Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Heath Ledger found dead.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movies/01/22/heath.ledger.dead/index.html
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
OMG!! When I saw the headline I honestly couldn't believe it--- he was so young, and with a young daughter too....

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
That is sooo freaky. If it does turn out to be an OD, then that's too much of a shame.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
It's so sad. Poor families. Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
That is heartbreaking. So shocking.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
I am saddened and a bit freaked out when I heard about this news. Just the other day, I saw a new Movie trailer and saw a black/white painted face character and it reminded me of "The Crow" movie immediately. First thought that came to mind was - who still wants to act in the jinxed movie (due to the freak accident that caused Brandon Lee's life). Of course at the end of the trailer, I realized it's a new Batman movie and Heath was the Joker.

I thought he was one of the more talented young actor and it's really a shame.

30s; Fair to Medium with yellow undertones; Combination skin - occasional breakouts, vertical brow lines, age spots, acne marks, few broken caps, tiny bumps (chicken skin); Eyes: puffy, dark circles and fine lines..... yeah, lots to fix Smile WIP
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:41 am      Reply with quote
His family were on the news tonight (they all live in Western Australia), stressing that they take it as an accidental death.
I wonder? He was on anxiety meds.
Such a waste of young life.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:39 pm      Reply with quote
When I saw the headline on the news yesterday I actually read other news first thinking it was a joke (the way they write headlines to lead you to think something that the story is not).

I was floored. I mean if the headline read that Britney was found dead.. well, ya figure that one is coming... but Heath Ledger really shocked me.

The meds were for insomnia, no? If he was in a deep, medicated sleep on his stomach, he could have even suffocated himself. How sad.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:05 am      Reply with quote
Im in Aussie and the speculation over here is getting out of control. His poor family found out about his death on the radio! It was leaked just 40 minutes after he was found for crying out loud. Police didnt even have time to contact the family.

I cant believe the media circus when his body was being removed...

They're saying he may have overdosed on sleeping tablets over here. Apparently he was only sleeping 2 hrs a night and that shooting Batman had left him sleep deprived and stressed or something.

Who knows, its all just speculation atm.

But i feel for his poor family having the media speculating like they are.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:18 am      Reply with quote
carolb69 wrote:

No joke, I thought it was quite perverse. I mean, I know we all rubberneck at car wrecks but this was someones son, father, loved one (who's life was cut short for what ever reason), all those flash bulbs and GANG of people, truly disgusting. Makes me remember why I detest Hollywood so much. They have no respect for anyone at anytime.
yobi
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
I'm so shocked , he's really young, only 28. RIP Crying or Very sad
ddang
5% products discount

Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
carolb69 wrote:

No joke, I thought it was quite perverse. I mean, I know we all rubberneck at car wrecks but this was someones son, father, loved one (who's life was cut short for what ever reason), all those flash bulbs and GANG of people, truly disgusting. Makes me remember why I detest Hollywood so much. They have no respect for anyone at anytime.
[img]

I completely agree. Has anyone seen that video clip of fox news? It's disgusting. Have no respect whatsoever for Heath and his family.
For those who haven't seen it...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/22813005#22813005
melissa49
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:18 am      Reply with quote
carolb69 wrote:
Im in Aussie and the speculation over here is getting out of control. His poor family found out about his death on the radio! It was leaked just 40 minutes after he was found for crying out loud. Police didnt even have time to contact the family.

I wondered that! I'm in Melbourne, and I heard only about an hour after he was apparently found - on my way to work. How horrible for his family and friends in WA. However he died, he still had people that loved him, and they deserved to find out before the rest of the world.
daddysgirl

Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
It's so sad!
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:50 am      Reply with quote
melissa49 wrote:
carolb69 wrote:

I wondered that! I'm in Melbourne, and I heard only about an hour after he was apparently found - on my way to work. How horrible for his family and friends in WA. However he died, he still had people that loved him, and they deserved to find out before the rest of the world.

I know melissa. His uncles said they heard it on the radio and that Heath's dad found out through the media too. What an awful way to find out your son or daughter had died Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
This is so sad,
It was so creepy the day I found out. I was watching Factory Girl (the Edie Sedgewick story) and at the end she dies at 28 b/c of a drug overdose. Well as soon as I finished watching the movie and turned off the DVD, the first thing I see was Heath Ledger dead at 28 due to a drug overdose.
It totally gave me the shivers.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:28 am      Reply with quote
"The NYC medical examiner has finished the toxicology report following the death of Heath Ledger, and has just ruled that the actor's death was caused by acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam, and doxylamine

The NYPD found five different medications in Ledger's apartment after his death, including anti-anxiety medications Alprazolam (Xanax), Diazepam (Valium) and Lorazepam (Ativan). The sleeping medication Zopiclone (Lunesta) and the sedative Temazepam (Restoril) -- which is used by people with "debilitating insomnia" -- were also found."

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:04 am      Reply with quote
Shock What a cocktail. To many drugs that act on the nervous system they said.

He must have been doctor shopping dont you think? A doctor here said no 1 doctor would prescribe all that to one person.

Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross Clinical Concentrate Radiance Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Thalgo Prodige des Océans Gift Set (coffret) Shira Shir-Radiance Corrective Rx Wrinkle & Pore Minimizer (30 ml)