Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Favorite "tissue off" cleanser?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SylphideNoir
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:38 am      Reply with quote
I hate putting water on my face. I prefer to use cleansers I don't have to rinse off. Can anyone put in their recommendations, or lines they know carry a tissue off cleanser?

ETA: No Cetaphil please Wink
ch3r
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:04 am      Reply with quote
ime, "tissue off" cleansers tend to leave a residue on the skin. its usually necessary to wash it off.

nonetheless, what kind of skin do you have?
SylphideNoir
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:28 am      Reply with quote
Well a good cleanser of that type takes the residue into account. I know through trial and error that rinse-less cleansers really do work for me. It isn't something I've just decided I want to try. My skin is delicate but not extremely sensitive.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:07 am      Reply with quote
Albolene is great. I wipe it off with a warm washcloth.
ch3r
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:07 am      Reply with quote
SylphideNoir wrote:
Well a good cleanser of that type takes the residue into account.

well yes, that is true of *any* cleanser, not just "tissue off" cleansers. i have clog-prone skin, so i'm really sensitive to anything that is left on my skin...and it is pretty rare for me to find a good cleanser that can remove makeup and sunscreen all in one step and not clog my pores...that has been especially true of tissue off cleansers, they either leave the ss behind or leave its own reside, but that's just my own experience.

i haven't tried it, but la roche posay Toleriane Dermo-Cleanser is a wipe off cleanser that is supposedly very good for sensitive skin.
sgresnic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:18 am      Reply with quote
SylphideNoir wrote:
I hate putting water on my face. I prefer to use cleansers I don't have to rinse off. Can anyone put in their recommendations, or lines they know carry a tissue off cleanser?

ETA: No Cetaphil please Wink

I'm amazed at how many people hate Cetaphil and how much I love it...
sgresnic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:31 am      Reply with quote
p.s. just was doing a search for something else and found a "no water" cleanser listed. I haven't used it, but here's something to consider http://www.zenbiotic.com/DEEP%20CLEANSERS.htm

ImageThe Rinseless Cleanser cleans your skin just like the Face & Body Cleanser but without the need for water! It rids the skin of dirt and bacteria without leaving a residue. Furthermore, it is gentle, does not dry skin but leaves skin oxygenated, preparing it for other nourishing formulations.
SylphideNoir
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
Well Decleor, Sothys, Thomas Roth and some other lines in the spa carry them so I've got some new products to try out.
Thank you for the Zenbiotic peek too.
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
For rinse-free cleansers, my two favorites are Decleor Cleansing Water during the warmer months (www.essentialdayspa.com/decleor-cleansing-water-f-p_1148.htm ), and Carita Lotion Nacrée Cleansing and Refreshing Lotion during the winter ( http://us.caritadirect.com/product_Lotion+Nacr%E9e+Cleansing+and+Refreshing+Lotion_8470.htm ). Both perform well and completely remove all make-up, yet do not leave any noticeable residue on my skin. The Carita cleanser is particularly nice because it happens to be a 3-in-1 product that removes eye makeup, gently cleanses the face and regulates the skin’s natural pH level. Sadly, it's just too expensive for me at $47.00 a bottle (I stumbled across a sale before Xmas and picked up a few bottles for $19.99 each). If the price was more affordable, I'd be recommending this cleanser to everyone (especially those with dry, sensitive skin!).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
sgresnic wrote:
p.s. just was doing a search for something else and found a "no water" cleanser listed. I haven't used it, but here's something to consider http://www.zenbiotic.com/DEEP%20CLEANSERS.htm

ImageThe Rinseless Cleanser cleans your skin just like the Face & Body Cleanser but without the need for water! It rids the skin of dirt and bacteria without leaving a residue. Furthermore, it is gentle, does not dry skin but leaves skin oxygenated, preparing it for other nourishing formulations.

I LOVE this product! Love it. It is a total must-have for me, and I use it every day. It's so easy to use--- just spray on, spread with your fingers, and then wipe off with cotton, and it leaves absolutely NO residue. I seriously cannot be without it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
sgresnic wrote:

I LOVE this product! Love it. It is a total must-have for me, and I use it every day. It's so easy to use--- just spray on, spread with your fingers, and then wipe off with cotton, and it leaves absolutely NO residue. I seriously cannot be without it.

This looks interesting. Does it remove ss without problems? That is generally the problem for me. That stubborn ss!
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
ch3r wrote:
manslayerliz wrote:
sgresnic wrote:

This looks interesting. Does it remove ss without problems? That is generally the problem for me. That stubborn ss!

I've never had any problems, however, I *do* use the Zenbiotic SS which washes off pretty easily anyway. Usually I use this Rinseless Cleanser first thing in the morning, and then I wash my face full yat night using my Clarisonic. However, I sometimes use this stuff after I get home so my skin can "breathe" for a few hours. HTH!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
what about dove's?
but i would like to know how you would do when you have a shower?
wrap your face with a hat?
Embarassed
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:38 am      Reply with quote
Living Nature has a nice milky cleanser, also Juice Beauty...
SylphideNoir
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks ScotsLas, I was looking at the decleor cleansers and think I'll definitely try theirs.

Thank you also, Manslayerliz and Londonfan

Felinehhy: I'm not neurotic about not getting my face wet. I don't do anything to prevent getting my face wet in the shower I just don't like splashing water on my face everyday to clean it. Just a preference, not a phobia or anything like it.
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:15 am      Reply with quote
Pounds has one of that cleanser. I am sorry I forgot the name but I know it's so good.
SylphideNoir
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
The Pond's cleansing cloths? I've used them and found they are actually very nice and effective.
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:57 am      Reply with quote
Vichy has a very nice cleanser called Calming Cleansing Solution. It looks like water but you use it to tissue off your make-up. Even if you don't use it for your whole face I find it works great as an eye make-up remover.
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
SylphideNoir wrote:
Thanks ScotsLas, I was looking at the decleor cleansers and think I'll definitely try theirs.

You're welcome, SylphideNoir. I am quite happy with the Decleor Cleansing Water, but think it is the only one in the line that is rinse-free. The others require water, I believe.

Oh, another rinse-free cleanser that I like to use specifically when I travel (as it helps to reduce the amount of liquid products I carry with me), is L'Oreal Hydra Cleansing Cloths for Face & Eye & Dry & Sensitive Skin. They are effective for gently removing my eye make-up and do not leave my skin feeling dry or irritated or greasy (cloths are alcohol-free). I'm not certain if this product is still available though, as I bought a supply quite a while ago and have not had to replenish it yet. Thought I'd mention it in case you're interested in cleansing cloths, in addition to rinse-free liquid cleansers.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
stardust wrote:
Vichy has a very nice cleanser called Calming Cleansing Solution. It looks like water but you use it to tissue off your make-up. Even if you don't use it for your whole face I find it works great as an eye make-up remover.

I like this one too. Bioderma Sensibio is another good one.
SylphideNoir
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't tried the Vichy line. I'll have to do that now! Laughing
higig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:35 am      Reply with quote
Can you use purpose gentle cleansing wash?
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
I heard Clarins Water Comfort no rinse cleansing water is good.....
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |