Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Applying undereye concealer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
I really need help in doing this. I don't know if it's my technique or the product itself. I have this obvious line under my eyes and whenever I applied concealer, powder, or foundation...it's more obvious. If I moisturize it, it's not as obvious.

I have quite dark circles so I often need to apply more than 1-2 layers to achieve just an OK effect. Perhaps that's why it's cakey? This is really stressing me out. Do u ladies use fingers or brush to apply undereye concealer?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Stardusty, I use a concealer brush. I use Cle de Peau concealer. I've never been happy with any concealer until I bought this one. I also use a product called Luminous, it's crushed pearls and aloe that I apply under the eye first.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
I've heard that under-eye concealer should a) be applied all over the entire under-eye area, including by the sides of your nose, and b) be a tad darker than you think you need, to minimize puffiness. Our tendency in concealers is usually to go lighter rather than darker, but if you have a lot of puffiness it will only highlight that.

Other than that, it's hard to know what's wrong, but I hope this helps! I think it's also good to do a slightly sheer but very creamy concealer for under the eyes -- looks more natural. Good luck and let us know if you figure out any tricks!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
kittylove
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
This really helped me--

http://www.bobbibrowncosmetics.com/templates/popups/popup_concealervideo.tmpl?ngextredir=1
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
kittylove,

Thank you so much for posting this link. I had given up on concealers but maybe I will try again after watching this.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
i am unable to apply the concealer under my eyes well
always crease, no matther which brand.

Confused
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
wow the Bobbi Brown video is very informative. I have no idea u need to apply such a thick layer under the eyes. I always apply a very thin layer. Perhaps I'll go try it now and see haha Very Happy
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Kitty. That was great.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
I tried Cle De Peau but it's too dry for me.
Bobbi Brown's works best for me! I applied it by fingers, no need to apply foundation undereye, just concealer is fine.
mamawalnut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:47 am      Reply with quote
That was a great video! Like Stardustdy though, I had no clue you should be applying that much concealer. I thought if it was thick like that it would look cakey and start creasing within a few hours.

5% products discount

Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:19 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Hi Stardusty, I use a concealer brush. I use Cle de Peau concealer. I've never been happy with any concealer until I bought this one. I also use a product called Luminous, it's crushed pearls and aloe that I apply under the eye first.

What company makes the "luminous" product? Is it concealer? eye cream?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
toblerone wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:

What company makes the "luminous" product? Is it concealer? eye cream?

Hard to describe what it actually is. Here's a link to her store.
http://shop.iqbeauty.com/category.sc;jsessionid=EF1096782EA30815147B4493D1A59E1B.qscweb21?categoryId=6

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
I can't get the hang of it either. I tried Bobbi Brown's method from her book, similiar to the video above, but I felt like it looked terribly cakey, and creased into my lines. I'd love to be able to master this aspect of makeup application.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
You know, I'm sure her tips are perfect for some people, but I would NEVER layer on that much concealer. I'm super-fair and I think it just looks really obvious when I put on a ton of makeup, of any kind. I'm pretty sparing with under-eye concealer and I find it looks more flattering that way than when I layer it on.

Everyone's skin is different, obviously -- that model she was making up had MUCH tanner skin than I do, so I'm sure that factors in.

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
hahaqj
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
you can try yellow concealer to cover dark circle.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:
You know, I'm sure her tips are perfect for some people, but I would NEVER layer on that much concealer. I'm super-fair and I think it just looks really obvious when I put on a ton of makeup, of any kind. I'm pretty sparing with under-eye concealer and I find it looks more flattering that way than when I layer it on.

Everyone's skin is different, obviously -- that model she was making up had MUCH tanner skin than I do, so I'm sure that factors in.

Ditto man, she really slopped that stuff on huh? Honestly I was a bit horrified when I saw how much she was using. Maybe that works for a brief photo shoot or the runway but, it seems a bit unrealistic for everyday use...and Im in no way a makeup minimalist. Wink
michelec
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
I think I'll go to the BB counter and let them show me right there on the spot. I'll tell them I need it to look natural. If I like it, I might buy it.

When I've gone to that counter in the past, they were very sweet and knowledgeable.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
I agreed with Vonstella. It might look fine with photo shoot but not in person. Everything seems perfect on TV and pics but u have no idea how much makeup they caked on.

Anyone know any Bobbi Brown counter in Vancouver? Thanks. Smile
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
It sounds like your concealor does not work with your skin. Try to find one that is richer/more hydrating
jadkin
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
i use maybelline's age rewind double-ended concealer/highlighter. i place two dabs of the concealer under each of my eyes and blend it with a mac concealer brush. to finish it off, i blend the concealer even more by tapping it with my finger. i apply the highlighter with the given brush, then tap that in with my finger as well, setting it with mac mineralize powder. given that i use a primer, this concealer lasts all day.

i don't have much problem with puffiness, and i am 21 years old.. not to mention that everyone's skin is different... but this is what works for me!
samkaj
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:27 am      Reply with quote
Stardustdy, Bobbi Brown cosmetics can be found only at Holt Renfrew in Vancouver.
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:08 am      Reply with quote
I did not like the cle de peau. Actually, I used a whole bunch of undereye concealers, but I think I have a sort of HG now, one that is creamy, but not too much: Joe Blasco corrector Orange Highlight 1.

It is not orange at all, just enough to cover some blue in the undereye circles.

Before that, I used an undereye concealer with a brush, but dipped the brush in an eyecream first, so the two were mixed.
Also this gave a reasonable result (With Becca concealer, which was quite dry). Although it was not as effective as the Joe Blasco is right now.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
i dont really use concealor caus ei dont really know how to..

the video is great though........but wow the amount she put on Shock

also isnt there some protocol of which finger to use on the eye area cause the skin there is sooo delicate and soft.........i thought it was the ring finger......not the index finger? please clarify cause until now when applying my eye moiturizer etc i been applying with the ring finger Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
I was quite fed up with trying to find the best way to apply my undereye concealer. They all look cakey and obvious.

So then this morning, I took out my old powder foundation and dab it on with an eye shadow brush to my undereye area. Not only did it brighten it up immediately but it doesn't settle into that one fine line I have there. It doesn't cover completely but it brightens making the area much better.

It's 1/2 way through the day and it's still there...haven't crease yet....hopefully Smile
higig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
Around the eyes to reduce dark cycle, I use concealer colour lighter than foundation colour one step and use both fingers and blush.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:01 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |