Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

a million questions
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Gaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
First I'd like to thank everyone who has answered my questions. I now have a bunch of questions after reading a lot of these posts.
Excuse the repetition but here goes:
I am 47 have the usual "mature" dry skin with forehead wrinkles, and crows feet. My second concern is hyperpigmentation spots mainly on my cheeks. So after only using department store brands all these years I just bought skinceuticals C+E 2 weeks ago and have just started using it but want to make some other purchases.
Questions
1.Everyone is raving about alphaderma and relax a line. My understanding is that they are both argiline products so does one have any advantage over the other?
2. ADCE has vit c in it so does that mean toss the vit c I just bought out the window? Rolling Eyes
3. Also my understanding is that is important to use an antioxidant (vit c), alpha hydroxy acid product to exfoliate, another product for wrinkles (if you have wrinkles Wink ) and another product for hyperpigmentation if you have that problem. So if I were to use vit c and one of the argiline products that takes care of 2 goals so my other question is what are people using for AHA products?
4. I have seen comments on these posts regarding skinceuticals phyto+, trilumina, etc for hyperpigmentation just wanting to confirm if they are useful.

Sooooo sorry for the long post but I am trying to come up with a good skincare regimen for myself but before buying stuff want to figure out what I need. Also Judy the mask sounds wonderful but for me right now just trying to make it out of the house in the morning is a challenge so I will have to wait until things calm down before I can try the mask! Kids, job .......
Thanks everyone!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Gaby,

You sound overwhelmed. Don't blame you. There is so much out there and what works for one might not work for another.

You just purchased product so see how it works. Take one step at a time. Personally I feel that if you start layering all types of product they can interfere with each other. Also, if you get improvement you will be confused about what is working for you.

I have not tried relaxaline. Used Avotox and it was bad for my mature skin .. I use AlphaDerma and love it. I like it because at my age I can use it on my whole face and neck and seems to have everything I need in it. The only other thing I add is a weekly exfoliant. I don't know if it helps with pigmentation problems.It helped with my darker upper lid, and just all over skin tone. It also impove my facial spider viens. You can call AlphaDerma people as they are helpful. I am using it for fine lines and wrinkles on face, saggy face after weight lose, bags under eyes, hooded upper lid and as my moisturizer. For me, it does it all. I sent Ian my before and after picture. He posted them Embarassed

As you are starting you new skincare routine take it slow. It takes time to reverse skin damage. Perhaps a mineral makeup like BareEsentials would be great for you. From what I have read it has great coverage but looks so natural and covers pigmentations problems. It also will protect you skin from the sun.

I would suggest a nice cleanser and toner. Drink LOTS OF WATER and eat a healthy diet with lots of fruits and veggies. As always, wear sunblock.

Do you use daily hair spray? Keep it off you forehead! Always wondered why my forehead looked so bad. A skin doctor told me the ingredients in spray does a number on your skin. Where I have bangs I always sprayed them. Now I put a paper towel over my face before spraying.

Good luck. We are all on the same journey.
Mabsy

Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:30 am      Reply with quote
Hi Gaby,

Ok, let's have a go at these questions:

1) I think as long as the product you choose has 10% of argireline then you'll be getting the main benefits out of it. However there are different ingredients added to these two products as well, that might provide additional benefits. I don't have the Relaxaline so I cannot actually compare the two for you. Guapagirl has used both so she might be a good person to ask.

2) Nope, I wouldn't. I would use the vit C serum first, wait a few minutes and then apply the ADCE over the top.

3) At the moment I'm just using a weekly mask from MDF (Clearing Complex Masque). But you can also get your AHAs in a cleanser (MDF make a good one also) or in moisturisers. I just ordered Jan Marini Bioglycolic Bioclear Lotion. I've heard many rave reviews of it and finally caved and bought it. We'll see how that goes.

4) Again, I think vit C might help you with the pigmentation a bit. But I have read good reviews of the Phyto+ here before. I have not used it myself though.

Ps. PLEASE make sure that you are using sunblock. No point in usng all this stuff if you are not using sunblock during the day. This is especially true if you start using AHAs.

Mabsy
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:22 am      Reply with quote
(flexes knuckles and cracks them...)

1 I have used both on different sides of my face and after nearly 2 weeks I'd say not much differencein terms of wrinkle reduction; they both have worked well. However, there are advantages to both. As far as the relaxaline goes, I like the fact it has hyaluronic acid in it, though betterat40 and others who live in dry climates would say this is a distinct disadvantage. For me in misty cape cornwall, HA has totally changed my skin from dry and flakey to normal. Relaxaline is also considerably cheaper, although if you use it all over 2x a day like me then it does go down quicker...ADCE seems to 'stretch' a bit more. The thing I really like about ADCE is the fact that I could just put it on and go as I find it pretty moisturising so I don't need anything on top. I also believe it has an spf of 14? (someone please correct me if I am wrong there!). I don't think the C in it is enough to tempt me to dump my serum 20 for good though, so I use it over the top of my SC 20. The big downside to ADCE is the price and the packaging IMO.
3 As far as exfoliation goes, I had a nasty accident with a glycolic peel and I am just using an 8% solution in the PM, though I usually use a micrdermabrasion cloth (until I get the dosh to buy some epidermx Laughing )
4 Not a clue, sorry! I have to say though that my skin tone is much improved since using SC 20% C serum

Hope that helps Cool

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
I'm just as confused as you are with all these products. Consider this. THERE IS NOTHING, NOTHING that will remove your wrinkles. NOTHING. A moisturizer only makes your wrinkles LOOK GOOD. There is some substantiation that antioxidants could be good for skin but even thats questionable. Many of these products are very irritating to the skin. IMO and this is only my opinion, a well formulated spf15 is the BEST antiaging moisturizer you can do for your skin.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
SuzieQ,

You are so right in so many ways. Don't know how old you are but I am 59 soon reaching the big 60. I guess If I wanted to look 45 I could get a facelift Very Happy

Since I was very young I always took great care of my skin. You can't get rid of all wrinkles and the aging process but I truly believe that a good skincare routine can let you grow old very gracefully.
I think we live in a society that is so youth orientated. You watch TV and when stars smile their faces show no expression lines when they smile. Even kids show expression lines.

When I am not smiling I have very few lines on my face but when I frown or smile you can see those creases. I don't have any sun spots. I did worship the sun when I was a teenager. Glad I got my Dads Italian complextion.

Sunblock is very important. Also think wearing sunglasses helps greatly with frown lines.

So my advice would be to find a product you like. Don't go broke trying everything out there. Most of all SMILE and enjoy life.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:59 am      Reply with quote
Dear Winnie, I really couldn't have said that better! I do like your attitude on aging and skin care. I agree that its important to have a good skin care routine. I'm actually 50 years ago and have great success using the Elizabeth Grant product line. The woman is 85 years old and shes hawking skin care!! But she so passionate about her line that I had to try it. What are you currently using?
Gaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:19 am      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone for all the info. I am using sunblock. Interesting idea that the Alphaderma acts as a moisturizer. That would save me a step!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |