Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

WORST BODY SCRUB
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
londongirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:00 am      Reply with quote
mine is MD formulations face and body scrub...i should have know to be honest any scrub that can be used on your face is not enough for your body

however even when i did use it on my face i still had dry flaky skin! its sooooo runny in texture as well and the so called grains dont do anything my skin didnt improve one bit

ok rant over Laughing
Ariel

Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
Dermologica makes a scrub called SkinPrep~~~so good! Gets your face very clean, mix it with their cleanser and do this in the shower, just easier to remove that way!
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:58 am      Reply with quote
This ball shaped, dark brown scrub by Ojon. It's huge and very awkward to use. You end up getting this brown sludge all over everything. It looks like brown" you know what"!!
pellie
5% products discount

Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
doohicus, that sounds awful! I don't like the salt scrubs, they burn Sad I got this scrub for Christmas that is from the Dead Sea, well it says it is from the dead sea, probably just salt Exclamation It has these essential oils in it and when you use it it is like a layer of grease that is left on your skin, nasty Shock
Camelia
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:36 am      Reply with quote
Anything with large crystals like those large glass spa looking jars that look great sitting on the side of the tub but in all reality are just rock salt mixed with essential oils. I hate to feel oily when I get out of the shower.

My personal worst was one from Claudalie I'm afraid. Thankfully I had a sample and I was repulsed on inhalation and couldn't bring myself to wash with it, it smelt like fermented, sweaty wine. Truly awful.
I like anything with tiny sand like granules that really buff the shoulders and make them gleam afterwards. The St Tropez tan remover is a good one because it buffs enough to remove a fake tan so it does the job really well on oily skin like mine. Althoug I'm not too keen on the strong odour nor their fake tan line.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:43 am      Reply with quote
The worst one I've tried so far is from H2O+ salt scrub line. I don't remember its exact name. It was so greasy yet didn't feel moisturizing and the texture was so coarse I thought it was gonna shred my skin to bits.

Unlike Camelia, I love Caudalie scrub. At least the one I've tried anyway (Crushed Cabernet Scrub). I agree it doesn't smell nice, but it really does scrub well and leaves my skin so nice and soft without feeling greasy. It's definitely one of my most favorites. Other favorites are Juara Invigorating Coffee Scrub, Origins Paradise Found, Origins Spice Odyssey and Bliss Vanilla + Bergamot.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
I bought a few of the Bella Lucce Scrubs a while back, they all smelt delicious but I couldn't stand using them. They left my skin so greasy and oily afterwards and not in a good way. I felt as if I needed another shower after using them.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
MAC volcanic ash
It left my skin feeling smooth, but any were I had any type of wrinkle in my skin like the lines on the inside of my hands, elbows, feet, in between fingers etc, it left a black tinge so i looked dirty! The scrub looks like black tar but is not a bad exfoliator- but make sure you wash really really really well with soap and wash cloth after you use it.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:54 am      Reply with quote
I completely disagree with you. I got a free forum gift size from EDS and I find the product really really good. It is too bad, it did not work, for sure it worked for me. My skin is even better!

The bad news is that I am almost finish with this MD facial face and body scrub and I asked EDS customer service if they sell this, but they don't to Canadian customers, only to USA customers.

Why not try it again Smile

londongirl wrote:
mine is MD formulations face and body scrub...i should have know to be honest any scrub that can be used on your face is not enough for your body

however even when i did use it on my face i still had dry flaky skin! its sooooo runny in texture as well and the so called grains dont do anything my skin didnt improve one bit

ok rant over Laughing
Jenny1970
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:28 am      Reply with quote
I really don't like the Body Shop body scrubs, they're highly overrated for the price
renee.marsh@bigpond.com
5% products discount

Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:17 am      Reply with quote
I don't use a body scrub as such - I bought these brilliant exfoliating towels from The BodyShop and use that with my Sothys Energising Shower Gel - brilliant!
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:54 am      Reply with quote
I love the Sanctuary Salt scrub but have really found that body brushing is a natural exfoliation process for me, and makes the circulation and skin feel really nice.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:47 am      Reply with quote
My worst one was a homemade scrub I bought froma crafts market outside Brisbane Australia--the oil in it was rancid!! I guess most aging ex-hippies have lost their sense of smell...
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:49 am      Reply with quote
Jenny1970 wrote:
I really don't like the Body Shop body scrubs, they're highly overrated for the price

I agree ..
zansville
5% products discount

Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
I just started using Dr. Brandt's Microdermabrasion for the Body, and absolutely love it. I'm also a big fan of Bliss' Eucalyptus Hot Salt Scrub.

NOT a fan of St. Eve's Apricot Scrubs - the scrubby things are way to big, and they hurt!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |