Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
SKIN CULTURE PEEL HAS LIGHTENED MY SKIN!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
londongirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
i am so happy my skin has been lightened by a two shades
how i know this because for one it looks lighter and i thought perhaps it was my mind playing tricks on me but i used my becca foundation and and put a stripe of colour down my cheek and there is a clear line where the foundation is its really obvious so much so i think i will have to use that foundation as i contour for the cheeks

only downside now my already darker shade neck to me stands out even more! Shock

my peeled skin looks bright and luminous but not ''bleached'' looking
Nero
5% products discount

Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

Last week I tired the Obagi range and I broke out into hives. Its been a week since my break out and Im still suffering.

I beleive I had an alergic reaction from the Hydroquinone.

I am of a Sri Lankan decent and have been looking into brightening my skin. I do not have any hyperpigementation. My concerned areas were the darkening of my chin and me forehead and I was hoping to achieve an overall tone.

Since you've had a great results -Im keep for your input and maybe even suggestions on other products.

Im looking into Lumedia at present.
Nero
5% products discount

Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

Last week I tired the Obagi range and I broke out into hives. Its been a week since my break out and Im still suffering.

I beleive I had an alergic reaction from the Hydroquinone.

I am of a Sri Lankan decent and have been looking into brightening my skin. I do not have any hyperpigementation. My concerned areas were the darkening of my chin and me forehead and I was hoping to achieve an overall tone.

Since you've had a great results -Im keep for your input and maybe even suggestions on other products.

Im looking into Lumedia at present.
londongirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
oh wow sorry to hear that breaking out into hives scary!

i have just started the obagi serum myself hope i dont have any problems Confused

my current shade of foundation is chesnut by Becca
i will go into the store next week and see what shade they will give me this time

i also have the lumedia the one without hydro in it i have listed all the products i will be using in another thread on here
i liked the texture of that one not sure if i remember seeing a real difference but now i have done my peel i will try it and see

i would try ella bache it worked for me on certain areas not for really really darkened skin by areas that arent to bad i think it worked very well

also try vitamin c that really works at brightening the skins apperance

i have used the skinculture peel before but didnt find that my skin lightened but i do belive like it says that its taking my skin back to its original colour
i had a awful incident with a hydroquinnoe product fair light or skin light i cant remeber now but it peeled my skin and just made my skin raw and then eventually darker! Mad
Nero
5% products discount

Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
May I ask what background you are?

I was born in Sri Lanka but now live in OZ.

I do know the colour ranges for Becca but I use MAC NC50.

I hope you too do not have any breakout but I hear that Obagi is one of the strongest ranges- so be careful. I ordered the C-Rx Serum and the cleansing gel. Only used it one time and that was it for me....still itching. lol

Like you- I do not want to lighten my skin but want my natural glow back. I just turned 30 and after having endured some difficult times and stress in my life and working full time behind the comp has certainly taken its toll on my skin. I would be happy if my skin would go back to the way it was in my early 20's.

Currently Ive been using Oil Of Ulay daily skin generating serum and a lotion from Makari. Its Hydroquinone free and it seems to be OK for the week Ive been using. I actually see a difference but to be honest I dont know which product is working as I am using both. hehe
londongirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
i am black carribean http://www.beccacosmetics.com/COMPLEXION-Foundations-&-Concealers/c3_10/p15/Stick-Foundation/product_info.html

you can see the colour there

i definetly am not intrested in looking bleached with a funny pink tone to the skin no way!

the serum i dont know if i should try it on my neck?
i have a body euroko maybe i should use that instead its hydro free?

i have dark spots from a BAD tca peel so thats why im using all these products to hopefully see a change before i go to a dermatologist

i have also heard lots of good things about nucelle that contains mandelic acid and on alot of forums i have seen alot of darker skin people say it worked really well for them in blancing the skin tone

i know what you mean about using all these products and not knowing which one is the one working!lol

but i do think that to get the best results you need to layer different ingredients

if you have a spare week where you arent required to work or see anyone then the skin culture peel is defintely worth a shot

http://www.skinculture.com/
Nero
5% products discount

Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
If I was you- I would do a test maybe on your arm and then go ahead with the serum.

I had only applied the tiniest amount to my shin and look what happend to me?

Never used to beleive I was senstive to anything but boy did I prove myself wrong. So its wise to do a patch test.

Do you think I should go ahead with Lumedia?

Ive had some friends whove tirend Proactiv and its helped thier skin become one tone. But im unsure about Proactiv as I do not suffer fron Acne...so not sure if its the thing for me.

Im wondering if Skin culutre will ship to Australia? Ive never tired a peel or anything of that kind....will have to read more on it.

Will now look into Nucelle.

You should look into Makari
londongirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
are you using the lumedia facial brightener?

i used that and the lumedia age spots i found the age spots one did work at lightening it took a couple weeks though

i would use the lumedia and see but i dont think its going to even the darkness it will just make your skin appear brighter not lighter

i put the obagi serum on the patches that i have that are on my inside arm i have done that today and so far no reaction

what are the ingredients in makari ever used i used that fair and white stuff i dont tend to use those other kind of products

you can use hydrocortisone cream to calm down the skin

i wouldnt waste time using proactive try vitamin c glycolic/latic acid or try nucelle some people use retin a as well

but you have to use a high spf i use a spf 30
londongirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
i done a check on the lumedia age psots and that contains hydro in it...so stay clear of that one if you was thinking of using it seen as how you had such a bad reaction the first time

its funny how lumedia dont advertise that it contains hydro! Mad
Nero
5% products discount

Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for looking into things for me.

I did read that Age Spot from Lumedia does contain Hydroquinon but not the Ludmedia skin brightening lotion...am I right? I hope so cause thats what Im leaning towards.

I would give it 24 hours before I would try it else where on the body.

I tried the serum and the cleanser about 7pm on a Wed night and I broke out in hives at 2am on Thu.

Im sure you will be OK...we are all different and out body make up is different. Wink
londongirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:08 am      Reply with quote
i didnt know it contained hydro not that i have a problem with it but i would like to know what i am using on my skin and decide for myself but i guess that would explain why i did see a improvement in the dark patches

you are right the brightener doesnt contain hydro ...i dont really know whats in it though that ''brightens'' the skin?

it does say on the obagi box the side effects that can happen when using it so you are not alone in that aspect of seeing the bad side of hydro

i have just used it on the arm so far... it took within 10 hours for you to expereince a bad reaction i will see how i do
im praying nothing will happen as i need to treat this pigmentation BADLY!
Nero
5% products discount

Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ...wondering how u r going and if it all went ok.....hopefully u didnt have any reactions.

As for me its been two weeks and my hives have still not cleared up. Sad
londongirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
oh my word seriously 2 weeks!!! have you been to the dr

the obagi was fine havent had a reaction i have seen a improvement i think but will keep on using it the mind can play tricks on you when you want it that bad Laughing
Nero
5% products discount

Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
thats great! i was so disappointed that i reacted to the hyrdoquine.

went to gp, dermatologist and went to do a skin allergy test too...no one was able to say that it DEF was the hyrdoquine which had caused it but it was the only thing which I had used which was new...oh well.

Still looking into products which I can use...someone suggested DDF Holistic lightener....and still want to look into Mama lotion and lumedia...there are so many varieties out there I jsut dunno wot to get and wots going to work!
londongirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
on the leaflet they do say you can get a reaction but its mostly caused byt one of the other ingredients i cant remeber the name now....but im not disputing that it could be the hydro as well
londongirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
ella bache does great lightening range as well i would try that i havent started the nucelle yet im waiting on my peel to come

i would try using an active on your skin though you will see improvements with it im sure
Nero
5% products discount

Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
hmm....was it something starting with sodium m....?
I think i remeber reading that ..but it only indicates that its in the night cream and not the serum....i dunno...i give up. Its been very depressing and Ive been down about it.

I jsut wanted smth to help my skin out....jsut like the way the fair skiined ppl want to tan thier skin I wanted something to help my skin be brighter...guess we are never happy with wot we have huh?

Staff at Nucelle have been great and they've emailed me...still look into other things....did u say Nucelle worked on dark skin??
londongirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
yeah nucelle is the practically the same ingredients you can get nucelle in higher strengths as well

you have to use gloves with it i have heard about the peeling hands not a cute look Laughing
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:49 am      Reply with quote
What did you use to lightened by two shades?

londongirl wrote:
i am so happy my skin has been lightened by a two shades
how i know this because for one it looks lighter and i thought perhaps it was my mind playing tricks on me but i used my becca foundation and and put a stripe of colour down my cheek and there is a clear line where the foundation is its really obvious so much so i think i will have to use that foundation as i contour for the cheeks

only downside now my already darker shade neck to me stands out even more! Shock

my peeled skin looks bright and luminous but not ''bleached'' looking
TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I'd like to know which brand the skin culture is from also.
londongirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
i used the skin culture peel 4000 it lightened my skin to where it was years ago befofe i used the dreaded fair and white which darkened me and made me peel like a snake!!!
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:25 am      Reply with quote
londongirl wrote:
i used the skin culture peel 4000 it lightened my skin to where it was years ago befofe i used the dreaded fair and white which darkened me and made me peel like a snake!!!

Londongirl, is this a peel you do at home by yourself or is it done at a spa? Also, are you still using this and if so, how is your skin now?
londongirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
hi im not using it anymore and my skin is the same tone i got 4000

I dont think its all that great for dark spots unless you do a course

but it did lighten my skin back to its original shade b4 i used a horrible product
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |