Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

jane iredale pressed mineral powder base
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
irka
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
I've had this for a while now but only now got the time to do a review.
I threw out the little puff it comes with(it absorbs more powder than it puts on) and use my big blush brush.It goes on superbly and evens my skin tone very nicely.The only thing is that I some times put this under my eyes(as a dark circles remedy) and it's not very good for that-you can tell something is a bit off.But you can't really blame it for something it is not really suppose to do Very Happy
I have acne-prone oily skin but this works nicely,although I do have o give my skin a little bit of rest as I noticed that if I use this too often for too long my skin will clog up a bit.Easily corrected with cleansing my face right away once I get home.
Slinkylynx
5% products discount

Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:20 am      Reply with quote
Hi Irka,

I got onto Jane Iredale pressed powder base because of acne, and wanting something more inert for my pore old skin (bad pun, bad Laughing )

I've only tried one other mineral makeup, and must say that I find the Jane Iredale leagues ahead. It's finer, and so doesn't clump, and it doesn't move around or wipe off easily (hardly at all, actually). I use a big brush to put it on too, the only issue being that it's a bit hard to get the last remnants out of the case.

When using it for light cover, especially over sunscreen, it looks great - more even, matte skin without looking like makeup at all.

When using it for heavier coverage (breakouts!) I find that I do have to 'spritz' over the top to make sure it doesn't look powdery or cakey - but that said, it does do better than any other makeup I have tried. I've ordered a Jane Iredale concealer to try in the case of needing serious coverage Cool I like it. Recommended.
Hannah-Louise
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:40 am      Reply with quote
I've been using this for quite a while now and I adore it, especially the colour shadings, I have olive skin which can look really orange with many foundations but this one is just perfect!
smp180900

Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
I've also used the pressed powder for quite sometime and love it. I used to work at a spa that carried the Jane Iredale line and the rep's would come in to educate the staff about the products. One thing they told us about the pressed powder and I've found is very true, is that it also provides a very good SPF protection. It's really a great product.
irka
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
Powders used to turn orangy on me as well(I think it's because my skin is oh so oily Embarassed) but this one stays true to its color no matter what.
Slinkylynx,what do you "spritz" it over with? Rolling Eyes
Once I am done with this one I am thinking of trying the loose one-out of curiosity, to see if there is any difference what so ever)))
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:04 am      Reply with quote
i just have had a try on its loose powder base.
the no is cool sand,
and it makes my face pale and proclain.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
I tired this out a while back and didn't like it too much. The shade I used was riviera, and it made my skin look dull. I thought that I had the wrong shade and then went back and tried other shades, but they all made my skin look very dull, like it took away the glow from my skin.
I'm glad others like it though
Urbnengineer
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Jane Iredale pressed powder base in Warm Silk for the past 3 months and I've noticed fewer breakouts and a greater overall skintone. Most of my breakouts were more hormonal than skincare related, so it's the only product I've ever used that helped to seemingly prevent breakouts.Very Happy The best part of MMU for me has been that if I get home late and don't wash my face before bed, I wake up with great skin anyway! Also, the JI doesn't budge all day, even if my eyes water (sometimes my contacts drive me crazy after staring at a computer all day!) or if I touch my face to my cell phone. I've tried PurMinerals and it seems to rub off easily. I just ordered a trial set of Everyday Minerals, but I doubt it could come close to the waterproof/SPF qualities of JI. I also like how long the pressed base lasts (3+months!). I know it's a little pricey compared to other MMU, but I do think it lasts long enough to justify the higher price. If you bought some other brand for say $25 and it lasts 1-2 months, then you end up paying more on a daily/yearly basis than with JI.
Slinkylynx
5% products discount

Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi Irka,

Sorry I am so slow Very Happy I use Ultraceuticals Ultra Green Tea Spritzer, which I like to use anyway as a light, refreshing moisturiser for oily-ish skin.
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:13 am      Reply with quote
I also agree that the JI PurePressed base is awesome. I've found that I get the best results using the JI Handi brush. It's important to apply to a freshly moisturized face (makes the difference between a nice glow or a dull finish). It seems that any hydrosol or mister/spritzer sets it well afterward. Some of my current favorites are JI D2O mister, Biolements Power Peptide mister, and my homemade concoction:

1/3 green, chamomile, and rooibus tea brew; 1/3 filtered water; 1/3 lavender and helichrysum hydrosol; a drop or two of honey.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:58 am      Reply with quote
I use JI in Warm Sienna, this shade has helped with redness due to its yellow undertones. I am quite pale so this give a nice helathy look aswell

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:19 am      Reply with quote
ok Y-PGA is poly glutamic acid

they used hyaluronic acid and soluble collagen, each one was in the same base at the same concentration.
System
Automatic Message
Mon May 13, 2024 3:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Tighten & Lift Peptight™ 360˚ Tightening Eye Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) HydroPeptide Anti-Wrinkle Power Luxe (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |