Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Facial Flex For Firming and Lifting
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bixa525
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:31 am      Reply with quote
Does this really firm up the jowel area and lift your cheeks? I have read both good and bad about this device. Some say it causes more wrinkles and others swear by it. I need some help with firming and lifting. Any advice?
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:50 am      Reply with quote
I recently bought this and have used it a few times so far. I think that it would be a good idea to massage in some moisturizer to your skin prior to use to make your skin more flexable and warm it up so to speak and I think that would make it less likely to cause wrinkles. I have also heard of some people holding their fingers to their face during use to stop the formation of marrionette lines.
I have not really had enough time to fully evaluate this product but I do think it works based on many reviews I have read. A lot of people are also enthusiastic about Deb Crowley's Program Flex Effect but this seems to be quite complex. I would be interested to try it in the future though.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:17 am      Reply with quote
bixa525 wrote:
Does this really firm up the jowel area and lift your cheeks? I have read both good and bad about this device. Some say it causes more wrinkles and others swear by it. I need some help with firming and lifting. Any advice?

I can't speak for everyone but myself. For three years I have been using Facial Flex. It without a doubt has helped firm my jaw line. As far as giving someone wrinkles I can't comment. At 63 I have just a few crows feet and lines above my forehead. Facial Flex is a must in my bag of tricks. Wink

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Mau
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Facial Flex for more than half a year twice a day. I stopped it a month ago deciding to take a break.
It definitely helped me to firm my jaw line but I think it worsened my marrionette lines making them more visible. Although I have no folds.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
Facial Flex was recommended to me by another EDS member who I greatly respect, so I made the purchase and have been using it for the last 2 weeks. I think I might actually be seeing improvements already, which is quite exciting. Shock Shock Shock

I started showing some early jowl sagging a few years ago. I resorted to fillers 2 years ago to fill in the marionette lines, but they really did not do anything for the jowl slackness. Mad See the pooches in the pic below:

I am hoping that between the dermaroller (to tighten skin) and the Facial Flex that I can remedy the pooch situation over time.

The Facial Flex is a very simple and cheap gadget ($32 on ebay for the complete package), and it only takes 2 mins 2x a day. Some people only do the Facial Flex every other day for 5 mins total and still have great results.

I bought the Flex Effect program to compare the two. The Facial Flex certainly does NOT work the full face like the Flex Effect facial exercise program (it only does your lower face), but for those that cannot commit 20-30 mins per day to Flex Effect, this is a nice alternative.

In order to test to test the Facial Flex fully, I am not going to start Flex Effect until after I have used the Facial Flex for 2 months by itself (6 more weeks to go...that means mid Nov to start FE).

I'll keep everyone updated on my progress.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
I bought both facial flex and flex effect.I have only been using the facial flex because it is very easy to use I can do it in the car. Flex effect I am not so sure I want to pull on my eyelids although I can understand building up the muscles of the face under your skin to make it look more youthful ,I just dont seem to have the time.....
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
I dont know which company came first,but it would be so much better for consumers if the names werent so confusing.
Wink just thinking out loud here.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
skin care addict wrote:
I dont know which company came first,but it would be so much better for consumers if the names werent so confusing.
Wink just thinking out loud here.

Actually, many of them hope that you DO get confused and buy their product by mistake!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
I googled this and checked on Amazon to see what some of the reviews are. One person, who gave the Facial Flex one star, had really bad luck with hers:

Quote:
I bought this [the Facial Flex] from QVC and used it faithfully for 2 months. No firming in the jowl area whatsoever, but what I did get was smoker's lines above my lips, and I have never smoked a cigarnette in my entire life. So if you are using the Facial Flex, keep a lookout for those vertical lines forming above your lips. I am still trying to get rid of them, and so far I am having no luck.

Has anyone else experienced this? Eh?
Fox
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
Actually, just to put my other post in perspective I should say there are eleven reviewers and only three of them gave the Facial Flex either one or two stars. The other eight reviewers gave it one four- and seven five-star ratings with glowing praise. So clearly it's working for a lot of people.

The person I quoted above is apparently a minority but it still would put me off if I was considering using this. I wonder what was different for her and how it could be avoided?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
Fox wrote:
Actually, just to put my other post in perspective I should say there are eleven reviewers and only three of them gave the Facial Flex either one or two stars. The other eight reviewers gave it one four- and seven five-star ratings with glowing praise. So clearly it's working for a lot of people.

The person I quoted above is apparently a minority but it still would put me off if I was considering using this. I wonder what was different for her and how it could be avoided?

Fox, unless one of the people here did the review, I'm not sure how we can answer that question. Maybe there is some way you can contact them?

But my personal guess is that she used poor form in using the device....I did a lot of reading and found a couple of recommendations on form to avoid line development. I also only use mine in front of a mirror....it is VERY easy to slip into less than optimal format if you do not watch it very carefully.

But certainly do not try/buy anything if you have hesitations.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
But my personal guess is that she used poor form in using the device....I did a lot of reading and found a couple of recommendations on form to avoid line development. I also only use mine in front of a mirror....it is VERY easy to slip into less than optimal format if you do not watch it very carefully.

That's what I thought might have happened too. I was thinking out loud when I asked that question, and I guess even the reviewer couldn't have known why that had happened to her.

I can't help but wonder though... Has the Facial Flex ever, like, pinged out of anyone's mouth? Silenced Laughing
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
Fox wrote:
I can't help but wonder though... Has the Facial Flex ever, like, pinged out of anyone's mouth? Silenced Laughing

Not if you are doing it correctly.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:34 am      Reply with quote
never had that problem with the facial flex,very easy to use,doesnt take long,easy to make it a habit.I keep it in my car and do it on my commute, 2 minutes on the way to work and 2 minutes on the way back.
rachels
5% products discount

Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:00 am      Reply with quote
sounds so interesting. I would like to hear more comments.
boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:34 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the Facial Flex at least 4 months and love it. Its simple to use and doesn't take a long time. I do it 5 minutes in the morning, along with some eye exercises, every other morning. It's tightened up the jawline considerably. The only caution is to not overdo it because you may tire out your muscles and cause sag and to watch the way you do it in the mirror to make sure the nasolabial folds are not being emphasized. As somebody said earlier, there are ways to minimize this from happening. This QVC customer review page has a 4/5 rating with 176 reviews. This will give you a much better idea of whether you want to try it or not:

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.L0136.desc.Facial-Flex-Facial-Exercise-and-Toning-Kit#reviews
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
I am wondering if this tones the lower face area better than FE. I am three months plus using Flex Effect and am amazed. My botox and filler appointment is WAY past due and I am happy with the great results I am seeing. As I understand it every three months supposedly brings some real change. I am flexing daily for about 25 minutes.
Thinking of adding the facial flex if it's that good.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think it is better than FE at all....just easier, less time consuming, and probably NOT as comprehensive. If you can dedicate the time to FE, I would keep doing that!

I am going to start up FE after I have tried this for a couple of months...and I have no doubt that I will see additional improvement after I do so.

I have read my FE book, and am going to start slowly with the massage and the eye exercises. Then I'll add in the whole face as I have more time (this new job is draining me).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:30 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I am wondering if this tones the lower face area better than FE. I am three months plus using Flex Effect and am amazed. My botox and filler appointment is WAY past due and I am happy with the great results I am seeing. As I understand it every three months supposedly brings some real change. I am flexing daily for about 25 minutes.
Thinking of adding the facial flex if it's that good.

sister sweets - FlexEffect has Mouth Flex Advanced exercise that corresponds to Facial Flex device. The only difference between FlexEffect Mouth Flex Adv exercise and Facial Flex is that FlexEffect uses regular FlexEffect count, and hands instead of a mechanical device.

To perform this exercise you do not really need Facial Flex device itself, because hands are sufficient, and as usual you have more control with the hands. But if you want to simplify performing Mouth Flex Adv. exercise (e. g. without hands) you can use Facial Flex.

To summarize - Facial Flex can be useful in performing one of 45 FlexEffect exercises, assuming one is OK with trading using hands for using a mechanical device.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:34 am      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
To summarize - Facial Flex can be useful in performing one of 45 FlexEffect exercises, assuming one is OK with trading using hands for using a mechanical device.

And Flex Effect has numerous mouth exercises, which will undoubtedly get you a better result.

But for people that want to spend less money, or cannot devote the time to Flex Effect, I would say that Facial Flex is much better than doing nothing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
thanks mpstat and Bethany! I see what you mean that it is comparable to the mouth flex advanced. Didn't think of it that way. Guess I'll skip it. Just finished my round of Flex Effect exercises - In the last three weeks I've only missed one time. I'm so into it - can't wait for you to try Bethany and let me/us know what you think.
Toby has had remarkable results - she inspired me! And to use skinactives too. (Still love KH products - cleanser, eye cream is the BEST and VK2).
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
Any facial exercising is better then doing nothing. It does require time to invest, but then payoff well worth it!
FitFifty
5% products discount

Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:07 am      Reply with quote
Can one of you Facial Flex users please tell me if you need to anchor the device with your teeth?
I tried the Flex Away, but that one's not for anyone with dental problems. You have to clamp it down with your teeth, and mine, along with my gums, were killing me!
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
FitFifty wrote:
Can one of you Facial Flex users please tell me if you need to anchor the device with your teeth?
I tried the Flex Away, but that one's not for anyone with dental problems. You have to clamp it down with your teeth, and mine, along with my gums, were killing me!

Hi FitFifty,
No, the Facial Flex is held in place at the corners of your mouth and doesn't come in contact with your teeth at all Smile
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
Although I have not used the Flex Effect I have been doing similar Face exercises for over 5 years. There is no doubt at all to me that my jowl line has been improving over the past 5 years (a feat because I'm 52 now).
I do not have any wrinkles just a very few fine lines.

I think those that see bad effects either have brittle skin from smoking or bad diet, are doing the exercises incorrectly or just have an ax to grind.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:43 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

StriVectin Repair & Protect Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Osea Ocean Lotion (180 ml / 6 floz) Skin Biology Protect & Restore High Retinol and Oil of Lavender - Large (113.4 g / 4 oz)