Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Cupping - For Skin Tightening!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:51 am      Reply with quote
Eleni wrote:
.... I use a little device called vaculifter, but plain cupping glasses work as well. The French have a "Well-Box" designed for the same purpose - not so cheap, but it works. Wink
I searched on Wellbox and it looks like a substantial expensive device. It uses the same Cupping - vacuume massage principle, could be used on entire body as well as on a face. http://www.wellboxusa.com/home.html

There are several good reviews on the results, and it is sold at Brookstone: http://www.brookstone.com/sl/product/790-wellbox-lipo-massage-machine.html

Does anyone have experience/thoughts on Wellbox?
havana8

Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:33 am      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
Eleni wrote:
.... I use a little device called vaculifter, but plain cupping glasses work as well. The French have a "Well-Box" designed for the same purpose - not so cheap, but it works. Wink
I searched on Wellbox and it looks like a substantial expensive device. It uses the same Cupping - vacuume massage principle, could be used on entire body as well as on a face. http://www.wellboxusa.com/home.html

There are several good reviews on the results, and it is sold at Brookstone: http://www.brookstone.com/sl/product/790-wellbox-lipo-massage-machine.html

Does anyone have experience/thoughts on Wellbox?

Here's one review:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=21615&highlight=wellbox
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
I love this site!!! But as I keep on reading posts I discover more products and gadgets that I wish I could buy. Sigh Sad
Isn't there an American made Vaculift or the equivalent? The cupping I've seen on U-Tube don't seem like they would be effective.
edithsz
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
Reporting back on my panasonic pore cleanser experience. The pore cleanser probably does not do much for cupping either other than made my skin a bit reddish and I would think that it does not have the suction power to do much good.
edithsz
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
Bellezza, I feel the same way like you. Every time I come on here I purchase something new. Just got a set of 6 cupping system.
edithsz
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
I got the cupping system and it works fine on the body, I just wonder how to use it on the face Rolling Eyes
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
edithsz,

Which cupping system did you get? Did you get a system made for the face? If not, I would think regular cups would be too big for the face.

I ordered from:
http://www.massagecupping.com/equipmentandproducts.htm (oops, as of now this site has to renew it's option and the link is not current)
The facial cupping kit came very quickly with an extra set of cups (just in case) and came with instructions for use and also 2 facial diagrams (sorry I don't have a scanner so I can't post). If I have time, I'll type up the instructions -- they are quite long.

The squeeze device is to be used for facial cupping. The extractor device is not to be used except for scars (which they don't really go into).

Note, the other website that sells this kit is still current:
http://www.ib3health.com/products/SuctionCupping/FacialCupping.shtml

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
Lunarmm,
thanks for your reply.
This is the set that I've got. Hope the link works.

http://www.ib3health.com/products/SuctionCupping/Magnetic6.shtml

I got this one as I wanted larger cups too for the body, but there are at least 3 cups(the 3 smallest ones) that can be used on the face in this set. Each cup came with magnetic needles. Not much instruction though in there other than how the whole thing is functioning.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
edithsz,

I don't think you will be able to use these cups for the face since the descriptions say that the "magnetic "needles" (strength 2000 ~ 2500 gauss) apply a continuous, spring-adjusted pressure on the skin when installed." With the facial cupping kit, the instructions state that part of the procedure is to use the squeeze pump part (in the facial kit) to do a suction/release process.

Here are the instructions (long) that came with the facial cupping kit. They refer to numbered sections of a facial diagram that was included - I am unable to scan this diagram and post:

Apply the facial oil to the skin (oil containing essential oils is not recommended as the strength may may degrade the plastic of the cups). Note: by the way, the website I ordered from said a facial cupping kit with glass cups would be coming out "soon"

Quote:
1. Turn the face to the side. Begin at the base of the ear and move down the neck and across the bottom of the clavicle using a suction/release method. Do the three passes in the group (1) area and repeat the pattern three times.

2. Begin low underneath the chin and glide over to the jaw at the base of the ear. Move up and do the next two glides (the third should be just under the jaw line). Repeat the pattern three times. Pick up what was deposited from group (2) at the base of the ear and drain down the neck using suction / release method.

3. Turn the face forward, and begin gliding drainage from the chin over to the side of the face. Do the three glides in the group (3) section, repeat three times. Drain down the side of the face and down the neck using suction / release.

4. Change to the small elongaged cup or smallest round cup. Work over the upper lip and pause over any lines or indentations to lift. Finish with a long glide to the side of the face. Repeat three times. Group (4).

5. Switch back to the large cup. This section begins at the bottom end of the nostril and glides across the face to the side. The second movement begins with a pause over the sinus - either "park it" or "pump it", then continue with a glide to the side. Finish with the third glide of the (5) section, and repeat three times. Finish with drainage down the side of the face, down the neck and across the clavicle.

6. Move to the point just between the eyes, and hold with suction to release that muscle. Do three slow glides on section (6) to release tension, repeat three times. Suction / release down the side of the face and neck to drain.

7. Begin at the center of the forehead and move across section (7) slowly to release the frontalis muscle. Follow the three gliding paths, and repeat three times. Suction / release down the side of the face and neck.

8. Change to the smallest round or oblong cup. Starting at the inside of the eye orbit, suction release slowly across the top of the orbit to move fluids to exterior corner of the eye. Get as close to the eyeball as possible, without touching it with the rim of the cup. You may glide the cup down the side of the face. Next, suction / release under the eye, getting as close as is comfortable. Repeat section 8 three times.

9. Change back to the largest cup, or stay with the smallest round cup if the largest will not seal over the brow ridge. Lift the inner brow up with the fingers of the other hand, place the cup down and suction in place for as long as it will hold (or a minute). Move the cup over slightly towads the outer end of the brow and repeat. Keep repeating until the end of the brow. Do this pattern on section (9) three times. Place cup back at the point between the eyebrows and glide over across the top of the brow line - the lowest glide from section (7). Suction / release down the side of the face and neck.

Repeat these patterns on the left side of the face. Check at the end for any areas that need extra attention, or these can be worked in between other sections.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
Oh Lunarmm,

thank you so much for posting the instructions and for all the work you have done to copy it here.

The magnetic needles do apply pressure on the skin, you are right, but just the wide cups and as it is said there, when are installed. The magnetic needles can be removed, and do cupping without them.
aprilha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:23 am      Reply with quote
thanks so much for the instructions... that was really helpful!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
Here I go...I tried the smallest cup on my face with continuous pump and release method and it works fine, but I left a larger cup on my forehead for a longer time, and I have a big red spot now. It looks wonderful, probably don't need to explain it in details, as you all can imagine. Hope it fades soon away. All I try to say, be gentle with your skin, not like me!!!
chickenlittle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:12 am      Reply with quote
I just came across this thread - I think it sounds so interesting ... I love EDS, and thankyou mpstat for bringing this to our attention!

I love the idea of the stimulating/lymph cleansing effect of it. At the right level, I would imagine it would stimulate collagen - although I agree that very hard suction might slacken the skin.

This is another on my maybe list for now - can't wait to hear all your reviews!

Very Happy
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:12 am      Reply with quote
On facial exercises FE boards they are big on facial massage to compliment exercises. People report good results with facial massage. Cupping sounds like a nice substitute to manual facial massage with additional benefit of skin tightening.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:15 am      Reply with quote
havana8 - thank you for the link on Wellbox Very Happy
Anyone has more input on Wellbox? For such significant price ~$1,500 - $1,700. It should do something nice for face and body skin tightening to worth its price....
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:17 am      Reply with quote
TJ Maxx has a small gadget that comes with 2 cups about 1 cm. One cup is oval and should be used on nose. One cup is round. It runs on 2 AA batteries. It's only $7.99 but I didn't buy it. I can't remember the name of it. Has anyone else seen it and do you think it's effective?
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:38 am      Reply with quote
Hi Bellezza,

I think this TJ Maxx item is one of the nasal pore suction devices (a knock off of the Panasonic device) and I think someone on this thread posted already that it doesn't work well for cupping.

Part of the cupping process is the suction, glide, and release (with oil on the face so the cup can glide over the skin v. drag) and I think the facial cupping kits made specifically for this with a squeeze pump would be easier to regulate the suction:
http://www.massagecupping.com/equipmentandproducts.htm
Also, oil probably would clog up this type of electronic pore suction device not made for this purpose. Confused

I'm back from Phoenix and off to NJ today so I haven't had a chance to experiment with my facial cupping kit but I'm looking forward to it Razz

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:48 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Lunarmm, I'm glad I didn't buy it.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:13 am      Reply with quote
I just got a FACIAL MICRO-CUP SET from a link provided by lunarmm. I am going to use it right after doing FlexEffect. I apply oil on my face for some of the facial exercises, and cupping requires oil too. Also FE advises to do facial massage I am going to do cupping in lieu of the massage. FE + Cupping seems to go hand in hand.

Any updates from Cupping users? Question
Cuddles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:19 am      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:

Anyone has more input on Wellbox? .

I purchased the Wellbox back in January. The instructions tell you that you must use in for several months to see results. However, I noticed results quite rapidly--I have only used it for cellulite and muscle tension. I will admit that I don't have much cellulite (just a little around the inner knees) and my skin has great elasticity (particularly for someone who is almost 50). It can be use to massage (with a thump/thump action at various intensities) or a vacuum/lift action (once again at various intensities). I have not used it on my face. It has several attachments which are designed to be used on different parts of the body.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:14 am      Reply with quote
Cuddles - that is great that Wellbox is working for you! Very Happy For how long did you use a device before you noticed the results? and what kind of results? Thanks!
Cuddles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat--I use the wellbox three times a week. I started to see results after about 6 weeks. I do want to stress that (1) I have good skin, (2)I didn't have a lot of cellulite and (3) it wasn't the cottage cheese looking cellulite (more of a light dimpling). I don't know how it would work on someone with poor elasticity and/or a lot of cellulite. The machine is a lot of money, but was worth it to me. The area around my knees has bugged me for many years. I have also found the wellbox to be great for massaging sore muscles and relieving tension. Hope this helps.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Cuddles. The machine is pricey indeed, but if it works to your satisfaction, you reached your goal. From what I heard areas around the knees are difficult to treat, in your case it was successful. I can not afford it now, but will add it to my wish list.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
To those of you that have bought the facial cupping sets - how is it going? Are you seeing any results? Does it do anything for droopy jowls? Are the plastic cups ok to use or do you think glass ones would be better? Please give us some feedback. TIA
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:23 am      Reply with quote
I am interested in hearing how the FACIAL MICRO-CUP SET is working, this seems to be a hot topic on several forums. Also did anyone find out if the Vaculifter is available to order in the US?
Toby
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |