blockage.)
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Agee
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:55 am      Reply with quote
It did not help on improving my dark circles! Confused
Margar
5% products discount

Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
I just had a surgery consult for an upper eyelid lift (Blepharoplasty). My doctor said it was okay to use Obagi Clear and Blender + TRETINOIN in the eye region - under the eyebrow and under the eye. He said, "Just don't get the products in your eyes." He also mentioned that I should try not to get the products too close to the outer corner of the eye. You can then apply an eye cream over these areas.
terrific
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:50 am      Reply with quote
I have used Obagi for years and my dark circles are greatly improved but not gone. I think mine were a combination of too much sun and heritity. I think it helped the sun damage but not the heritity part. Still they are so improved most people who knew me with the dark circles question where they went. I use them very close to the under part of my eyes but not too close, and on the brow bone. Again these results have only been present for about 2 years and I have used Obagi for at least 5 years.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
I hope my dark circle and freckles go away. I am so exicting . I am waiting OBAGI Nuderm now..so once I get the products and I will post my progress... Laughing Very Happy
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:54 am      Reply with quote
Your comment is actually true. If it cause by dark pigmentation, no problem...

beeb wrote:
Obagi can lighten dark circles only if the circles are caused by hyper-pigmentation. If the circles are caused by poor circulation or another cause, no cream applied topically will do much for them.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:31 am      Reply with quote
Yes, it will diminish those with continued use...

azumma wrote:
HOw about the freckles and sun damage? Does Obagi Nuderm work on those?????
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |