Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
CLE DE PEAU... From Shiseido's Luxury line
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bamboo
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:20 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried Cle de Peau?? I was at Holts the other day and was STRONLY recommended this line by their personal shopper.
It's crazy expensive - $600+ for their serum.

Let me know if anyone has tried this, I'd love to know if there's any "success stories". Very Happy
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:23 am      Reply with quote
The skincare would be way too rich for me, however I do use the brand's famous stick concealor and love it. Actually I'm starting to agree with the people who believe these products are only hype and not much else. The basics like Vit C serums, sunscreen and retinoids are alot more affordable and most importantly, proven.
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:24 am      Reply with quote
less is better. I think those are pretty overpriced!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:31 am      Reply with quote
I tried a couple of items and I think they are over-priced.
Lola Moroney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:21 am      Reply with quote
A lot better brands out there more reasonably priced more expensive does not always mean better results! This I have leaned over the years!
carforum
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:50 am      Reply with quote
I have tried Cle De Peau, I think they are too expensive but do not worth it! I mainly use their moisturizing product like essence and cream! I have dehydrated skin and I did not see any improvement~

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:57 am      Reply with quote
i have tried its night lotion and day lotion
night one is a light
and day lotion is a moisture type
good stuff but can't bring a good complexion in the next morning. Embarassed
queenmary
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:19 am      Reply with quote
I tried a couple of items, include the la cream. but i think cellcosmet is much more better than cpb.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
i was in the market for a new pressed powder and went to the cle de peau counter since the person at the armani counter wasn't there (to anyone who lives in san francisco- the bloomingdales is awful, it seems like everytime i go there, the counter i want to get something from doesn't have a salesperson, and i have to end up asking someone from another counter who tells me the person is on their lunchbreak- in the afternoon! this has happened FOUR TIMES so really i think they just have bad customer service, ive never had the same issue at the la or nyc bloomingdales...but i digress)
anyway the SA applied concealer/foundation on half of my face, leaving the concealer/foundation i usually use on the other- then kept trying to tell me that the cle de peau one was better when it was REALLY clear that the combo i was already using had better texture/coverage!!! so in my opinion this brand is just overpriced.
pink_apple
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
I have a friend who is 40+ and love to use it. Are you around this age? If you are younger than that, I guess you better save your money.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
Their makeup is beautiful, I have bought an eyeshadow, lipstick and the concealer, something to treat yourself with sometimes. But, I wouldn't use them for skin care products. I think there are a lot more choices that are less expensive and more effective. I did get samples of their eye balm and their cleanser and I did like both, but there are less expensive alternatives. I especially liked their cleanser I remember it was sort of a sensual experience rubbing it on my face, it was so creamy yet lathered. The only thing was after my skin dried it felt tight and I don't think a cleanser should make your skin feel tight. It might be better for someone who has oily skin.
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:02 am      Reply with quote
yes..the line is rather expensive and i have used the energizing cream..it's quite light but for the price i don't think it's anything spectacular
however, i do like the anti-circle eye serum..the area around my eyes get quite dry over winter and it works great
the SA recommended the peeling mask but i'd rather go with other lines for masks & stuff
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:38 am      Reply with quote
I have used this line in the past, but wouldn't repurchase. Aside from the stick concealer, which is excellent and covers well and is moisturizing, all their products are just hype. Don't even bother with The Cream - it's no big deal and costs a fortune.
The $600 serum is nothing special either. Save your hard-earned money for a better product!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:00 am      Reply with quote
I agree the concealer is worth the money. Best concealer I've ever used now I wish I could find a duplicate at a lesser cost. I tried the foundation and thought it was nice but not worth the money. Primer was lovely too.

Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
I love the concealer. It is pricey but it also lasts a long time.
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
I love the satin foundation, the new lipgloss/lipsticks, pressed and loose powders. Also, the brand new liquid foundation that is just out is beautiful as well.
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
Forgot to add the concealer, one of the best ones I have tried, also the primers (transclucent corrector for pores) is excellent.
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
forgot to mention that besides the eye essence, the softening lotion is one of my favorite toner
it does contain a very small amount of alcohol, but it does an excellent job in keeping my skin soft and retains moisture
Mike
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

Have you tried Cle de Peau's dark circle eye cream?
Is it really good for improving dark circles under eyes?
Please share your experiance with us.
Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!
wen_goldfish
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
i have trie their cleanser and makeup primer nothing special about them. but i do love the loose powder though.
cristaline
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
I tried a sample of La Creme, the $400 moisturizer. It's nice, but I have tried far better moisturizers, exorbitant and outrageous price notwithstanding.
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:27 am      Reply with quote
I tried a couple of items, but I dont't think the products worth such high prices!
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:33 am      Reply with quote
I have used their concealer for several years now - it is outstanding & definitely worth the $$. As far as their other products...never tried them.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |