Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
A couple mini reviews on John Masters Organics
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Deneve
5% products discount

Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
I've been an organic convert and have been trying a dozen new products.

Sea Salt Spray - I really wanted to like this, but it doesn't seem to give a "beach-like" hair. Unless it means your hair looking like salt just got poured on it. After a couple minutes of spraying it into your hair it could either show a bunch of white "salt" or be okay until your hair moves even the slightest bit. Very disappointed with this. I used it only 3 times before I gave up. I tried it on my boyfriend too and he hates it. It's more like a hair spray I guess.

Honey & Hibiscus Reconstructor - I really did like this one. It definitely conditions your hair intensively, but it did make my hair a tad limp and a couple strands of hair got pulled out. So, I didn't repurchase this one. But I'll still give it
1/2

Citrus & Neroli Detangler - Love love love this one. First off, it is cheap I mean cheaper than the reconstructor and I love this. I've only used it about 4 times so far, but it's just that great. It doesn't cause my hair to get limp or dry. Conditions very well and no hair got pulled out at all. So, all in all I must repurchase this one.

Lavender Rosemary Shampoo for Normal Hair - This one is okay. I do like it and yet I'm very iffy about it. This is because I don't get the lather I am looking for and it's hard to really wash my hair without putting about a quarter and a dime size amount of this shampoo. It makes me feel as though I'm wasting the shampoo. But I do like it after I get through the lather trouble.

So that's all folks. Razz
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:32 am      Reply with quote
Thanks deneve. You gave a very clear idea of what to expect.
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:59 am      Reply with quote
The Citrus and Neroli detangler is calling my name Razz
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
ITA that the Citrus & Neroli is wonderful! I've been using it for over a year as a leave-in and it does a great job of detangling my very curly thin/fine hair (that breaks easily). I think I just bought my 3rd bottle. Smile
Happycat
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
I am using the 3rd bottle of Citrus and Neroli detangler, it works good as a conditioner. But, just wondering, this 3rd bottle seems a bit watery? Anyway, will keep using it as it is good!
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
I like the citrus neroli detangler as well! At first I was using it as a leave-in conditioner...it was WAY to heavy for my hair this way. When rinsed out though, it was wonderful! Like the OP said, I didn't get any hair falling out with it, and it was so smoooth. Smile
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:33 am      Reply with quote
Happycat wrote:
just wondering, this 3rd bottle seems a bit watery? Anyway, will keep using it as it is good!
No, all of my bottles have had the conditioners rather thick. I usually keep the bottle upside down after using about 25% of the bottle so that it's easier to get the stuff out!
Deneve
5% products discount

Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
^_^ Well I'm glad my reviews came in handy.

Yea I also think the detangler is really thick. I have to fight with the bottle during showers. Lol... but I still love it.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
thanks devene, sounds like really nice products Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
I too love the honey & hibiscus products. I tried the skin care and did not like it at all. THen only thing I liked was the smell of the Vit C serum..
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
I ADORE the Sea Spray!! It works great if I spray it on my wavy hair when it is dry or almost dry. It gives it a lot of volume.
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
Does it give your hair a different texture? Or sandy feeling??
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:50 am      Reply with quote
I guess it makes my hair feel rougher and dryer than if I didn't have the product in my hair. Like you would expect from "beach hair". I spray it mostly on the lower layers of my hair. It plumps up the volume. It makes hair looks kind of wild... haha... Which is what I go for. It is great for giving 2nd day hair new life. I spray some kind of mist and then the sea spray. Works great!
My hair type is fine, but I have a lot of hair. It is just below my shoulders and it is dyed and wavy and layered.
PinkLeader
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
Happycat wrote:
I am using the 3rd bottle of Citrus and Neroli detangler, it works good as a conditioner. But, just wondering, this 3rd bottle seems a bit watery? Anyway, will keep using it as it is good!

Interesting you should mention this. My second bottle of the Honey Hibiscus Hair Reconstructor that I purchased a few months ago seemed watery as well. I gave up after that, although I thought it was a nice product. Was this a temporary problem or has the general consistency of the product line thinned out?
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:38 am      Reply with quote
I've noticed that my new bottles have a more watery consistency, and thn they thicken slightly as I use the bottle up. But the product works fine. I've repurchased the Citrus/Neroli Detangler several times and had no problems.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
I also like the Citrus & Neroli Detangler. None of the shampoo's ever agreed with my hair though, I'm not sure why.
JennyJam
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
I really like the lavender rosemary shampoo as well. I tried to sea salt spray as well, and it was horrible. I am glad I am not the only one that thinks so! It gave me crusty, hard, gritty hair.
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:39 am      Reply with quote
Yes!! Every sea salt spray I've ever used has resulted in crunchy, tangled hair. I had KMS beach hair and something from that Beach Blonde line. It was a few years ago when that style was all the rage (The Olsens, Jennifer Anniston, teen magazines), never panned out for me.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:00 am      Reply with quote
thank you for sharing. i wanne try this brand.
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:17 am      Reply with quote
I'll add my mini reviews:

Lavender Hydrating Mist For Skin & Hair: This is a nice refresher and perk me up for a stressful day. Pleasant lavender scent is relaxing and distinct but not overpowering. Doesn't seem to do anything beneficial to my skin. It just smells nice. I do not like this as much as JM's Rose and Aloe Mist so I won't reorder.

Rose and Aloe Mist: Love this stuff! Smells wonderful and lightly moisturizes skin. This is perfect to set my mineral makeup foundation and to add a little moisture mid-day without disturbing makeup. I'll be re-ordering this for sure.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:24 am      Reply with quote
I have heard often about John Masters recently and feel kind of how good they are. Guess I should give it a try.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |