Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
BOTOX: how many units, on averge?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
I know everyone is different but how many units, on average, of Botox does one need for the 11's between the brows and also how many, on average, for crow's feet?

I'm trying to work out approx how much it would be to have these areas done.

Thanks
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
I think 20 is about the average. When comparing price always ask how much they charge per unit,some drs seem cheaper but they give you less units per area so you need to ask how much pr unit........
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
How much they dilute the botox is also a factor when they charge by the unit.

Many doctors who charge by the area will give you a free touch up a week or two after if needed.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
I really don't know how many units are used on me. Maybe six?
chinachatters
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
I get 25 units for $400.

I get it only for the 11 lines, so it's used up in about six or seven injections along the tops of my eyebrows.

The last treatment lasted about four months and the doctor thinks the current one will last six months.
Pinup_Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
How bad do the injections hurt and how long do you look red or swollen?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:18 pm      Reply with quote
the injections really don't hurt. just a little prick. i was not swolen at all from botox. I did get swollen and bruised from restalyn
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:44 pm      Reply with quote
chinachatters wrote:
I get 25 units for $400.

I get it only for the 11 lines, so it's used up in about six or seven injections along the tops of my eyebrows.

The last treatment lasted about four months and the doctor thinks the current one will last six months.
Wow! I get 25 units for my 11's also but I only pay $250, my BF get 100 units for $1000 (men have tougher muscles). Where do you get yours? Should change Dr's. I always thought $10/unit was common and time to time go on promo for $8 in Canada anyway.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:31 am      Reply with quote
I get 18 units and they normally last about 8-10 months now. I get 5 injections along the top of the brow and one in between and they do not hurt. There is swelling for about 5 minutes and then a teeny teeny red prick mark that can easily be covered in makeup. My hubby uses 20-25 units but he has a very strong glabellar muscle.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
So does it actually take your lines away instantly or just prevent them from deepening and new ones forming?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Pinup_Girl wrote:
So does it actually take your lines away instantly or just prevent them from deepening and new ones forming?
It does both because the muscles can't contract so the skin just stays flat. New lines are prevented because the muscles can't contract and cause the creasing.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
It's bad enough I'm a skincare and makeup junkie and now I'm getting interested in cosmetic procedures. LOL

What about laser treatment for lines...has anyone tried it? If so, what was the price and your results?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
I tried Fraxel which didn't work for me, and Cool Touch II, which takes up to 3 treatments before results are seen. Since I haven't had my 2nd or 3rd I will get back to you on that. Peels work good on lines, as does restylane or juvaderm.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
yes I was told that botoxprevent future wrinkles because you aren't making the expressions that make the wrinkles....I pay 10 pr unit,I have seen it sold for up to 17 a unit.(and diluted too)
Pinup_Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
I tried Fraxel which didn't work for me, and Cool Touch II, which takes up to 3 treatments before results are seen. Since I haven't had my 2nd or 3rd I will get back to you on that. Peels work good on lines, as does restylane or juvaderm.

So what do these laser treatments cost?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
yes I was told that botoxprevent future wrinkles because you aren't making the expressions that make the wrinkles....I pay 10 pr unit,I have seen it sold for up to 17 a unit.(and diluted too)

Do those of you that mention that your Botox costs $10/unit live in the US? Alao, how do you know if it's diluted? Do they tell you or do you just get a less potent dose, therefore necessitating more frequent visits AKA more money in the dr's pocket?! LOL

5% products discount

Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
I live in the US and usually pay about $12/unit but have paid as little as $10/unit. The doctor is not going to tell you if they dilute it but once you've had botox several times you can tell when it has been diluted. For example, I always get 20 units. It always lasts the same amount of time. However, if I get 20 units and it takes longer to "kick in" and doesn't last as long, I know it was diluted. I've been getting botox for 5 years and it has become a "beauty necessity" for me.
Pinup_Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
Jemm_ wrote:
I live in the US and usually pay about $12/unit but have paid as little as $10/unit. The doctor is not going to tell you if they dilute it but once you've had botox several times you can tell when it has been diluted. For example, I always get 20 units. It always lasts the same amount of time. However, if I get 20 units and it takes longer to "kick in" and doesn't last as long, I know it was diluted. I've been getting botox for 5 years and it has become a "beauty necessity" for me.

Thanks Jemm. How old are you, where on your face do you use it and what is the average amount of time it lasts?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Pinup Girl-The Cool Touch Laser costs about 250.00 per treatment or 225.00 if you buy a package of four.
Sometimes we get the botox for 8.50 to 9.00 a unit here in Texas, if they are running a special.
My hubby is dealing with the issue of it not taking. And then he went back and they mixed up or opened a fresh batch to retreat and it didn't take either. First time that's happened and the esthetician is a very good friend of ours and does it personally at our derm's med/spa. Been going there for 6 years with very positive results always.
And then a crazy thought occurred to me, can a flu shot interfere with results, because he had one a day or so before? Has anyone ever heard of that? I haven't, but I have a vivid imagination and that's the only variable that has been different from any other time.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Pinup Girl-The Cool Touch Laser costs about 250.00 per treatment or 225.00 if you buy a package of four.
Sometimes we get the botox for 8.50 to 9.00 a unit here in Texas, if they are running a special.
My hubby is dealing with the issue of it not taking. And then he went back and they mixed up or opened a fresh batch to retreat and it didn't take either. First time that's happened and the esthetician is a very good friend of ours and does it personally at our derm's med/spa. Been going there for 6 years with very positive results always.
And then a crazy thought occurred to me, can a flu shot interfere with results, because he had one a day or so before? Has anyone ever heard of that? I haven't, but I have a vivid imagination and that's the only variable that has been different from any other time.

Hi Annie,

Thanks for the info. Do you know how many laser treatments it takes and how long it lasts?

I did some research on Botox/flu shots and didn't find a connection about the lack of efficacy, BUT I did find some scarey info that people were actually getting Botox instead of flu shots by mistake and suffered from Bell's Palsy. Also, some complained of some pretty bad reactions to Botox treatments. I'm sure this is rare, but have any of you had any side effects after your injections?

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:

Where in Texas are you located? I am moving to San Antonio soon and would love some reccs on places to go for Botox.
Also, does it help with crows feet and loose skin under the eyes? this is my problem and I have never used Botox as of yet.

thanks in advance!
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
I get it in the san diego county area for 10 a unit,the nurse told me it is NOT diluted but she did mention another place in La Jolla that charges 17 a unit and dilutes it.
chinachatters
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
Regarding price - $400 that I pay vs. $250. It's a little less expensive from my plastic surgeon's spa than it is from him. That might be the difference.

There was one time that my Botox didn't last - I thought it was from too few injections. Didn't enter my mind that anyone would dilute it. I don't see how they can. I think the cap is clamped on so only the needle can get into it.

That would be malpractice, anyway, since the conditions for diluting it would make it un-sterile as well as fraudulent. I guess you have to take it on faith that the person who's selling it is ethical at some level.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
I live in the Austin area (Leander precisely), having just moved up from Kyle/Wimberley. I don't know of anyone in the San Antonio area that's had it done but Dr. Catherine Milbourn is a great plastic surgeon and they do botox in her office. I know of tons of people who have used her.
I've never had any side effects from botox and I asked my derm the flu shot question. He laughed at me in that "you're so blond" kind of way, but he is going to look at my hubby on Thursday, since my friend the esthetician thought he might need to see what's going on.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
My first post must be really off. I don't remember how many units, but I do remember the cost!
It was about $400.00 Canadian
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |