Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Is there a eyelid exfoliating product?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
My eyelids need something to smooth them and take away the tiny lines that really show up with eyeshadows. Is there such a product? Can I use regular face exfoliating products on them? CP's even? Help!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:58 am      Reply with quote
I would be very careful about exfoliating or applying any actives on the eyelids. The skin there is already thin enough, I would think.

Are you using your regular eye cream on your lids as well? That might help to moisturize and "plump" the skin.
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi Bugaboo:

I use skinbiology's Exfol cream under my eyes and on the lids every night. I apply Exfol, wait 30 minutes then apply my eye cream. Exfol is a very gentle mild exfoliator. This does the job for me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:42 am      Reply with quote
I got a sample of an 8% glycolic eye cream from platinumskincare. I think it is an exfol type cream for the eyelids. I like it.
Lola Moroney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:22 am      Reply with quote
I would go easy on that area as the skin is inclined to get very thin as one gets older and shows up little purpley veins. Its a really delicate and would only use eye products and no acids
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
I would think that exercising the eye muscle would give a much better result than exfoliating. I use cp on my lids without any problems.
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:39 am      Reply with quote
I applied Obagi on my eyelids too and I think it builds up the collagen.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:50 am      Reply with quote
I just noticed that Eminence has a product just for the eyes and it is an exfoliating product. I think that I will try it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:08 am      Reply with quote
you had better find a mild product,an organic line's product is the best i think Cool
Hannah-Louise
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:43 am      Reply with quote
chorally wrote:

I second that!
anomaly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
chorally wrote:

retin a?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
obagi eye c serum?
chorally wrote:
sgresnic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:17 am      Reply with quote
i'd be really nervous to apply something that exfoliates to the eyes.... what about just using a primer to fill the lines? I'd just be really scared about any long-term use of an exfoliant.
sab
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:33 am      Reply with quote
is there such a thing? i'm just wondering. but it's a bit scary n risky to exfoliate the skin around eye area. Embarassed not sure if microdermabration done by beautician works or not.. ?
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:56 am      Reply with quote
I have used Jan Marini Age Intervention Eye Cream with a Peptide/Retinal combination under the impression that it would exfoliate my eye area and remove the milia - but it did not work for me. Great Topic.
higig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:43 am      Reply with quote
Avalon vit c eye cream 's natural product.It may help.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:20 am      Reply with quote
I support Cadia on eye exercises.

Cellbone has Eye Peel eye rejuvenation serum
Antioxidant and Skin Rejuvenation Treatment with 3% Glycolic Acid, 7% L-Ascorbic Acid, Idebenone: http://cellbone.com/Eyepeel.htm

I myself use Retin-A on eyelids.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Why not try the ORLANE B21 Extreme Eye Contour Cream, I've tried it and got hook. This is the sample EDS sent me and they are great eye cream product! I bought the full size and even gave one to my eldest sister, she loved it! This eye cream will improve the eye area DEFINITELY!

I won't recommend an exfoliating products.....

bugaboo wrote:
My eyelids need something to smooth them and take away the tiny lines that really show up with eyeshadows. Is there such a product? Can I use regular face exfoliating products on them? CP's even? Help!
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:46 am      Reply with quote
stovetop wrote:
I have used Jan Marini Age Intervention Eye Cream with a Peptide/Retinal combination under the impression that it would exfoliate my eye area and remove the milia - but it did not work for me. Great Topic.

I used this product too, was really disappointed in it. I just ended up throwing it out. Too greasy.

Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
I couldn't bring myself to exfoliate the eye area - waay to delicate for me to contemplate.Maybe if I had milia though I might have a different view.
irka
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:08 am      Reply with quote
Hahaha-I asked that question at a store yesterday and the girl that worked there looked at me as though I was insane Embarassed
I have to figure out something so that I don't get any more milia.Juice Organics eye cream gave me three small bumps on my eyelids that are annoying me.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
I started using Eminence nasoberry eye exfoliant which uses natural fruit enzymes to exfoliate. I just pat it around the eye area and leave it on for 5 minutes then wash off. So far I like it, it doesn't sting or leave my eyes red, just nice and smooth.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
bugaboo wrote:
Well theres Elizabeth Grant's Eyelid Restore which is very good, but even THAT won't totally eradicate fine lines. Actually theres NOTHING that could take fine lines away. NOTHING. Just use an emollient moisturizer around the eye area something with glycerin or shea butter or fatty type ingredients. Theres not much else you can do.
Esme
5% products discount

Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:23 am      Reply with quote
Obagi works, although it takes a little time to get used to, take it easy and use v.sparingly at first
yomama606
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:04 am      Reply with quote
Do you guys recommend using Obagi (Retin A and Blender) to get rid of milia under eyes or just the Retin A?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |