Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Which is a better AlphaDerma or Skin Medica TNS RecoveryComp
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
galshiba
5% products discount

Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, I just recently registered and I think this forum is
just terrific.
I was wondering from reading your advice, as well as doing my own research what do you think is more effective in terms of preventing and reducing aging and wrinkling of the skin. Alpha Derma CE or TNS Recovery Complex. They both sound really great. Smile
Mabsy

Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:11 am      Reply with quote
Hi Galshiba,

I haven't used the TNS Recovery so I can't compare it to the ADCE but I just wanted to say hi and welcome to the forum Very Happy

Mabsy
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
Like Mabsy, I've not used the TNS, but unfortunately, I have to give the AlphaDerma a slight "thumbs down", at least for me. Sad

When I first received my sample and used it, I got little red bumps on my face. You can hardly see them, except on my forehead and they're kinda prominent there. The way I noticed that I had them on cheeks too was looking at myself in the mirror in the car in bright sunlight.

I wanted to give the ADCE the benefit of the doubt, so I stopped using it and returned to the Argireline serum I was using. The red bumps went away.

Again, to give ADCE the benefit of every doubt, I tried it again a couple of days ago and the red bumps popped out immediately again on my forehead. Confused I am stopping before I get them on the cheeks again too and sticking with my serum that has the 10% Argireline and doesn't make my face break out.

I know that some love the ADCE and it works great for them, but just shows how UNIQUE we all are. Wink
JUDY

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:39 am      Reply with quote
Hi Galshiba,
I've used both and liked them for different reasons. The TNS is great for overall clarity. It helps with hyperpigmentation and dull skin. The AlphaDerma worked mainly for my forehead lines, the "11" between my eyebrows and crows feet. I do occasionally get bumps from it, but it's the first product that I've seen a difference in the forehead lines.

The TNS has gotten a bit expensive for me, so I've been experimenting with other lines as well.

Hope this helps.
Ian S.
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
Judy, I am sorry to hear about the AlphaDerma breaking you out. I have to say out of the 50,000 units I have sold you are the 1st to have a problem with it. We have never received complaints or returns yet. As a matter a fact the AlphaDerma with the way it is formulated actually can also clear up breakouts. Sometimes people can be allergic to a single ingredient and have an allergic reaction to it. Other than that the AlphaDerma has been used in the backbar of over 2,000 salons all over the US by professional aestheticians on all skin types to perfect the formula before we brought it to the mass market. We especially tested it on sensitive skin to make sure it was good for all skin types. Never once having any problems. We have been manufacturing skin care products for over 30 years for some of the biggest names in skin care. We don't just make products under our name and I can't mention who but one of the skin care companies that is mentioned on this forum we manufacture the item for. I hope we can find a product of ours that you can enjoy, if you would please try and contact me I would be glad to give you one of the more than 300 skin care products we manufacture that will please you. Contact me by our ian@janson-beckett.com and I will find something for you that will work guaranteed.

JudyMarshall wrote:
Like Mabsy, I've not used the TNS, but unfortunately, I have to give the AlphaDerma a slight "thumbs down", at least for me. Sad

When I first received my sample and used it, I got little red bumps on my face. You can hardly see them, except on my forehead and they're kinda prominent there. The way I noticed that I had them on cheeks too was looking at myself in the mirror in the car in bright sunlight.

I wanted to give the ADCE the benefit of the doubt, so I stopped using it and returned to the Argireline serum I was using. The red bumps went away.

Again, to give ADCE the benefit of every doubt, I tried it again a couple of days ago and the red bumps popped out immediately again on my forehead. Confused I am stopping before I get them on the cheeks again too and sticking with my serum that has the 10% Argireline and doesn't make my face break out.

I know that some love the ADCE and it works great for them, but just shows how UNIQUE we all are. Wink
JUDY

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
Ian S. wrote:
I hope we can find a product of ours that you can enjoy, if you would please try and contact me I would be glad to give you one of the more than 300 skin care products we manufacture that will please you. Contact me by our ian@janson-beckett.com and I will find something for you that will work guaranteed.

Ian, thank you so much; that's so kind of you. I do realize that anyone can have a reaction to any particular ingredient and that sometimes the reaction can be with another product that the person is using. I did have one or two other people here mention that they had experienced a slight breakout too and all seemed to be on the forehead, which for most of us is the most oily part of our face and where we might even have interaction from haircare from our bangs... you name it.

I don't ever feel that because just a few people have a problem that it questions the quality of the product at all, but of course, we've seen very few products that were right for every single person who tried it. There are so many variables to be considered.

Again, thank you so much for the link and I'll definitely check it out!
JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
The mystery of the other products JB has is killing me. Are you ever going to let us know Ian? PLEASE
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
You can see their other products at janson-beckett.com Smile

JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Judy! I know of all the products on that website. I am talking about the 300 other product they carry. Perhaps its better if I don't know lol. I adore the AD, Okusil and Prep. I might go broke if I start looking at more.
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
Thanks Judy! I know of all the products on that website. I am talking about the 300 other product they carry. Perhaps its better if I don't know lol. I adore the AD, Okusil and Prep. I might go broke if I start looking at more.

Oops! Embarassed Sorry Winnie. I just zapped that message off after doing what I call "hit and run" websurfing. I looked at the page, saw a few products and figured it had all their products. It was late and I was probably half asleep. Laughing

The Okusil really looks good. What results have you seen from it?

JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Judy,

Regarding your question re: Okusil. My hooded upper eye area is noticable firmer. That area was quite dark and now it is lighter. I put it over the AD. I have a family trait of bags. Unfortunately, they have become fat deposits Sad I have noticed they are firmer. Maybe if I catch it now they won't sink down to my lips Shock
jenny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Winnie
I saw your before and after pictures on the JB website. Congratulations!!! - there are definitely visible difference to your skin tone and the depth of the nasal-labial lines. I am into my 4th day of Alphaderma CE. So far so good! I hope that I, too, can get visible difference like you.

Yup, I too wonder what 300 over products Ian was talking about...

Cheers
Jenny
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:17 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Jenny!

One thing I would suggest in the beginning of AD usage: EXFOLIATE. I found that out after 1 week of using AD. After I exfoliated my skin I saw marked results. I have very thin, sensitive skin so I plan to exfoliate once a month.
jenny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:37 am      Reply with quote
Hi Winnie
Thanks for the tip re exfoliation. I think I will use Clarins Doux Peel or Kose Black Mask tomorrow!!

Anyway, I actually like your skin tone - it may be thin but I think it looks refine and smooth - mine's a lot thicker and uneven.

Jenny
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:11 am      Reply with quote
Winnie... Earlier, when you talked about having bags, I assummed you meant under the eye, not above.

Does anyone know of a product that helps the under eye area. I wouldn't say I have puffiness or bags. It just seems that the delicate skin below the eye has lost firmness and there is like a wrinkled "half moon" shaped area that almost sinks in slightly.

Maybe the collagen matrix has lessened with age?

I have seen wonders to my face with my argireline serum, but that one area still challenges me.

Open to suggestions Smile

JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:51 am      Reply with quote
Hi Judy,

I have a family trait of bags under my eyes. I have hated this since I have been very young. As I got older the hooded area above my eye got worse. Never realized how bad it was until I started taking photos.

Truly, I have found the Okusil to firm both under and above my eyes. I think the skintone is dramatic. I know Okusil claimed to help dark circles. I don't have dark circles but the pigment above my eye got darker with age.

Funny I should read this. I just got through emailing Ian. I took a picture today. I have been tracking my result since early July. It looks like I had a brow lift. If I did not take the photos I would have not realized the hugh difference.So, anyone starting an anitiaging product. Take Photos!

I would love to show you girls the four different photos but I don't have a website and I don't want my email address listed.

I know there are a lot of great products out there. Just so happened that this products works very well for me just like you ES works so well for you and many others.

By the way thanks for the info on the lash tint. Right now they are having a special 2 for 19.95. I ordered them. Can't wait to try as I hate mascara as it usually ends up below the eye.
Gaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Winnie,

You are a very brave person to post your pictures. My hat is off to you and you look great!
What product do you recommend to exfoliate. Someone told me I needed to exfoliate or else the products wouldn't even be able to penetrate to do their work. That is why I asked about AHA's on another thread but didn't get much response. Is a twice a week exfoliating treatment enough or does one need to use some type of exfoliating product daily. Thanks!
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:58 am      Reply with quote
Winnie, you're so right. I'm amazed at how many wonderful products are available to us today. It's like we can choose from a smorgasboard of different approaches to improve our skin. You are also correct that one will appeal to some people, while another will be perfect for someone else; I think that's because we are each such unique creations. Wink

I was glad to see your remark about exfoliation improving the benefit. The product I use has an exfoliating masque and a daily use serum that contains Argireline, hyaluronic acid, aloe, plus other ingredients. I had always said that useing the masque and serum together seemed to produce so much greater benefit for me and that the masque was a key element. So you and I are arriving at the same conclusion from different paths.

I also noticed when I was browsing the Janston-Beckett site that they recommend using a mineral product along with ADCE. I decided I must know something, because a few days before I saw that, I had chosen to put a liquid mineral preparation on before applying the masque. One of the traits of the masque is a pulsating feeling in the muscles of the face as the mask drys to a firm surface. The use of the mineral product greatly enhanced that pulsating feeling! Shock I was thrilled to see confirmation of that idea on their site. Who knew?

I also greatly appreciate all the discussion and open sharing of information that we do in this forum. By having all these separate discussions and all these different points of view, we learn many times over. I it!

JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi Gaby,

I am using Epidermx

They told me I should use it once a week because I have thin, mature, sensitive skin. However, I asked Ian seeing I am using his product. He recommended that I exfoliate once a month so AD could do its job on my skin cells.

I think it all depends on your age, and skin type and the problems you are working on.

Thank you very much for your compliments. I told my family and friends about AD before I sent Ian the pictures. Hopefully they won't go back to the site. Kind of embarassed. You girls don't know me so I don't mind Smile
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a firm believer in using masques throughout your life. If you think about it, masques were a part of the beauty routine as far back as Cleopatra. It's just that in today's hectic, busy life, we have gone more for the quick fix. I think in doing that, we've sacrificed a very valuable skincare tool. Confused

I masque 3 times a week. I love the way it makes my skin feel and look so much, I wish I could masque even more often, but time just won't permit that luxury. Also, I'm not sure that masqueing more than 3 times a week would greatly enhance the benefit. And, of course, the number of times you masque would also depend on the sensitivity of your skin as Winnie points out. Masqueing can bring imperfections to the surface to be resolved, so you could overwork the skin and make things worse. Sad

My skin is combination, with oiliness in the T-zone. The masque helps reduce the excessive oil and makes the skin feel very soft, refines the pores, reduces puffiness and generally firms and tones the skin. Very Happy

My skin isn't considered sensitive at all.

I also think that the masque is very healing. I've gotten to the age where I have these stubborn little hairs popping out that I have to tweeze. I'm afraid I've gotten a little obsessive with them and I sometimes irritate the skin in certain areas around the chin and at one corner of my mouth. It will bleed a little and form a little scab. The masque seems to soothe those places and they are much less visible after use of the masque.

As for the stubborn hairs, I'm planning to have laser on those so I'll quit fooling with them and messing up my face! Rolling Eyes

JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
Quote: Funny I should read this. I just got through emailing Ian. I took a picture today. I have been tracking my result since early July. It looks like I had a brow lift. If I did not take the photos I would have not realized the hugh difference. So, anyone starting an anitiaging product take Photos! I would love to show you girls the four different photos but I don't have a website and I don't want my email address posted on forum.
The pictures I told you I emailed Ian he did post. Note the difference. Dates are on them. The last one taken today. Take pictures ladies.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |