Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Jane Iredale Pressed Powder and Moonglow Bronzer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
xtaski
5% products discount

Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:20 am      Reply with quote
I am thinking about buying these two products but am unsure of the colors. As far as the pressed powder goes I have the amber pressed powder now and I feel it is too light. I normally wear a light to medium beige in everyday minerals (or my new favorite, a combo of winged butter and light olive). Is anybody familiar with this color? Maybe I should stay with the amber and bump it up with the moonglow bronzer.

Has anybody tried the bronzer? I realize it has some sparkle which I normally hate but others have assured me it is a very nice and not over powering. I do not want to look like a hooker nor a teenager.

Can anyone offer suggestions on both?
Urbnengineer
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
I wish I could offer more detailed help here, but I use Jane Iredale in Warm Silk and I also know I match the second to lightest BE and PurMinerals, if that helps. I just got a kit from EDM and I'll let you know if any of the colors match to help. There are many colors for Jane Iredale in Warm, Neutral and Cool, and if you're ordering samples, I know it's easiest to start with a neutral and see if it's too yellow or too pink and choose cool for more yellow and warm for more pink...but again, not sure. I just ordered Moonglow from EDS and I'll let you know what I think when it arrives. HTH!
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
OOh I have wanted to try the moonglow for a long time. Pleae post a review on the color and illuminating abilities of the product..if there are any...shall I say..the "glow"..Perfect time to get a bronzer as summer is around the corner.
Urbnengineer
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered it a few days ago and it should arrive by the end of next week, so I'll let you know. I'm hoping to use it for a formal event next weekend...I hope it comes in time!
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
Just a tip for you next order. If you up your postings to 50 or so, you will be eligible to receive 10% off!!! I just made it to 250 postings, therefore attaining 15%off my orders.

EDS does offer faster shipping, just to let you know. I paid $14 for a one day delivery!!!!
Urbnengineer
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, except I must be farther away from EDS because I asked them about expidited shipping and they said it'd be like $45!! Yikes! At that rate, I'd be better off ordering it from somewhere that charges more but can do 2 day shipping.
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
Congrats!! I see you made the 50 post mark, with 10%off!! That sure adds up when you check out, and keeps you as a loyal customer. I used to shop on line at other locations in Cananda and the US, yet with a discount here on similar or the same items its unbeatable.

I understand the shipping expense, most of the time I ship with the $5 charge and get it in 3 days...YIPPIE!!
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:36 am      Reply with quote
I've never tried the bronzer, but I use JI PurePressed (JIPP) in Light Beige. The color is perfect for me: I'm fair skinned with a French/Irish complexion; I look best in cool tones and usually buy the second or third light-colored shade in other foundations' range. Hope this helps.

xtaski wrote:
I am thinking about buying these two products but am unsure of the colors. As far as the pressed powder goes I have the amber pressed powder now and I feel it is too light. I normally wear a light to medium beige in everyday minerals (or my new favorite, a combo of winged butter and light olive). Is anybody familiar with this color? ...

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:43 am      Reply with quote
I was debating to get this also, but I held off since I couldn't find any reviews on this one.
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
I just found out that JI just took the bismuch oxide out of their produts!! YIPPIE!! Think I will order the Moon glow bronzer after all!!!
Urbnengineer
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
I got my Moonglow Bronzer from EDS on Saturday and I got to try it out today. It was wonderful! I love the subtle glow (I just used all four colors together first) and I think you can build it however you want. the colors could also be used separately as lip/blush/eye colors as well as an all over glow. I am headed to a formal even this weekend and I'm glad I have it with me.
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
What shade/color does it appear on the skin, or is it too subtle to tell?? I am curious? Since you also wear warm silk then the color must be okay on my skin as well.

Thanks for the input...one more item to buy..
Urbnengineer
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
It does have a little bit of a golden tinge to it, in the right light. So at least you can see the little 24K gold flecks you pay for. It does NOT however look like a "night out at the club" kind of gold...it's VERY subtle. I have to say it's mostly just a little like a "warmth" type effect, no real specific color, just a little "sunkissed" type effect. You're right Felix, since I use Warm Silk it should work for you. I paired it with Raspberry lip gloss and "Pink Bliss" eyeshadow trio, all from JI and it was a pretty nice overall look! I am going to start playing with the different quadrants now to see what each one can do.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
Urbnengineer wrote:
It does have a little bit of a golden tinge to it, in the right light. So at least you can see the little 24K gold flecks you pay for. It does NOT however look like a "night out at the club" kind of gold...it's VERY subtle. I have to say it's mostly just a little like a "warmth" type effect, no real specific color, just a little "sunkissed" type effect. You're right Felix, since I use Warm Silk it should work for you. I paired it with Raspberry lip gloss and "Pink Bliss" eyeshadow trio, all from JI and it was a pretty nice overall look! I am going to start playing with the different quadrants now to see what each one can do.

Would you happen to know if purchasing 24K Gold powder gives a very subtle golden glow? It's hard to tell on EDS
Urbnengineer
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
I would say that it does. If you wanted it to be really golden, I think you could put more on until you get the look you want. Also, there are 4 different colors, so one might look better on your skin than another. Overall though, I think that's exactly what it does...it's an allover golden glow!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
I'm getting more interested in this! I hope it can work well for very pale skin
Urbnengineer
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
I tend to use the second lightest shade of most foundations...so I have pretty light skin. I used sandy fair in Everyday Minerals and the second lightest PurMinerals and BE and Warm Silk in Jane Iredale. I think it generally works with all skincolors as long as you blend it correctly or use the quadrants that work for you.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
Does Moonglow come with a brush? If not, what type of brush are you using with it?
nibn
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
I'm also interested in this! is it drying , My skin is mostly dehydrated
Urbnengineer
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using a "blush brush" type brush, soft with big long hair bristles from Clinique, but I think a bronzer/bloush brush from Target or whatever would work as well.

As for drying, I haven't found it to be particularly drying as I have it on top of my moisturizer, and foundation. It's a very subtle glow...not like a true bronzer.

HTH!
Urbnengineer
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
Also, I'd warn that it kinda settles into any blemishes/wrinkles, so be careful around eyes or over a blemish. I wore it to a formal event this weekend and it was really nice!
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi Urbnengineer

So you wouldnt advise anyone with acne to use this bronzer?
I'm thinking of buying this bronzer along with some JI eyeshadows on my next order Confused

Thanks!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
yeahyeah,

I would just be careful not to put too much of it on a textured area of your face (like a bump from a blemish) because then you'll be highlighting the texture. You can also use it on your neck bones and even shoulders, so it's useful even if you have acne, but I would warn against highlighting the uneven texture of skin with it. Does that make sense? HTH!
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Urbnengineer

Thanks for your reply! Its really helpful and I totally understand what you mean cos sometimes my MMU looks gross on my acne.
I'm definately gonna give this bronzer a try!

Thanks!

Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |