Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

It's funny how over critical of ourselves we can be
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
toblerone
5% products discount

Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:36 am      Reply with quote
I had a facial on Friday night and the esthetician remarked on what beautiful skin I had. Here, I'd been thinking I have such awful blackheads and I have some dry patches with flaking. I asked her about it and she said she sees many people with enlarged pores and acne.
So...I left the salon feeling more relaxed and a bit better about my skin. Less panicked to find that perfect "miracle" to get rid of the blackheads. Apparently, things are going just fine.
Very Happy
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:12 am      Reply with quote
I think I look old for my age, but I get comments that I look younger than my age.
lynnec
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
Anytime I talk about how oily my skin is or just how bad it is in general, people always tell me I'm wrong. But it's a personal thing... I know my skin could be better, so I strive for the best I can make it.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:38 am      Reply with quote
i know what you mean.........

i always get compliments about my skin......either the color i have......(although i always think my skin is uneven in some places)...but noone has ever said that to me
compliments when i tell people my age........they say oh wow you look soo young i love this one Very Happy

the other compliment i get is i dont have any lines on my face and my skin is in great condition....although i dont no if they are being nice to sell me some products Laughing

me personally i think i have uneven skin tone....my skin is not in perfect condition and that i have a few lines here and there........maybe im crazy Laughing Rolling Eyes Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:35 am      Reply with quote
my skin condition is quite good, but yet there is always room for improvement! Wink
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
I always felt that my skin is too dry and lots of blackhead, but lots of ppl compliments it is smooth and flawless... No idea either! I started to think they are faking...

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
I think my skin is horrendous, but I've had people express amazement when I tell them the struggles I've had with my skin. I wish I could not worry about it so much.
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
People never talk about my skin and certainly never about my age. But so many people say they think that I am beautiful when I think that I am ugly and can't understand how they could think I'm pretty. I wonder if they are lying or if they just have really forgiving standards. My husband thinks it's just my insecurity, and what everyone else thinks is reality. I think the opposite, what I think is reality. I do like some things about myself, but mostly I'm just appalled by my skin. The dark circles under my eyes, the blotchy age spots, and all the small flat moles on my face. I won't go anywhere without at least concealer, I hate being in bright daylight, and I won't let anyone take any close up photos of me. I don't really have any breakouts anymore though.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
BYRG wrote:
People never talk about my skin and certainly never about my age. But so many people say they think that I am beautiful when I think that I am ugly and can't understand how they could think I'm pretty. I wonder if they are lying or if they just have really forgiving standards. My husband thinks it's just my insecurity, and what everyone else thinks is reality. I think the opposite, what I think is reality. I do like some things about myself, but mostly I'm just appalled by my skin. The dark circles under my eyes, the blotchy age spots, and all the small flat moles on my face. I won't go anywhere without at least concealer, I hate being in bright daylight, and I won't let anyone take any close up photos of me. I don't really have any breakouts anymore though.

BYRG......i can relate to where your coming from about thinking people are lying or are just being nice. People have also told me a number of times what they think is reality and what i think is my insecurity but i cant help thinking they are just being nice and can they not see what i see in the mirror everyday Confused

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
you feel good because you pay a lot of attention on your face . just relax~~~~
Slinkylynx
5% products discount

Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:37 am      Reply with quote
In photos I see my asymmetrical face, but of course, no one else has ever noticed...
Hannah-Louise
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:58 am      Reply with quote
My best friend is so inscure about her looks but she is stunning, shes one of those girls who you look at and think wow. I really wish I could show her what she looked like through other peoples eyes, she really has such low confidence and I have no idea why! Sad
sgresnic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:03 am      Reply with quote
We're all like that. What's important is that we realize that everyone does it. My poor mom just asked me yesterday if I beat myself up about things. When I said "of course, everyone does!" she seemed shocked (and relieved). It's human nature.
mamawalnut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:38 am      Reply with quote
My opinion of my skin changes greatly depending on the lighting I'm in. I can be in one room and look in a mirror and think, "Wow, I'm looking better today" and then head to my bathroom five minutes later and with the lighting in there think I look 10 years older. One day I left the house thinking I looked decent but caught myself in the bright fluorescent lighting of a store and was shocked at how bad I looked in there. My days are full of ups and downs. I do try to remember that nobody is checking me out as closely as I am. Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:28 am      Reply with quote
Ah yes, I know the lighting demon well.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:58 pm      Reply with quote
i totally agree...iv formed many different opinions about myself due to different lighting. In the end i just am totally confused whether i look good or bad. Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
I've both acne and wrinkle on face because I'm study and work together. Confused
BumbleB
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
My sister gave me a 10x magnified lighted mirror for Christmas. It is Eeeeeeeevil!!! Right now I am trying to heal my skin from my over-zealous picking/ digging/squeezing. I look like a total mess, and that is not me being hard on myself. Smile

Do you ladies have any suggestions for quick healing of raw/ picked at skin? Emu oil maybe?
lynnec
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
I take HORRIBLE photos. No one agrees with me, but I just hate pictures of myself. I have really high, strong cheekbones, and have a lot of angles in my face, and the camera seems to not like them.
anomaly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:26 am      Reply with quote
mamawalnut wrote:
My opinion of my skin changes greatly depending on the lighting I'm in. I can be in one room and look in a mirror and think, "Wow, I'm looking better today" and then head to my bathroom five minutes later and with the lighting in there think I look 10 years older. One day I left the house thinking I looked decent but caught myself in the bright fluorescent lighting of a store and was shocked at how bad I looked in there. My days are full of ups and downs. I do try to remember that nobody is checking me out as closely as I am. Very Happy

OMG! I thought I was the only one!!! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:54 am      Reply with quote
It's always nice to get a compliment Smile
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
OMG! So many of you have listed things that I can relate to. I have always been so hard on my self. Now in my 40's I wish so much that I had enjoyed the way I looked in my 20's and 30's. I wish I had been happy with my glowing, firm skin. Ofcourse at the time I did not know their was such thing as loss of elasticity or sagging. I thought the worst thing was wrinkles!I still look 10 yrs younger than I am but I have to use lotions and potions to keep the look. So, I am trying very hard to be happy with my 40's skin because when I am 60 I will wish I had it back. Ofcourse this is not easy because old habits die hard and I keep my face under a microscope all the time.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
yes I think we can be really over critical of ourselves- especially since we are the only ones that look so closely at ourselved in mirrors and we assume that the rest of the world sees the same thing!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |