Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Question about milia
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mermaid7000
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
For those of you who have had milia on your upper eyelid I have a question. I've had this little thing on my upper eyelid - more toward the nose that looks like a whitehead. It has been there for two years and hasn't changed size or anything. I have had a full body exam at the dermatologist, but when I was there I of course forgot to have her look at that little thing. I had also been to the opthamologist (for another problem and yearly eye exam) and yet again forgot to ask about this thing. But I'm assuming if it were anything to be concerned about he would have mentioned it? Since it would have been right in his view when examining my eyes. I've read alot about milia recently and read they can sometimes last a long time and may need to get sugically removed.

So my question is, could this thing be a milia if it has been there for 2 years? It doesn't feel hard and isn't protruding high above the skin. I don't want to try to poke it with anything sharp, but wondering if using my retin A on it for a while might help to dislodge it (if it is a milia). Does anyone know if this is a good solution or has anyone had one for a long time?
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
That sounds very much like a milia problem to me -- I've had similar things around my eyes, and they're just white bumps that never go away. Very frustrating, but what you described is exactly like milia, I think.

(But don't you HATE it when you forget to ask them ONE thing in an appointment!? I've started keeping a Google document of all the little things I mean to mention when I go to any sort of doctor, so I can remind myself or just print it and take it with me, because that's happened to me SO often!)

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
It could be syringoma, I have some of these and I hate them especially the ones on my lower lids. They are enlarged sweat glands. You would need it confirmed by a derm to be sure though. Milia is much more common and so that is likely to by your problem which is better as at least you can have them removed at the salon.
Using a little retin a might help. I use retin a on my under eye area and it doesn't cause me any problems I would just make sure you use a lesser strength though.

Good luck!
mermaid7000
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:32 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
(But don't you HATE it when you forget to ask them ONE thing in an appointment!? I've started keeping a Google document of all the little things I mean to mention when I go to any sort of doctor, so I can remind myself or just print it and take it with me, because that's happened to me SO often!)

Yes it's so annoying! But the time when I went in there for the exam, I was more worried that this one lesion on my cheek was a basal cell because my general doctor told me it looked like one. Well it turned out it was an acne cyst. Plus she probably would have seen the little white thing on my eyes (because she examined my face for acne) but I wear this eyeshadow that's white as well so it blends in with it.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |