Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ionic Toothbrushes vs. Sonicare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Sangria1269
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:11 am      Reply with quote
Technology now has ionic toothbrushes which apparently is supposed to compare to the Sonicare at a fraction of the cost. After doing some research about the results, it seems that it does what it is supposed to do, without the aid of toothpaste, which in the end not only saves you money but check side note. Here is the website:

http://www.ionicbrush.com/Ionic_Toothbrush.cfm

Anybody use this toothbrush? I currently use the Sonicare, which I recommend, though it is way overpriced and designed stupidly, but overall it is a good product. I purchased these ionic toothbrushes and am waiting for them to arrive. Interesting if they do work.....

side note: supermarket toothpastes contains saccharin, a substitute for sugar which creates cavities. It also contains fluoride, which is toxic, as well as other chemicals being absorbed into the bloodstream. Check out skindeep.com to see what you are putting in your mouth.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:19 am      Reply with quote
Hadn’t heard of these until now, so thanks for the info, Sangria.

I also have been using Sonicare, but one thing I don’t like about it is it’s so big and heavy - I travel fairly often. These look smaller and lighter.
Also, I couldn’t see how the battery on these ionic brushes works? Do you need a charger? Or simply buy a new one when the power dies?

Please keep us posted on what you think, how it compares to Sonicare, when you receive it. TIA
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:03 am      Reply with quote
Yes, please let us know how you get on. I love my sonic toothbrush and would be very interested to know how these compare.
hahaqj
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
I have sonicare tooth brush , that's great.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't heard of the Ionic toothbrush either.
I have the original Cybersonic Toothbrush and I love it. Everytime I use it with the Arm & Hammer All-in-one toothpaste, my teeth feels sooh clean. Very Happy
http://www.sonictoothbrush.com/catalog/

5% products discount

Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi ladies,,
I use the highionic toothbrush from dr. Tung for years..and I love it.. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
For years I had to order in the U.S.A. but now its available in the Netherlands.
I think it's much better then the expensive Sonicare brush.
My dentist thinks all the time a quit smoking..
( which I'm not..)
I can recommend it Very Happy

best regards
Dia
havana8

Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:08 am      Reply with quote
I have a sonicare and the Soladey which is an ionic toothbrush. Love them both.

http://www.soladey-usa.com/
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
I had an hyG ionic toothbrush when it first came out. And I definitely would use toothpaste with the ionic brush. It's good for portability but I don't think it does as good a job as the Sonicare - especially for your gums. That's just my opinion - my teeth feel super clean after using the Sonicare and I get compliments when I go to the dentist.

I'd be interested to see what you think once you get your ionic toothbrush since you have experience with the Sonicare as well.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
I have Sonicare Elite and it works great. Just remember the replacement brushes usually cost about $20 each. So its much more expensive, but its worth it.
azdesertgal
5% products discount

Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
I use the sonicare elite and just starting using a waterpik. I drink a lot of coffee and red wine, whitened my teeth 2.5 years ago, and IMO my teeth still look great. I have no need to whiten them again. I also think the sonicare has helped me with my battled with periodontal disease. I'm hoping the waterpik will help even more with my gums.

If you live in the states, costco has three-pack brushes at a great price.
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:39 am      Reply with quote
Sangria1269: As a longtime Sonicare fan who hates the high price but loves the results, I'd also like to hear how you feel about the ionic brush. Any news?

Sangria1269 wrote:
Technology now has ionic toothbrushes which apparently is supposed to compare to the Sonicare at a fraction of the cost. After doing some research about the results, it seems that it does what it is supposed to do, without the aid of toothpaste, which in the end not only saves you money but check side note. Here is the website:

http://www.ionicbrush.com/Ionic_Toothbrush.cfm

Anybody use this toothbrush? I currently use the Sonicare, which I recommend, though it is way overpriced and designed stupidly, but overall it is a good product. I purchased these ionic toothbrushes and am waiting for them to arrive. Interesting if they do work.....

side note: supermarket toothpastes contains saccharin, a substitute for sugar which creates cavities. It also contains fluoride, which is toxic, as well as other chemicals being absorbed into the bloodstream. Check out skindeep.com to see what you are putting in your mouth.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:23 am      Reply with quote
Thanks azdesertgal, I am going to Costco this weekend and I never really looked into buying my replacement brushes there. They usually have great deals in bulk. I bought my last one for $24...for one replacement.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:42 am      Reply with quote
Sangria,

Any update on your comparison?

Enquiring minds wanna know... Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:36 am      Reply with quote
Sorry about the delay! Honestly its a bit odd, as the ionic toothbrush they say to use just water. There is an obvious difference in the feeling after using the two, which might just be mental (as I assume that the feeling after the sonic care is clean). But after getting over the intial bias towards the sonic care, I think that the ionic is not only much cheaper but also as effective as the sonic care (with the exception of the gums, which was accurately mentioned earlier). I use the toothbrush in the shower, and the sonic care later during the day. The ionic is also much more portable than the huge heavy sonic care, so I also travel with it. Overall quite pleased Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:45 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the update, Sangria. I used to have an ionic one for travel. Will have to get another one! Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
I am curious that calcium is the one element which made up the teeth, if you get rid of calcium, you might break your teeth. Is their principle scientific?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
This Ionic Brush sounds interesting, but I'm not sure it's practical.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
januarui wrote:
I am curious that calcium is the one element which made up the teeth, if you get rid of calcium, you might break your teeth. Is their principle scientific?

You lost me, januarui. Where did you read that using the ionic toothbrush would get rid of calcium?!? - I really don't think so...

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
januarui wrote:

You lost me, januarui. Where did you read that using the ionic toothbrush would get rid of calcium?!? - I really don't think so...

Hi, If you see that pic of the principle, you will notice that the brush attracts calcium using negtive charge ions (anions). As calcium is free moving, it might be got rid of by this process.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know a website that does international shipping for these ionic toothbrushes?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Sonicare technology is state of the art. I have been to demonstrations/comparisons with probably 20 other power toothbrushes and no other companies can compete. These companies come and they go with their "new" idea. Meanwhile, Sonicare - based on ultrasonic technology keeps on keeping on. And No, I don't work for Sonicare.

The new sonicare version uses a different type of brush head - much smaller and cheaper to get replacements. The brush handle is smaller also, easy to handle, less bulky - very nice.

I also highly recommend a water pik for those of you with any sort of periodontal problems. Daily at-home use has been found to reduce the bacterial load and has a demonstrated positive effect on curbing periodontal problems and in maintaining health.

About Fluoride in toothpaste - the fluoride ion can indeed be toxic but who among us swallows our toothpaste? Using it the way it is meant to be used - brush and spit out - supplies the outermost areas of enamel with protection against decay and can help to reduce sensitivy in some people. It is also good for people with root exposure as roots decay much quicker.

Most dentists/hygienist will tell you not to give fl toothpaste to a child under 6 years of age because of their tendency to swallow and then use a pea size amount.
The fluoride in fluoridated water is a minute amount - approximately 1 part per million. Like filling a bathtub with water and adding a drop or two of fluoride.
The surgeon general determined back around 2001 that fluoride in the water provided the greatest health benefits for the largest number of people at the cheapest cost. Tooth decay causes nutrition problems, embarassment and in young children can cause problems with the developing secondary teeth, it also cause pain - difficulty to concentrate. Fluoride is an easy prevention. Prevention is always cheaper than the cure.
The American Cancer Society supports the use of Fl in the water.

Calcium is the major mineral of teeth followed by Phosphorus and Magnesium.
End of dental lesson. Very Happy
januarui
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Sonicare technology is state of the art. I have been to demonstrations/comparisons with probably 20 other power toothbrushes and no other companies can compete. These companies come and they go with their "new" idea. Meanwhile, Sonicare - based on ultrasonic technology keeps on keeping on. And No, I don't work for Sonicare.

The new sonicare version uses a different type of brush head - much smaller and cheaper to get replacements. The brush handle is smaller also, easy to handle, less bulky - very nice.

I also highly recommend a water pik for those of you with any sort of periodontal problems. Daily at-home use has been found to reduce the bacterial load and has a demonstrated positive effect on curbing periodontal problems and in maintaining health.

About Fluoride in toothpaste - the fluoride ion can indeed be toxic but who among us swallows our toothpaste? Using it the way it is meant to be used - brush and spit out - supplies the outermost areas of enamel with protection against decay and can help to reduce sensitivy in some people. It is also good for people with root exposure as roots decay much quicker.

Most dentists/hygienist will tell you not to give fl toothpaste to a child under 6 years of age because of their tendency to swallow and then use a pea size amount.
The fluoride in fluoridated water is a minute amount - approximately 1 part per million. Like filling a bathtub with water and adding a drop or two of fluoride.
The surgeon general determined back around 2001 that fluoride in the water provided the greatest health benefits for the largest number of people at the cheapest cost. Tooth decay causes nutrition problems, embarassment and in young children can cause problems with the developing secondary teeth, it also cause pain - difficulty to concentrate. Fluoride is an easy prevention. Prevention is always cheaper than the cure.
The American Cancer Society supports the use of Fl in the water.

Calcium is the major mineral of teeth followed by Phosphorus and Magnesium.
End of dental lesson. Very Happy

Thank you for your precise review. I know the teeth are made from Ca5(OH)(PO4)3, where is the magnesium?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
Sister Sweets,

Have you any experience with the Ultreo toothbrush?www.ultreo.com Someone posted - I think it was here at EDS - that she felt this was even better than the Sonicare.

The other purchase consideration is that the product is here to stay and the brush heads are readily available.... With the Sonicare, that is not a concern. With the Ultreo, we'll see...

I've had a Sonicare for years and love it, BTW.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
I have seen this brush - passed around at seminars and it has a somewhat circular area of bristles with nothing in the center and it seems to be trying to copycat the ultrasonic technology of the sonicare. The difference I noticed was that the bristles move wider than the Sonicare and for the uninformed customer it seems that is doing more - in that it has more apparent action.

I have not seen long-term evidence of this product - only anecdeotal stories - anyone can have these short-term. With Sonicare I have observed long-term studies both in lab and on patients and also the anecdotal evidence which I do not discount; particularly in the face of other evidence. I get to try any brush I want and I do. This one I haven't.

That said, I believe in power toothbrush technology and will support almost any power toothbrush over a manual - just does a superior job in a shorter time - can't beat it.

I've had the opportunity to try many power brushes over the last 10 years including another industry leading brush - the Braun Oral B and I'll take Sonicare everytime. It's proven itself in Science and in the Bath! Laughing
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Sister Sweet. Just wondered. Currently happy with my Sonicare Elite

Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |