Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Chi vsT3 straightening irons
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lynnec
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
I'm on the hunt for a new ceramic straightening iron. I've heard good things about both Chi and T3 brands. Do any of you have any experience with either of them, or any other recommendations?
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
My neice has the Chi and shes done my hair 3 times and her hair all the time. She said before she purchased the Chi, she tried 4 other cheaper models from Conair, Revlon (& I forget the other two brand names)and was so displeased with all of them until she went to her hairdresser who ordered the Chi for her. All I can say is that my hair alwaays looks fantastic whenever its straightened with the Chi iron. NOO FRIZZ, even when it rains.
mamawalnut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
I have the Chi flat iron and it is awesome! It really does smooth and straighten hair as well as everybody says it does. I've had mine close to a year now and it is still as effective as the day I bought it.

That said, I also have a T3 tourmaline curling iron and it does a wonderful job giving smooth, shiny, frizz-free curls so I can imagine that the T3 straightening iron would be great as well.

A good place to check for lots of reviews on flat irons iswww.folica.com

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:05 am      Reply with quote
I use the T3 dryer and curling iron and I love them. I also bring my curling to my stylist when I get the odd updo and she really loved it and was surprised how well it curled, shiny curls and how well they held their shape. She usually uses the cheap Babyliss tools. My straightener is the Solia one which was given the best reviews in Allure magazine. By the products herewww.folica.com as you will find it the cheapest.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:30 am      Reply with quote
My hairdresser just told me that she saw authentic Chi straightening irons on sale at Costco for $70! So that's definitely going to be on my shopping list next time I'm bulk-buying kitty litter and toilet paper. Laughing

She was using a different brand on me, but when I asked her for a recommendation she said she thought the Chi was definitely the right choice. The one she had, for professionals, heated up even higher, but she said it was REALLY easy to burn yourself with it, and I'm quite burn-prone! She said it's also easy to burn your hair with it, so I should stick to the Chi which still gets very hot, but not crazy-hot.

And for $70 instead of their normal retail price, I'm all over that. I know some people on Folica have complained about a fuse blowing out, etc. but I think you can send them back to Chi and get them fixed. And I'll just keep my crappy drugstore straighteners for repair times (and for international travel -- apparently other voltages will fry your Chi, so be careful!).

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
lynnec
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the help ladies! From what I've read here, and on a few other sites I'll definitely be getting a Chi.
blackmamba
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
I don't like T3. I used the Chi for two years and liked it. My favorite though is GHD. It doesn't fry my hair and leaves it shiny and silky. I found it lasts longer than my Chi did and the ends are smoother with the GHD. You can get the GHD off of Sephora. I wouldn't use any other one! lol
jacquelinetunsta

Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:48 am      Reply with quote
Best I have ever used is the -- Very Happy
emmaackermann
5% products discount

Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:38 am      Reply with quote
I am personally using Chi straightening iron brand for my hairs and I found superb results because of its unmatched durability that I never found in any other. Chi straightening iron works really well on curly and frizzy hair and giving you a smooth and silky shine hair.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |