Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Products for Sensitive skin with Acne
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has found products that treat acne/blackheads but aren't too harsh. I have horrible reactions to sacylic acid, my face turns red and peels like crazy! I can use benzoyl peroxide but only in low concentrations or I dry up.
I have found Darphin to be the best product so far, but I can no longer afford $98 for 2-3 months of moisturizer!

I'm looking mainly for a moisturizer now, and toner as well...but would love other suggestions too

Here's what I have tried and disliked:

Dermalogica Active Moist - Major breakouts & grease
Clinique 3 step - Dried up
Shiseido - breakouts and not moisturizing enough
Estee Lauder - didn't like it, not sure why.

Any suggestions???
Mabsy

Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:17 am      Reply with quote
Perhaps the YonKa Creme15 and YonKa Juvenil? Both are natural products and judging by other people's reviews - quite gentle yet effective. I haven't tried either but I bought the Juvenil a few days ago (awaiting my EDS parcel any day now Very Happy) and I'm hopefully getting a sample of the Creme15 as well (I heard good things about this also).

The Juvenil has received some really good reviews here before. Do a search if you are interested in reading the past ones.

HTH
Mabsy
skinprofusion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:33 am      Reply with quote
Have you tried Estee Lauder's Idealist, It takes away my redness like that. It's amazing, and it's great for all skin types even oily. You know I was talking to this doctor about 2 months ago, and she said try to look for alcohol free products, So i listened to her and i got everything alcohol free Cleanser, toner, and idealist doesn't have any alcohol, and you know what over that time my skin is about 80% less oily it's amazing, See with you using products that have alcohol like the three set your stripping your skin, so it produces more oil to defend it self. keep that in mind.. good luck.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:28 am      Reply with quote
I was curious about the Yonka products. The two you mention look like acne treatments, not really a moisturizer. Perhaps I'll try one of the two and get one of their moisturizers.

Any one else have suggestions?
Tammy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
From Decleor:
Essential baume for night time
Hydra-Matt Regulating fluid for day time

From Chanel Precision:
Gel Cleanser(green writing)
Toner(green coloured gel)

Prescription:
T-Stat 2% Erythromycin pads

I find I struggle alot with sensitive but acne prone skin. I try to not venture out and be curious of other products because my skin really reacts. Good luck.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
Decleor sounds similar to Darphin...I don't know why, it just does to me...has anyone tried both these products and can comment?

I now want to try yonka and decleor...Can't I just have a sample of everything EDS sells? Very Happy
Saiz

Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:11 pm      Reply with quote
...I can recommend Living Nature Purifying Cleansing Gel, Balancing Flax Day Cream and Deep Cleansing Mask for acne prone skin.

I use all natural products with no parabens - parabens have been linked to breast cancer and my mother had breast cancer so I wouldnt touch anything with preservatives.

Try nzpacific.com - free delivery worldwide.

Trilogy products are also good I find.
Mabsy

Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:10 am      Reply with quote
lianne wrote:
Can't I just have a sample of everything EDS sells? Very Happy

Laughing When you place an order with EDS you actually get quite a few samples of things to try and you can also ask them to include specific ones as well.

Btw, I think there are some products in both the Decleor and Darphin lines that are quite similar. For example, Essential Balm and Purifying Balm (Darphin) seem to be very similar indeed.

Mabsy
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy,

I noticed that a lot of the names and descriptions were quite similar. I'm currently debating between trying the decleor and yonka. I'm leaning towards the decleor because of the great special...but the yonka does have such great reviews.

Maybe I'll do as you suggest and ask for samples of it when I order. I must decide by tomorrow what I'm getting, cuz my skin is SO hating the Estee Lauder stuff. Ugh, I'm just going to go for the Decleor...I think, I'm a bit of a NUTCASE today Rolling Eyes
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
okay, so I just ordered the Decleor balance set in the specials section. I also splurged for nailtiques formula 2...I live in BC so I should get it soon and will update you on how I like it. Hopefully they'll have some cream 15 samples for me to give a try too Smile
Gingerly
5% products discount

Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
How did the Decleor work out for you?
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
The Decleor is doing quite well with my skin. I didn't have any reactions (YAY!!). My skin is well moisturized, no flakeyness like with other products. I'm still getting a few large zits, but fewer blackheads so I'm going to pick up some yonka juvenil and hopefully that'll take care of that. Very Happy
indianT
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
hey lianne,

I am glad decleor worked for you. Which products did you use? I currently use Ylang Ylang oil and balm. How about cleanser, do you like any.
moshimoshi
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi lianne,

I'm happy to hear that your skin is doing much better... Mine is having a big attitude problem right now Crying or Very sad and I'm actively searching for that "miracle" products now...

Sounds like we share similar skin dilemmas... Interested in knowing what specific products you are using with Decleor and your daily regime... I've only tried Decleor Regulating Cleansing Gel 3 years ago which was nice... Maybe I will consider going back to it...

Also keep us updated with Yonka Juvenil, cuz I'm interested in getting that, too...

Thanks Smile
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:01 am      Reply with quote
ok so here's my daily routine

-wash with darphin foaming cleanser
-put decleor ylang ylang oil on problem areas
-follow with decleor hydra-matt fluid
-I sometimes use Decleor anti-shine treatment

Once a week I use MAC Scrub mask
Once a week Decleor Purifying Mask

-At night I cleanse with the darphin cleanser
-then I will sometimes use decleor ylang ylang blam, and other times I will use Dermalogica Special Clearing Booster (which I see has been discontinued) I use them again as a spot treatment

I will let you know about the Juvenil, I am going away next week and plan to order it when I get home!!
Gingerly
5% products discount

Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:28 am      Reply with quote
Anyone have ingredient list for the Yonka Juvenil.
moshimoshi
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:56 am      Reply with quote
Hi Gingerly,

These are the info that I cut and paste from the Yonka website:

Yonka Juvenil Concentrate Serum for Acne and Blemishes

Key Yonka Skin Care Benefits:Effective antiseptic and purging fluid to stimulate the healing process of breakouts
Eliminates post-breakout skin reddening, irritations and hyper-pigmentation
Soothes inflammations often associated with breakouts

Major Yonka Active Skincare Ingredients & Actions:
Ichthiol - purges, asepticizes, heals
Calendula - asepticizes, anti-inflammatory
Bleu German Chamomile essential oil (azulene) - asepticizes, rejuvenates
Lactic Acid - asepticizes, acidifies, eliminates cellular build up
Sweet lime - regulates, balances

Yonka Skin Care Directions:
After cleansing and toning, apply Juvenil. In the morning: apply Juvenil on the acne spots under Creme PG. In the evening: apply Juvenil on the acne spots. Apply a treating cream over the entire face. (Creme 15 or Phyto 58 PNG or Phyto 52.

Yonka Skin Care Results:Breakouts are effectively treated and healing time reduced with this highly effective non-stinging, antiseptic acne-remedy fluid elixir. Complexion clears and good healthy skin is restored instantly. Pores are tightened and irritations are soothed.

** I just recently placed an order for Yonka Juvenil and am waiting for my EDS package to arrive.... I'll read the packaging box and add more info if it's necessary Smile
SKiser
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
I just had to post about the Yonka Juvenil. I absolutely adore it. Very Happy I have been using it faithfully for over a month and have had no breakouts or blackheads. The whiteheads on my chin are almost non-exsistant Now be warned it does have um a smell. A very strong smell that can be offensive but to me fades very quickly. But I think it's worth it for the results. I use it alone or mixed with the Yonka PG Creme or at night mixed with the Creme 15. hths
moshimoshi
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
SKiser, i'm so excited hearing that you have great result with Yonka Juvenil and Cream 15 Smile ... I'd just ordered them from EDS last week and they should be here anytime soon... I hope SOON... I so wanted to try them out and get the fabulous outcome as everyone else...
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:00 am      Reply with quote
ok, that's it...i'm ordering the juvenil..and hoping for creme 15 sample...=)
Mabsy

Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:34 am      Reply with quote
Lianne - make a note in the comments section and ask them if they could include a sample of the Creme 15 Wink
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:48 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |