Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anyone tried Sculptra?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
helenjean
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:12 am      Reply with quote
hi all
well i had my sculptra 2 weeks ago, after doing flex effect and ageless since november I just got impatient and decided my face needed that lift now (or howeverlong it takes for sculptra to kick in) I will still do the facial exercises, because hopefully by the time the sculptra wears off I will be seeing the full benefit.
The fisrt day of my sculptra,( I had it in my cheeks, sides of face and jaw line = 2 vials) my face looked pretty good, then the next week it looked awfull all swollen and fat, (already have fat cheeks(more like fat jowls now im older) so this didnt help)after 7 days its back to normal, I did do lightstim one night after 9 days and when I woke up my face had swollen again.
Time is going slow its only 2 weeks, I have been doing tripollar pose on my fat jowl cheek area to slim and tone them, done 3 sessions and I must say they are looking better.(not over the area he injected)
now 2 weeks can I use my tua viso or is it best to wait? and how are you all doing with your treatments? did you notice any improvements and how long did it take to work?
sorry for long post
helen Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:19 am      Reply with quote
It's been about six weeks since my first Sculptra treatment (I only had one vile) and there's no sign of any improvement yet. I'm having my second treatment next week.

To be truthful, I'm finding it hard to stay positive over this - I know that it's way to soon to see any results, but I'm worried that I have little or no collagen left to stimulate! It's also hard to fork out money when there's no instant gratification!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:41 am      Reply with quote
Kelin, it was not until after my second treatment that I saw any improvement. I don't want to keep repeating myself, but I will anyway Very Happy ....I saw no improvement below the cheeks and I followed the doctor's advice and got some Botox at the corners of my eyes which was supposed to augment the effect with a little lift.

The only swelling I ever had was immediately after the first injection. I don't remember the second vial having that effect, though it may have. All that said, Sculptra is a roll of the dice. It doesn't work for everyone. And as I also mentioned before, having good cheek bones (as I was told by the Sculptra rep who was there) gives you a head start.

If I were doing it over with the second vial, I would skip the lower part of the face and concentrate on the outer sides of the forehead where it will kinda lift the face and at the bone below the eyes.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:32 am      Reply with quote
Flavia wrote:
Kelin, it was not until after my second treatment that I saw any improvement. I don't want to keep repeating myself, but I will anyway Very Happy ....I saw no improvement below the cheeks and I followed the doctor's advice and got some Botox at the corners of my eyes which was supposed to augment the effect with a little lift.

The only swelling I ever had was immediately after the first injection. I don't remember the second vial having that effect, though it may have. All that said, Sculptra is a roll of the dice. It doesn't work for everyone. And as I also mentioned before, having good cheek bones (as I was told by the Sculptra rep who was there) gives you a head start.

If I were doing it over with the second vial, I would skip the lower part of the face and concentrate on the outer sides of the forehead where it will kinda lift the face and at the bone below the eyes.

I'm not getting any Sculptra in the top half of my face. He's putting it in the area at the sides of my mouth fanning upwards. I don't really have an issue with the upper face - and a bit of cheek filler sorts the cheeks out, instantly! It's the droopy lower half of my face that I hate. But then, he's not actually putting the Sculptra in my jowls. I'll see how this second round goes - as I said, I'm not confident about this at all.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:36 am      Reply with quote
My surgeon recomended 5 viles at 6 week intervals but I want to wait til I see something before I pay anymore money. As long as I see atleast a subtle improvement I will carry on.
I don't know if I will have 5 viles I will have to see. I want to start using my tua viso again, is it too soon?

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Kelin, they told me that putting it in the upper part of the face would actually give some lift to the lower part. If it did, it was too subtle for my eyes, and if I can't see it, who can? Embarassed
Flavia
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:16 am      Reply with quote
I saw this demo'd on Oprah. The next big fad? Haven't heard anything more about it except it is rather painful.
http://www.plastic-surgery.net/radio-frequency-face-lift.html
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:32 am      Reply with quote
I am looking at Sculptra -- saw a local PS yesterday who seems pretty competent, and it's "on sale" so would cost only $2400 for the two treatments. Does this sound high? Low?

Anyway, I am most concerned about reading the number of reviews in which people say it doesn't work for them. I'm wondering how often this happens, and have a hard time tracking down any statistics.

She would inject mostly around the checkbones to lift the entire face.
Flavia
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:47 am      Reply with quote
This site shows you a few reviews and average price which is about $921 per session.
http://www.skin-rejuvenation.org/cost.aspx
About 57% say they would do it again.

I got my two sessions on sale for about 1300 or 1500 (can't quite remember). This was the total for both sessions.
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
The injections would be done by the MD, Stanford-trained,topnotch credentials. Most of the local spas/offices use nurses or techs to do fillers. I realize the percentage of people who don't have good results with sculptra is significant, and I wonder if the likelihood of success is greater with a PS vs a tech.
Flavia
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
A nurse injected me, but the Sculptra rep said she was one of the best around. The PS determined where the injections would go. I should have opted for the pain-numbing cream before the deadner was injected. That was baaaaad !!!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Flavia wrote:
I saw this demo'd on Oprah. The next big fad? Haven't heard anything more about it except it is rather painful.
http://www.plastic-surgery.net/radio-frequency-face-lift.html

Radio-Frequency treatments are supposed to be a bit hit or miss too. I had the original Thermage when it came out - and it did nothing. The newer versions are supposed to be better, but who knows? I also bought the STOP, the home-use RF device - don't know that this does much either.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
A plastic surgeon is doing my injections. The injection technique is very important apparently (so you don't get lumps). One vile costs AUD$850.00 - I'm getting one vile per treatment. So $2,400 for two treatments sounds expensive.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:23 am      Reply with quote
Radio-Frequency treatments are supposed to be a bit hit or miss too. I had the original Thermage when it came out - and it did nothing. The newer versions are supposed to be better, but who knows? I also bought the STOP, the home-use RF device - don't know that this does much either.

I had 1 accent treatment and bought a pose for my fatty jowls I have done 3 treatments and am not noticing much difference, how this works on fat stomachs is a puzzle to me.

[color=darkred]A plastic surgeon is doing my injections. The injection technique is very important apparently (so you don't get lumps). One vile costs AUD$850.00 - I'm getting one vile per treatment. So $2,400 for two treatments sounds expensive.

My sculptra is costing £400 so that would be about the same in dollars, yes $2400 sounds too much.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:26 am      Reply with quote
sorry I dont know what happened in the post I was trying to highlight the posts I was commenting on. Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:23 am      Reply with quote
I think sculptra can really help to lift the face a bit, but if you do have a lot of sagging, a facelift is really the only answer,you will see immdeiate, lasting results. The problem I see with sculptra is that it provokes collagen to be produced as a natural reaction to a foreign body being introduced., it is crapshoot as too how much growth you will get, too little or too much ansd then you look like a chipmunk.I think you need to find a very experienced dr that injects deeply,there are recent new techniques for injection now,old techniques are being abandoned due to many poor results (visible lumos..etc).Educate yourself, and try to see your doctors before/after photos.Background check your doctor and see if he has a lot of negligence cases against him,that will tell you he has had a lot of bad results. Make sure he is biard certified too.Some bad outcome from sculptra cannot be fixed.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:25 am      Reply with quote
ooops sorry for all the misspellings....I need my coffee,hopefully you can construe what I was trying to say...
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:41 am      Reply with quote
I have been watching the scupltra train trying to decide whether to jump on.
It's that I like to see immediate results, being an instant gratification person, so that I know that it works. I like in some ways that it is gradual as to not be too obvious, but I have had too many treatments like that where nothing ever came of it but my Dr. going on another vaction.
I have been really happy with the juvaderm as it did develop collagen around it and has lasted for over 2 years for me. Right now, I don't even need it where I had origianlly had it, just new places in that dreaded lower face area around the bottom of the chin.
So I am trying to decide and watching.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:05 am      Reply with quote
I would get it totally for volume, sagging not being an issue (thank goodness). My mother has had a couple of facelifts -- she seems thrilled but I think she looks creepy, and she went to "the best" plastic surgeons (the PS I am considering was not one of them). She is in her early 40s so has been doing this for a while, and she also contributes to RealSelf and does a lot of public service type blogging.

I have had resty and perlane and both worked for me. The nurse at the spa typically did the nasolabials. Once she did the cheeks for lift, and I swear the stuff gravitated to my jaw. (She insisted this could not happen, but the filler vanished from the site and I had major lumps on my jawbone)

I guess I should make the rounds and talk to everyone who does Sculptra. It's so hard to know whom to trust, especially as many of the Yelp reviews appear to be plants!
secretly
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:39 am      Reply with quote
if you're in the San Diego area Dr. Maurice Sherman is having a special on Sculptra in March, $500/vial -- my friend went to see him after I had my surgery and told me.

http://www.drsherman.com/

he's in Del Mar so you could easily come from LA to see him.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:38 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, secretly. I would love to go to your dr! I am a few hundred miles to the north, San Francisco area. The options are many but real info is hard to come by!

Apparently Sculptra is doing a $100/vial promo, which this PS says she is matching, bringing it down to a mere $600/vial.
helenjean
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:55 am      Reply with quote
hermosa- if your mum is in her early 40`s your starting young, or did you mean that is when she started?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
I know what you mean hermosa, I've been to quite a few surgeons/dermatologists and you're always hoping the one you see is the best and most skilled. (mere $600 I KNOW!!! haha)

I have to say I wish I would have had Sherman do my FL although he told me he trained the guy I went to. He seems like he's really on top of the best methods/information and is extremely thorough, like Hilinski said, he's really meticulous.

Whenever you have ANY face work done make sure to sleep only on your back.. It's hard to get used to at first but now I wouldn't sleep any other way.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
I went to dr sherman some time ago for a consult.I did not use him however. His sculptra page, the first picture is the best,that is the epitome of what a good sculptra result will do;works quite well on a skinny face or a face lacking volume.The second page however I do not believe these are dr sherman's results and should have been presented as such. I have seen all of the second page results on the sculptra website. These photos on the second page are frequently used for many other drs,but they are company photos I believe and not the doctors' patients.
secretly
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
have you considered Artefill? It's permanent and now being used everywhere except lips I believe.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |