Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Clarisonic....any regrets?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
jenw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
I'm seriously considering buying a Clarisonic but the only thing holding me back is the price. If it is genuinly worth it than I wouldn't have a second thought about buying it considering how much I spend on products that I use for only a week or two and then abandon!! I was just wondering if anyone has purchased a Clarisonic but then regretted it?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
jenw wrote:
I'm seriously considering buying a Clarisonic but the only thing holding me back is the price. If it is genuinly worth it than I wouldn't have a second thought about buying it considering how much I spend on products that I use for only a week or two and then abandon!! I was just wondering if anyone has purchased a Clarisonic but then regretted it?

I have been using the Clarisonic since the first of December. To date the Clarisonic is the best purchase I have made in the "tool" department. Everyone knows how I love my Quasar SP. The Clarisonic is not just for me. My husband is using his own brush and loves it. My children are grown but for families with teenages I would recommend it for the whole family. My skin has a healthy glow that I have not seen in a long time. Over the months I think the Clarisonic will save me money in buying manual exfoliants and products to clear the pores on my chin. It is awesome!!!

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Mom2Busy2Boys
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
I too have been using the Clarisonic for about a month to one month and a half and I love love love it. My skin for sure absolutely feels softer, the texture has changed. I no longer get the flakes... since I Have reactive/sensitive skin, I only use it once a day at night for less than 1 minute even. My skin is FOREVER changed!!! I no longer will be getting any manual scrubs / exfoiliate for my face.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Soooo not worth the money for me. I get better results from a warm, damp washcloth.

5% products discount

Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:52 am      Reply with quote
What about the Dove® SkinVitalizer?
http://www.dove.us/your_face/skin_vitalizer.asp

It was featured on Rachael Ray as an alternative to a more expensive facial device (I can't remember what - I think it had European roots). Anyway...I would like to try the Dove thing first, but unfortunately it's not available in Canada (along with many other things, but that's a whole new post)
toblerone
5% products discount

Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:03 am      Reply with quote
toblerone wrote:
What about the Dove® SkinVitalizer?
http://www.dove.us/your_face/skin_vitalizer.asp

It was featured on Rachael Ray as an alternative to a more expensive facial device (I can't remember what - I think it had European roots). Anyway...I would like to try the Dove thing first, but unfortunately it's not available in Canada (along with many other things, but that's a whole new post)

It was the Tuo Visa
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:

To date the Clarisonic is the best purchase I have made in the "tool" department.

I totally agree with Winnie, I dont know how I lived without it!
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:40 am      Reply with quote
I have one HUGE regret in regards to the Clarisonic:
I absolutely regret that I didn't buy it years ago. I always passed it up because of the price (I finally caved after being told by Vonstella that I had to have one--- goodness knows I can't say no to anything that girl says, lol!), but now that I own one I think it's worth DOUBLE the price. Heck, I think it's worth its weight in gold!! (Man, I sure hope the makers of Clarisonic aren't reading this, it might give them ideas...) I love this thing so much, I've even been considering splurging on the toothbrush made my the same company. All I can say is, thank you Vonstella for such a great rec!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:49 am      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
I absolutely regret that I didn't buy it years ago. I always passed it up because of the price (I finally caved after being told by Vonstella that I had to have one--- goodness knows I can't say no to anything that girl says, lol!), but now that I own one I think it's worth DOUBLE the price. Heck, I think it's worth its weight in gold!! (Man, I sure hope the makers of Clarisonic aren't reading this, it might give them ideas...) I love this thing so much, I've even been considering splurging on the toothbrush made my the same company. All I can say is, thank you Vonstella for such a great rec!

No problem! Im looking in to getting the toothbrush so I will let you know! I love being an enabler! MUUUHAHAAAAA! Laughing
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:59 am      Reply with quote
I've read a few disappointed posts in different topics, but my guess is that it will be more in a little while...

There are many less expensive alternatives and probably lots more to come soon.

If you want to start with a cheap substitute to see if you like it, www.skinrxclinic.com sells a 4 piece set for $21.
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
Over the months I think the Clarisonic will save me money in buying manual exfoliants and products to clear the pores on my chin. It is awesome!!!

I agree. I just got a new one through the recall, and I was thinking about selling it because I love Epidermx, but I go through it too fast. I think when I run out, I'm going to stick to the Clarisonic.
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
I have been doing lot's of research into the clarisonic as I really want one and feel confident now about spending the money. I already have a microdermabration kit similar to the Skin RX clinic one mentioned and I think it is quite a diffrent thing from the Clarisonic. From what I can gather the Clarisonic uses sonic sound waves help cleanse the skin as the sonic power actually helps to draw out debris from the skin, I have used a sonic tooth brush for over a year now and so I do have a lot of faith in this sort of technology. The sound waves also massage the skin and the bristles just work to sweep the dis-logged debris away rather than scrubbing the skin and so aren't exfoliating in the traditional sense of the word although I imagine that this does happen with regular use. I have a real problem with congested pores on my T-Zone and I don't find exfoliation either with a home kit, epidermex or even at the salon to be a very effective method of dealing with this and I hope that the Clarisonic would do this job better which I think it will do. I think I would still continue to exfoliate with Epidermex II a few times a week once I get a clarisonic.
Mom2Busy2Boys
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
I have the toothbrush made by the makers of the Clarisonic. I bought this toothbrush at Costco a few years ago and my DH and I LOVE it!!! And with the great reviews of the Clarisonic, as cheap as I am, I knew I had to get the Clarisonic! And like the previous posts says, I would pay double the actual price for it! Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
Liz...the toothbrush is awesome!!! I treated myself to one this past Christmas with some gift cards I had and it feels like I've left the dentist each time I brush! Plus it has a built in timer, so both sets of teeth (back and front) get a proper 30 sec brushing.

OK...I'm a slacker and haven't really been using my Clarisonic face machine, but after listening to all of you I must make this a priority at least once a day because my skin looks bleck! LOL

Winnie...I had read before that you use it on your decollete. What results have you had in this area?

manslayerliz wrote:

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
I got one for Christmas, and so far I'm really impressed. I'd been using the PSF microfiber cloths, but the Clarisonic beats them hands down. I'm still going to use them when I travel, though. As much as I like the Clarisonic, I can't see traveling with it.
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
I highly recommend it, I use it daily. Very Happy
amami aya
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
i have no regrets, other than wishing i'd gotten one earlier. my sister wants one too now from just using mine for 2 days when she came to visit Very Happy
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:52 am      Reply with quote
I love mine. I know some people say they can get "as clean" with a cloth but check out the fluorescent makeup method before and after photos at: http://www.clarisonic.com/professional/beforeafter.php

I also like the feel of the Clarisonic. It feels like a mini-spa treatment to me - relaxing.

I've had the Sonicare toothbrush for even longer and love it too Wouldn't give it up. Get compliments from dentists when I go in for checkups and I tell them I use the Sonicare.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:18 am      Reply with quote
Can we get this tool in Canada?? I want one.
LilLoco
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:41 am      Reply with quote
For me, it didn't work so well. I did feel like my face was more clean after using it, but my face also started to develop more of an "orange peel" texture to it after awhile. I stopped for a few weeks (face got better) and then tried it again for 2-3 weeks (face got worse). I haven't used it for the last month or two, and again face texture is better.

Perhaps it is better for oilier skin. My skin tends to be quite dry (and I am over 40).
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
LilLoco,

Which Clarisonic brush type were you using? Just wondering if this could be the issue. I use the sensitive v. the regular. And, they've since come out with a delicate attachment.

5% products discount

Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
Clarisonic has changed my life!!! I use it every day (and have for the past 8 months) and I don't think I can go without! I started with the sonicare toothbrush many moons ago, and when I first heard of it I was a skeptic. After using it for a week I was hooked! My skin has cleared up, it is so soft in texture, my products seem to work better, and my pore appearance has dramatically reduced! I suggest this brush to EVERYONE, in fact I gave them as wedding gifts to a few bridesmaids!

CLarisonic = THE BEST!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I forgot to add cause I know I have posted this info in another Clarisonic thread. Products seem to absorb better after using the Clarisonic. Good thing for actives!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
dleonard,

you can get it here at Essential Day Spa (Which is where I got mine!!!) But locally, Holt Renfew sells it within Canada.

5% products discount

Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
If you do any sort of peels or use any acidic products on your face, the Clarisonic is a must-have. It really gets rid of the shedding/peeling skin without a lot of rubbing or irritation. I also seem to get quicker results from my peels because the new skin is revealed quicker and without having to wait for it to shed off on it's own and witout the somewhat unsightly look you get while it's happening. I highly recommend my Clarisonic.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:35 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |