Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

JM dropping production of Lash Intervention pls read
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Aimee3
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:44 pm      Reply with quote
This article in the Wall Street Journal on January 7th explains it all. Sorry for not posting sooner, but I was on vacation and first saw it. I searched for any discussion about this on here, but I didn't see any, so if this is a duplication, I do apologize. Someone on this forum had predicted something like this would happen. Again, I must apologize as I don't recall who it was who said Allergan was probably going to make their own version. I sure hope Allergan's version will be as good as the JM! They don't mention the other companies in the lawsuit...anyone have any ideas? This is the link to the article.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB119966251460271037.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:46 am      Reply with quote
That is a really interesting article. If JM got up the noses of FDA with her ingredients, then how is Allergan allowed to market a similar product with drug like ingredients.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:42 am      Reply with quote
Allergan holds the patent, they did not want JM using their patented ingredients,they want to come out with their own formula.I knew this would happen, a good product that does exactly what it says,that is, gives you long long lashes! Sad I am so sad,glad I bought 2 tubes of JM and 1 tube of revitalash!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:56 am      Reply with quote
Well, this isn't a surprise at all. JM told me this was what the issue was and damned if it's not playing out that way. And Bushy, from what I understand, Allergan had someone on the recall board. I may have worded that wrong but you get the drift. Wanna place bets on what this one is going to cost?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:07 am      Reply with quote
Hmm. I went to RL and it looks like they're still selling the product. I find this so irritating. It looks to me like Goliath is throwing his weight around. This must of been a very costly issue for JM if she's going to bow out at this point.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
I wonder if that other site (I forgot the name, but the one where they review products and claimed over and over that JM didn't work...they must have tested it on dead eyes or something inanimate!) is finally admitting that JM worked, or they are still keeping their heads in the sand.
This must really hurt JM's company...that lash product was 30% of their business. Seems so unfair too since she was, I believe, the first company to actually market it to grow lashes.

Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
Eyelash product in regulatory minefield

18/01/2008 - A US company's eyelash lengthening product is currently under investigation by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) in the UK following its removal from the US market.

Jan Marini Skin Research (JMSR) has hit the headlines in the US recently with its voluntary removal of its Age Intervention Eyelash Conditioner and Age Intervention Masses of Lashes products.

Press reports cited a wish to avoid conflict with the FDA over the product's regulation and a patent battle with pharmaceutical company Allergan as the reasons behind the decision.

The product has been available in the UK through Jan Marini's European distributor however the MHRA spokesman Steven Hallworth told CosmeticsDesign.com 'the product is being looked into by the agency and appropriate regulatory action will be taken'.

Due to the confidentiality of the proceedings Hallworth was unable to comment on the details of the case.

However he explained that in the majority of cases when regulatory issues come to the attention of the agency, the manufacturer withdraws the product from the market until the necessary information is provided.

The MHRA's concern with the product is likely to surround its active ingredients, as a previous eyelash lengthening product form JMSR contained the ingredient bimatoprost, licensed for use in a glaucoma drug in the US.

The FDA asked for the original product to be removed from the market in 2006 and JMSR then released a new reformulated product that according to the company does not contain the contentious ingredient.

This has subsequently been subject to an alleged patent infringement with the pharmaceutical company Allergan, prompting the removal of the products from the US market.

JMSR CEO Jan Marini said: "We believe that it makes sense to suspend these products while we strategically review our option.

"We are assured that the Allergan allegations are unfounded. However, the lawsuit is a major distraction."

Marini added that the company would concentrate on its skin care sector with a number of new product launches planned for 2008.

http://www.cosmeticsdesign-europe.com/news/ng.asp?n=82651-jmsr-allergan-cosmeceutical

http://www.cosmeticsdesign.com/news/ng.asp?n=82436-jan-marini-skin-research-eyelash-enhancer-cosmeceutical
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:56 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |