Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)
few lines on my face, how can i get rid of it
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
indianT
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:19 am      Reply with quote
Recently i have noticed that i have two frown lines on the sides near my lips. Also there is one on my forehead. Are these wrinkles and if yes or no what should i do or use.
I do moisturize but somehow got these lines.
Help me.
Mabsy

Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:06 am      Reply with quote
I would say that you probably can't get rid of them completely now that you have them (sorry) but you can use stuff that will minimise them (probably while you are using the products only).

You should look into the whole Argireline thing Smile Reviews here indicate that both Relax-a-line and Alphaderma CE are good for reducing frown lines. Vivier also makes a product that targets frown lines (Vivier Topical Muscle Relaxant), as does Dr Brandt (Dr Brandt Crease Release - but currently sold out at EDS). I haven't seen any reviews of these yet, but would love to hear about the Vivier one in particular (I like Vivier Very Happy). Lancome also makes something similar (Resolution D-Contraxol).

Mabsy
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:33 am      Reply with quote
The Alphaderma has seriously reduced my lines on my forehead and under my eyes. I didnt have deep lines but the ones I have are very very faint now.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:49 am      Reply with quote
The Relax-A-Line really helps my crow's feet and frown lines. Currently, I'm trying it on the vertical lines above my lips to see if it will work there. If you are talking about lines that are caused by age/lack of firmness (like nasolabial folds), the Relax-A-Line won't help you there much. It's really meant to reduce lines that are caused by muscle movement. It does have hyaluronic acid in it which can help boost your moisturizer. Maybe you just need a little more plumping up in that area?
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
betterat40 wrote:
If you are talking about lines that are caused by age/lack of firmness (like nasolabial folds), the Relax-A-Line won't help you there much. It's really meant to reduce lines that are caused by muscle movement.

I agree with Better, the Botox-alternative products are definitely more meant to work with lines and wrinkles caused by repetitive facial movement and I think "smaller" muscle groups.

The main thing I've found to help with the nasio-labial folds is the firming masque with Argireline and aloe barbadensis.

I read something about firming masques in general that explains very clearly why they work and it's a different mechanism than the Argireline products.

What the article I read said was, "As the masque dries to a complete tight masque, the skin is stimulated and nourished by the increased surface circulation. You can actually feel the soft pulsating effect as the masque dries. (my note: I feel it most in the area around my mouth, like the nasio-labial folds). As the masque tightens, it reduces excess fluid in the face that can cause puffiness and add to the appearance of lines. When the masque is removed, pores appear smaller, puffiness and fines lines are reduced and a tightening lift to the face is obvious. This is due to the increased surface circulation, cleansing, nourishing and stimulating the skin from within."

Now I know that for many, finding 25 minutes to lye down, relax and let the masque work is difficult to fit into a busy schedule. Confused But, I've found that the masque does it's unique thing that the serums can't and vice versa. Surprised

So come on girls. Find 25 min., lie quite and do something good for your soul while it works on your face! And remember, stress can cause more wrinkles! Mad
JUDY

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi Judy!!!

Can you email me and let me know how I can order the masque? I've been hearing the raves of the other gals on the forum! : )

I myself love Jane's Amazing Base. My 41 year old skin looks pretty dang good in it. I never did well with other liquid foundations - but did wear Lancome for a while, but as the day went on it kind of lost its oomph! I might try the Jane liquid tho.

Thanks so much!

Maria Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:33 am      Reply with quote
I was intrigued when I first heard of mineral makeup since for years I've studied the nutritional benefits of minerals for the body. It made sense to me that since the skin absorbs what is put on it that you would benefit your skin by your base being all mineral. Smile

Didn't realize until the other day how good the sunscreen in JI is and how much healtheir that type of sunscreen is than regular sunscreen. I've seen many articles on sunscreens containing cancer causing agents. Shock What many people don't realize is that it's really the lack of anti-oxidants in your body that causes sun exposure to turn to skin cancer. And that your skin needs to absorb a certain amount of sun to make Vitamin D. On the other hand, it's very clear that the sun damages and ages facial skin. So, it's kinda likle a Catch 22, but I like the healthier mineral approach to sunscreen.

I have to go back to the spa this week and want to ask them about the minerals in the liquid vs. powdered or pressed base. Think

I'll pm you about the masque.
JUDY

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:58 am      Reply with quote
Thx. Judy.

Also, this was on another thread, but my forehead got little red bumps w/AlphaDerm too!!!!(nothing on my cheeks - but I don't use it there) The thing is, I'm starting to see good results around the eye area and those two furrow lines that make me look grumpy. It isn't doing anything for the two vertical lip lines however. Do you know of a good line for those little suckers? I hate to stop using it when I think I'm seeing some positive results.

Hmmm......little bumps or fewer wrinkles? Such a tough choice. Also, hate to put $100 in the cabinet.

Thanks for the email on the masque! I will find the 25 minutes to relax and let it do its work!

Maria Very Happy

Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:48 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |