Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Which facial exercise is best-Carole maggio or flexeffect?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:54 pm      Reply with quote
Which program is better? I like the fact that flexeffect has a forum for questions and losts of before and after pics.Carol Maggio's program promises fast results,flex effect can take a couple months. Which is better? I am tending to want to order flex effect.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:23 am      Reply with quote
I purchased both systems, and in my opinion FlexEffect is better. So I eventually chose FE over Facercise (Carol Maggio). At the same time there are a several Carol Maggio exercises that can be used in conjunction with FlexEffect. FlexEffect is more strenuous and you need to dedicate more time to it, but again the results are there.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:43 am      Reply with quote
yes I saw the before and after photos that really seemed to show dramatic results.,if I purchase the flex effect do you think I could get the exercises down to 15 min a day?
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, you will see the results with 15 min per day exercising. I myself do 15 - 20 min worth of exercises per day. Over the time I will expand them, but for now I do just a subset. There is DVD with 14 exercises, and a book with 40. You can start with DVD, do it for a couple of months to see how it goes, and if you want to increase the count. Anyway you will have a learning curve. Also I somehow do mostly variations of exercises, because I found that some exercises work better for me as variations as opposed to as they are described in the book/DVD. There are lots of variation suggestions on FlexEffext boards.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
How long did it take for you to see improvements and where was the improvement?I had surgery,so there isnt much to sag but I just want to keep things tight.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
Here is a quote from http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=334486&highlight=#334486 thread that answers your question:

mpstat wrote:
AZGirl wrote:
mpstat
Curious to know if you see a lot of improvement from the exercises. I just ordered FlexEffect and am anxiously waiting for it to arrive. I will be taking pictures before and along the way to mark the progress.
Do you have any before and after photos to share?

I do see improvement from the exercises, I can feel that my upper cheeks are plumper. What is interesting that I somehow managed to work out left cheek more then the right one, it is not visible when I look at the face, but I can feel it when I touch both the cheeks. Smile Smile

I do not have pictures, I tried to photograph myself, but the pictures turned out of a poor quality. Sad On a positive note, in addition to my cheeks, my eyes look more rested, and my lips are plumper. (this is with one advanced lip exercise only!) Very Happy

As I mentioned, I do not do a full set of exersises yet. My goal to reach the full set within a year or two. I do exersises for about 15 - 20 minutes a day instead of 30 minutes, and a lot of them are variations of original exercises I learned on FlexEffect boards. I found that some variations work better for me then original exercises, so I am still in learning mode. I did get though a couple of rough periods while figuring out what was working better for me...I know that I should put more effort into it, because I do see results from what I have been doing already...

I like how I look now Very Happy Very Happy Just this tiredness in the look of my eyes is gone.... It is overall look that I have achieved so far I like Very Happy Very Happy

After I was doing the exercises for two months, my hairdresser noticed that I looked "fresher" and asked what I was doing Wink Also, lately I was traveling a lot, and did not get enough sleep with early morning flights. To my surprise when I was terribly tiered I did not look as if I was just "dug out from the grave" with spooky eyes, and doggy face. I looked good!!! Very Happy I attribute this "fresher" look to doing exercises...

To add to the answer above, I practically do not do neck exercises, and put more focus on major exercises that address face. Some people see faster improvement in eyes area, I think it is the case with me too for upper and lower lids. At the same time although I do not have wrinkles or fine lines, but when I smile those terrible crows feet appear, it seems that particular area does not respond fast enough.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
One more thing... I do not have those amazing results like on FE web site before/after photos. But those are really dedicated flexers.. Some of them have gone through "cheeks bootcamp" etc. My understanding that once you achieve the desired result via say "cheeks bootcamp", you just need to maintain it. Also I do not have a lot of sag to start with. The more improvement desired, the more time should be put into flexing. It is always easier to prevent then to reverse. Sounds that you might be in preventive mode, which is great.
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:24 am      Reply with quote
Just to intersect here, the before and after pictures are not of anyone who has done the cheek bootcamp. In fact, the majority were done before we even came up with that concept.

They are dedicated though, but its much the same as anything. What you put out you really do get back energy wise. Its also a timing matter. I think Jacqui is the shortest picture on the before and afters (her pictures are that of the eyes with the 2 week gap) and that is, as Deb points out on the website, extremely rare.

Its a tough task though, as usually we have to request permission to use pictures and it seems that when people find that it works, they don't want the secret getting out!

[quote="mpstat"]One more thing... I do not have those amazing results like on FE web site before/after photos. But those are really dedicated flexers.. Some of them have gone through "cheeks bootcamp" etc. My understanding that once you achieve the desired result via say "cheeks bootcamp", you just need to maintain it. Also I do not have a lot of sag to start with. The more improvement desired, the more time should be put into flexing. It is always easier to prevent then to reverse. Sounds that you might be in preventive mode, which is great.[/quote]
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:03 am      Reply with quote
How do you do "Cheek Boot Camp?" Is it a special set of exercises? Or do you go to a seminar to learn it? Are the results supposed to come quicker? I think this is what I need - the "Cheek Lift".
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:07 am      Reply with quote
Cheek Boot camp is a specific set of exercises that aren’t for beginners. They require you to basically hold contractions for much longer counts. It is a special routine of exercises but you do really need to be able to consciously contract the cheek muscles individually and collectively at will and be able to hold that for a certain amount of time. Its certainly not something I would give any flexer who hadn’t done the routine for at least a year.

That being said, the ordinary workout can definitely help here but you have to give yourself time for the exercises to have the effect.

The bootcamp is an innovation that one of the trainers came up with and is similar to a bootcamp where you progressively overload the muscles individually and collectively. But to attempt to do it before your body is able is not going to get you faster results, and in fact might halt your progress. Make sense?
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:54 am      Reply with quote
When I follow the video exercises, I wonder if counting only to 6 counts was long enough, and some exercises seem to make my NL lines more pronounced, so I am scared to continue them. Should I persist? Maybe I was just not doing them correctly.
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:16 am      Reply with quote
The 6 counts is long enough, and was based on a study done somewhere that indicated the maximum amount of time for a muscle to consciously contract was 6 seconds. You could hold for longer if you wished, but 6 seconds is literally enough time to contract the muscle and hold. Remember the actual 6 count starts when you contract and that you can really feel when you do it.

As for the NL lines, it depends on so many factors. Sometimes when the cheek muscles are pumped, they lift up and out, and create what appears to be NL lines, temporarily, but this isn’t permanent. Do you have the book, as when I used to do any exercise that gave me any line or redness, I would literally massage that section according to the book and could see the line literally disappear before my eyes (and you used to feel warmer in that area which signified increased circulation). Not all muscles respond straight away. We are all different and so for some people they have strong mouth muscles and these jump out from day 1, and their cheeks sometimes take a couple of months to get activated. Others have the opposite, strong cheeks which lift up and out and weak mouth muscle. No two people are like that I have seen, however in aiming for your goal whether its to bulk them up you need to really look at the bigger picture involved.

With CONSISTANT training with any facial program you should get results of sorts, but depending on what your goals are will dictate what program you choose. For instance FlexEffect is without doubt bodybuilding for the face. If you simply want to maintain tone then you might want Facercise or Eva Fraser (actually they will build muscle but do it without much resistance and so don’t have the same results as FE) but if your looking more for that then they are worthy of considering.

With flexing though I often tell people that if they are consistently training (minimum 5 days per week max 7 days per week), you should be seeing and feeling a difference in your skin within a very short space of time.

Other factors that effect the speed of progress are:

* What is the condition of your skin? Poorly sundamaged skin simply can’t spring into action as fast as healthy, undamaged skin

* skincare regime? Use of good quality products and possible a remodelling agent.

* Do you have any illness or are you on medications? For example, someone whose thyroid is over producing or under producing whole endocrine system is out of sorts, because the other glands are attempting to make up for it, so the body isn’t going to be majorily worried over the facial muscles being exercised but will be concentrating on survival. That’s not to say that someone with Thyroid issues won’t get results, they always do, but they just seem to take a little longer than the average healthy individual because of the health concerns. Many medications nowadays contain muscle relaxants, so of course these prevent the muscle fully working hard and engaging.

Are you taking oral supplements?(antioxidants). Diet and supplementation is an absolute must health wise and exercise wise. Even raw fooders need supplements as our minerals are so depleted in magnesium etc. It’s a major factor that effects health as well.

Health plays a huge role in how we respond. For instance, and this is only an example, Hormones or lack there of, play a major role in the integrity of our skin and it's response to stimulus and healing. So often people find if they are low on estrogen and progesterone, then as a result their skin will be thinner.

I never tell people expect this or that in X period of time. We are all different and respond at our own pace. Progress is the key, you'll get there, it doesn't matter if Jo is 10 yards ahead of you and putting out less effort, if you keep walking, you'll get to the finish line~ but at YOUR Personal PACE/level!

When it comes to exercising incorrectly, there really is no such thing. Any exercise is better than none. Your results will tell you if your doing something incorrectly or not. Should you persist – that’s your call. I do know many people reach stages where they think they are not doing anything right, but seem to be able to work through it. Depends on what your goals and motivations are.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:44 am      Reply with quote
Hi Seanyseanuk, thanks for your detailed response. I don't have any severe sun damage skin. My skin is pretty good, but I noticed under my right eye where I used to rub it a lot when it was itching me got some faint lines, and the skin there seems thin to me. I read that FE could help to thicken the skin, so I got the tape. I don't have the book, but I will try to massage out the lines after the exercises. I love the eye exercises. I could really see immediate results there. The cheek pulling exercise where you have to grab your cheek muscles from inside your mouth is the hardest for me since it's so slippery. I also feel like I might not have grabbed on to the right muscles, so when I do this one, I just keep my fingers crossed that I did it right. lol
Blaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the great information. I have the Facercise book and have been doing okay with that. However, I wanted to get a video. After reading this thread, I'm leaning more towards getting the Flex Effect now. Thanks.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
... I could really see immediate results there. The cheek pulling exercise where you have to grab your cheek muscles from inside your mouth is the hardest for me since it's so slippery...

You can try to use a cloth or soft towel for such advanced exercises, so that it is no longer slippery. And for eye exercises you can apply some oil like rosehip or camellia prior to touching eyelids with your hands.
Blaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
Mpstat, when you said flexeffect is more strenuous than facercise, can you please rate them for me so I can get a perspective. If 0=no effort, and 10=very strenuous, how would facercise and flexeffect each rate? Would really like to know. Thanks!
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Blaze wrote:
Mpstat, when you said flexeffect is more strenuous than facercise, can you please rate them for me so I can get a perspective. If 0=no effort, and 10=very strenuous, how would facercise and flexeffect each rate? Would really like to know. Thanks!

Hi Blaze Smile - this is purely my perception. If there are other views please chime in:
Facercise = 2
FlexEffect = 8

As far as I know FE is the most serious program, but I left two extra points for safety in case if you want to do FE really hard. Please note there is nothing to be scared of in FE, it is great!
Blaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, mpstat! REALLY?! Thanks for the feedback, though. I guess I'll have to think more if I have the time and energy to devote to FE.
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:43 am      Reply with quote
Blaze there are 101 exercise programs out there and although FE is not suitable for everyone, its goals and aims of building muscle strength and bulk and doing it in a concise and systematic way are impressive. However, I know people are often put off by the ½ hour a day timescale, but I think you really do get what you put into any program energy wise.

Sure Facercise might be a 15 minute a day, but there are only 15 exercises in it. FE has 40 in the book, and there are always modifications because we are constantly updating our knowledge and techniques on it. Plus FE has the forum for support where you can learn a wealth of information. It is one of the most aggressive programs though, in the sense that you really do work your muscles heavily and aggressively and the massage does really freak people out because we go against so many old wives tales but the proof really is in the pudding. I know many people like the energy parts of Facercise and that’s great. I’m just not a very energy minded person when it comes to visualising etc with energy but some friends swear by it and I think it’s a good option to have at least for reference.

Bkkgrl remember also that sun damage does take a while to come through. So what often happens is that when people hit the 30/40 year young mark, the sun damage from their teens has started appearing on the outer layer of their skin. This is because sun damage literally goes right through the skin which is one of the reasons why it is so important to wear a sun screen. Having said that though, vitamin D is important but not so much as to sacrifice your skin. I love all the exercises and do at times love the eye ones as well. They are all really effective and the system really enables you to learn an appreciation for your face unlike any other that I have seen. The cheek pulling exercise is a tough one, but its one of the advanced ones so it takes time to learn. The forum there is a great source of information though so if your struggling with any exercise, you should post there as there are bound to be people who have overcome that challenge and can advise you.

Some people use cotton gloves, but these can irritate the inside lining of your mouth but its worth experimenting with!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |