Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Why are so many people so inconsiderate when they get sick?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
This really pisses me off. Why do people do this. What are they thinking. They really could care less about getting others sick and spreading it to others.

My inlaws - husbands parents, who I obligatorily had to hang out with and see for 2 days because they came into town to go on some cheesy cruise. Then on their way back from the cruise they set up their flight to have a 7-8 hour delay so they were like, why don't you guys pick us up from the airport so we can hang out before our flight and then drop us back off at the airport.

My husband totally forgot about the day. I did as well. And then they call and call this morning so we had to get up early and rush out to get them. Then as soon as we pick them up and they get in the car, they start coughing and talking about how they have such a bad cold and were in their cabin in bed on the cruise for most of the past 2 days. Can we stop at the store to pick up cold medicine cause he's coughing so much. Gee, thanks. Then they start talking about how everyone's getting this cold, and so and so on the boat was sick too, and their son back home is sick.

So, it's like, come pick us up. We're bored and have a super surprise going away gift we want to give you, instead of waiting a couple hours at the airport to spare you guys of this torturous cold. Not only did they not care it is a work day and we have employees here and work to get done, but they wanted to get our whole office sick. They act as though it's not a contagious thing, or they are not putting you at risk. Are people really that dumb? We introduced them to some to some of the people and the guy was like coughing, oh give me 3 ft distance, I'm sick - cough cough! Like there was any distance in the car right next to them, or like that matters. Ahhh! They could of warned us!
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:33 pm      Reply with quote
....Hehe... I am with you when it comes to people's consideration (or lack of it) when they have a cold, or flu. I tend to think that when people are that sick, whoosy and weak in energy, they feel it's natural for others to sympathise and worse, expect to have relatives to come to their aid at the drop of a hat. It is like they can't reason normally, and the fact that it may be going out of your way or unreasonable doesn't seem to gel. Confused Unfortunately, being linked by blood, or in your case by marriage, (and I guess it also depends on what backgrounds you're from).. but being 'family' you are obligated to this kind of call. It happens to me all the time, the airport thing. Laughing

But one of my pet hates is people who knowingly bring themselves to work, infecting other people, when they're as sick as a dog. I am not talking about just a sniffle or cold, but a DEATH COUGH and fluey. If you've got a headcold you're hardly going to give 100 percent, let alone 20%. To soldier on when you're that sick is not on when you bring down the people in the area around you !!! I used to cringe everytime someone who looks like death warmed up turns up at work, coughing and wheezing and I try to serreptitiously cover up my face with a tissue (as if that helps with the air borne bacteria floating around) Rolling Eyes ...but now I just say half-jokingly-half-seriously "I don't want to get infected. I will seriously get the *beep* if I am knocked down with this flu". Laughing

It usually works. Wink Just be direct, speak up. Silence fails.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |