Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anyone use Susan Posnick Mineral Foundation?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
I was wondering if anyone uses Susan Posnick mineral powder foundation and her concealer and if so what your expericnce has been.
havana8

Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
I tried it last year but ended up not being able to use it due to the inclusion of bismuth oxychloride. That aside, the brush dispenser was convenient and worked flawlessly, although I'd have to say that I was disappointed with the quality of the brush which was stiff. On the plus side, I needed very little of the product for decent coverage and the finish seemed nice. Oh! And it is SPF 26.

If you didn't want to spend the money for the brush dispenser, the refill is a lot less expensive and comes in a glass vial with a screw top lid that could easily be transferred to a more convenient container.

The ColorCorrect stick is a chubby, double-sided, highly pigmented concealer pencil that contains 2 colours, one slightly darker/lighter than the other. The packaging says it can be used to "brighten under eyes and inside corners of eyes, to highlight cheekbones and brow bones, to soften the lines from nose to mouse" and, of course, as a concealer.

I don't remember much else about it as I misplaced or lost it shortly after I purchased it. Rolling Eyes All I have left is the empty packaging! Laughing

ColorFlo Mineral Foundation
Active Ingredients: micronized titanium dioxide (6%), micronized zinc oxide (6%)
Other Ingredients: iron oxides, boron nitride, bismuth oxychloride, superoxide dimutase, vitamin A (retinyl palmitate), vitamin E (tocopheryl acetate), mica

ColorCorrect
Ingredients: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica, petrolatum, isopropyl palmitate, castor oil, carnauba wax, butyl stearate, candelilla wax, beeswax, ceresin, synthetic wax, microcrystalline wax, talc, stearyl heptanoate, polyethylene, stearyl caprylate, methylparaben, propylparaben, bht.

HTHs!

p.s. I think I remember reading a few positive reviews on MUA
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks havana8, I have been using the Susan Posnick foundation and really like it. I bought just a refill as you said and have applying it with a brush. It does have bismuth which made me just slightly itchy for the first couple of days but no problems after that. If I get it again I will go down a shade and buy the brush dispenser that goes with the product. I like the concealer too, but I am as fickle with concealer as I am with eye cream and I've already purchased another concealer that is in the mail on the way to me. I do like using the light end of the concealer as a highlighter too, that works really well. I put some under my brows and across the tops of my cheeks and my cheeks were more well-defined. The foundation powder is very finely milled and seeps right into the skin and fills pores nicely. I usually apply the foundation with a brush then wipe off the excess with the JI sponge, which is a really great sponge by the way. All in all I like the foundation, I would say it is the best MMU I've tried (others I've tried include JI, BE, Laura Mercier) and it does not look cakey on me. If I get a little crepey under the eyes I wipe them with the sponge and everything is fine. I would repurchase the foundation. I like the concealer too and highly receommend them both!
havana8

Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hey! EDS has Susan Posnick now...

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/susan-posnick-beauty-make-up.htm
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |