Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Of the original gang to try hyaluronic acid for lips, who's
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Andrea38
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
Of the original gang of members who tried the hyaluronic acid for fuller lips, how many are still taking it? I saw one member awhile back who stopped taking it due to hhealth concerns-
I really really wanna take it, but don't want to be careless with my health! Rolling Eyes

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:03 am      Reply with quote
And of the group taking HA supplements, how do you think these capsules have affected your skin (wrinkles, skin tone...)? I don't really need fuller lips, but am wondering if HA supplements might be better than applying a topical HA serum?

One last question - do you know if sunlight, temperature, or time affects the potency of HA serum (and any other serums) - and/or HA capsules?

Thanks for any info -
angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hyaluronic Acid is used for fuller lips? Applied topically or taken in supplement form? This sounds really interesting! Do you have a link to the original thread where this was discussed?
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
angelwings1226 wrote:
Hyaluronic Acid is used for fuller lips? Applied topically or taken in supplement form? This sounds really interesting! Do you have a link to the original thread where this was discussed?

angelwings here is the thread http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=3625
angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
angelwings1226 wrote:

angelwings here is the thread http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=3625

Thank you! Its a huge thread so I will have to read it little by little! Have you taken the HA supplements and noticed results like Carrie?
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
angelwings - I have been taking HA supplements as a result of reading the thread. I have not noticed dramatic results, but I believe there are some results. I realized several days ago that I have been taking only 50 mg HA per day, and it seems that required amount is at least 100 mg. On the HA bottle label it is stated 100 mg HA per serving, and I did not notice that the serving size is 2 capsules….. so... I was taking one capsule mistakenly thinking that I was taking the right amount. I just now adjusted the intake amount to 100 mg: 50 mg in the morning and 50 mg in the afternoon, and will see what happens.
angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
angelwings - I have been taking HA supplements as a result of reading the thread. I have not noticed dramatic results, but I believe there are some results. I realized several days ago that I have been taking only 50 mg HA per day, and it seems that required amount is at least 100 mg. On the HA bottle label it is stated 100 mg HA per serving, and I did not notice that the serving size is 2 capsules….. so... I was taking one capsule mistakenly thinking that I was taking the right amount. I just now adjusted the intake amount to 100 mg: 50 mg in the morning and 50 mg in the afternoon, and will see what happens.

Well keep us updated if you can!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
When I took HA capsules I noticed a difference in my lip volume. I can't remember how long I used it but at some point I just could not be bothered any longer. For over a year I have been using Fusion Beauty LipFusion Collagen Lip Plump. This product works well for me in the temporary plumping department plus they have some natural colors.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
When I took HA capsules I noticed a difference in my lip volume. I can't remember how long I used it but at some point I just could not be bothered any longer. For over a year I have been using Fusion Beauty LipFusion Collagen Lip Plump. This product works well for me in the temporary plumping department plus they have some natural colors.

I understand what you mean by not be being bothered any longer. I take other supplements and having to remember what to take and how much can be a pain sometimes. But I think in the long run it can be worth it.

So the lip plumping you experienced from the HA supplements was permanent? Or lasted only while you were taking the capsules? I would like to take it to plump up my lips a bit, but if one day I decide too that I no longer want to be bothered, I would like if the results sticked! Smile
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
I guess I was in the original batch of women Anxious

I still take HA (currently via Hydraplenish from Vitacost.com), but not regularly every single day. I just take it for special occasions when I have an event or a reason to want a little boost. I notice the lip-plumping effect starts about two hours after taking the supplement and the effect lasts for the rest of the day.

I found that when I did take it regularly/daily it messed up my ...um... digestion. But when I just take it once in a while, I'm fine.

P.S., It's important to drink a lot of water while taking HA.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
i try to take ha supplements for skincare purpose
and it make my stomach aching
i have no idea what's wrong with it.
Crying or Very sad
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:47 am      Reply with quote
I'm like Winnie and I also have just forgotten when I reordered my supplements. Embarassed

Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |