Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

permanent hair removal with TRIA?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I saw this device on dailycandy.com, and another review on shinyshiny.tv
http://www.shinyshiny.tv/2008/01/shiny_video_rev_157.html
Did anyone tried this home method of permanent laser hair removal? Would it be safe?
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:28 am      Reply with quote
I tried another laser diode DIY machine years ago, which worked..but it only had one diode, so it was soooo slow. This looks better. I wonder????

rebecca

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
I think it retails for about 600 pounds, which will be the double in dollars. However, if it takes care of all hair removal (upperlip, legs, etc) in the privacy of your own home, it might be worth it...
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
But, does it hurt?? Smile
Lou
aa6660
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
From this link, http://www.triabeauty.com/, it looks like it is already available in several countries.

Steep price for me, but if it works, it really might be something to look into.
hotiron123
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:38 am      Reply with quote
Recently, I have done some research on laser hair removal. Obtaining desirable and permanent results relies not only on the specific laser/machine (Alexandrite and Pulsed Diode Array most common), but also upon the skill and experience of the laser technician. There are precautions one should take.
Personally, I'm a scaredy-cat to try it on my own.
gwynethhung
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
apart from using this machine to remove hair, how you guys remove yours. They are very annoying once I word skirt. Crying or Very sad
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:38 am      Reply with quote
gwynethhung wrote:
apart from using this machine to remove hair, how you guys remove yours. They are very annoying once I word skirt. Crying or Very sad

I use an epilator machine. It pulls out the hair with the roots, so my legs are hair-free for a week at least.
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:28 am      Reply with quote
londonfan wrote:
gwynethhung wrote:

I use an epilator machine. It pulls out the hair with the roots, so my legs are hair-free for a week at least.

Which epilator do you use...I've just gone back to my 10 year old one...and I wondering if the new ones are any better????

rebecca

5% products discount

Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:22 am      Reply with quote
With any LASER hair removal system, and I am talking about Medical LASERs here,....there is no such thing as "permanent hair removal" . There is much confusion over this and false advertising.

LASER Hair removal does what they call " permanent hair reduction". The LASER can reduce the hair growth but cannot completely 100% eliminate or 100% destroy hair permanently. By the very nature of the hair follicle and bulb, the cells in the follicle will try to re-generate and grow a new hair. Thats what the body does.

One nice thing about LASER hair removal is that if the hair regenerates it will generally not grow back as thick,coarse as the original hair, but grow back finer and/or less dense.

Some feel that the only permanent hair removal method is electrolysis. And quite often, electrolysis and LASER hair removal are utilized together for excellent results. LASER works best on fair skin with dark hair. Where LASER does not address blond, grey hair( due to lack of pigment) Electrolysis can address all hair colors.

Rita
ProLight Aesthetics
LED Manufacturer
hotiron123
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:01 am      Reply with quote
I use an epilator as well. It is painful, but well worth the results in my case. I shave in between when I am in a rush... Sad If only I could learn to use it regularly.
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
From my research it seems like the TRIA device has got some good reviews from users. I am interested in this one, but need more information from users before I will consider such an investment.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:53 am      Reply with quote
i agree september girl, i'm intrigued!
Sangria1269
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:17 am      Reply with quote
I use the epilator as well, the newer ones are far more efficient as it graps more hair. I got laser done twice with the IPL (impulse light treatment), which is supposed to hurt less. Um...it felt like getting lightening strikes or a sharp prick deep in your tissue, so it hurt a bit. Plus you need at least 6 sessions as each session (if done well) reduces hair by up to 15% (twice and honestly I dont see the difference) and is quite expensive and also takes the entire day. Overall I think you would at least be spending a few thousand for your legs alone.

I just purchased the NO!No! painless hair removal system. I bought it off ebay, and while its too early to see results (used it twice) I have to say it is completely painless. At first I was a bit of a chickensh*t to use it as its completely different and the one review I saw here (which I now cannot find) the girl said she burned herself with it. It looks alarming, but after the first 10 minutes, I lost all fear and was rolling it without even being careful. I have not burned myself with it, and hopefully it will work as it is affordable!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 02, 2008 11:59 pm      Reply with quote
I'm also intrigued by this device. I've already spent quite a bit of money on professional laser hair removal, as well as electrolysis (because I've read enough horror stories to never let a laser near my face). So it's not really like I need this..... but I want it! lol.
But, yeah, the price is still pretty steep. However, had I not already paid for laser hair removal, and if this got great reviews indicating it really worked, I definitely think it would be a viable option. I just picture the convenience of zapping my hair whenever I felt like it... ah! It's a beauty and skincare obsessed girl's dream come true!

Here's an article on this device from the Wall Street Journal.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120701119204278961.html?mod=pj_main_hs_coll
It also mentions another similar device, called Silk'n. At $800, it's definitely a significant savings over the Tria, but the article says they work differently, and I'm not certain which would be better. I think they are saying the Tria is diode lasers, while the Silk'n is IPL. I remember way back when I was researching which process to use, my research indicated that IPL was not always effective. But I wouldn't quote me on that.

Anyway, can't wait until some reviews start rolling in on this thing. Unfortunately, at that price, I worry we will never have enough reviews, especially from real established members, to truly trust the feedback.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 03, 2008 12:04 am      Reply with quote
Sangria1269 wrote:
I use the epilator as well, the newer ones are far more efficient as it graps more hair. I got laser done twice with the IPL (impulse light treatment), which is supposed to hurt less. Um...it felt like getting lightening strikes or a sharp prick deep in your tissue, so it hurt a bit. Plus you need at least 6 sessions as each session (if done well) reduces hair by up to 15% (twice and honestly I dont see the difference) and is quite expensive and also takes the entire day. Overall I think you would at least be spending a few thousand for your legs alone.

I agree, the laser is definitely painful. I get a prescription numbing cream from my doctor, though, and I really can't recommend that enough. It makes all the difference in the world. Some areas (obviously, it "adheres" better to flat areas where the cream is allowed to sit without being disturbed) are completely numbed and there is zero pain. But pretty much all areas have a HUGE reduction in pain.

I disagree with the time estimate, though. I get total body done, and they split it up into two sessions - one day upper body, the next day lower body. I think they just do that so you aren't there for so long and because it can be painful (for those not using the numbing cream) so people get tired and stressed. But even still, each appointment lasts under an hour. Thus, it would take me under two hours to get my entire body zapped in one sitting. Not long at all. The process will definitely be slowed, however, if you need to break every few seconds because it hurts.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 03, 2008 7:47 am      Reply with quote
I really, really wish someone would try this and let us know what they think. I'd be more likely to trust someone on this forum's opinion.
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 18, 2008 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
I really, really wish someone would try this and let us know what they think. I'd be more likely to trust someone on this forum's opinion.

ditto... Very Happy

Lou
jones10021
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 8:53 am      Reply with quote
The video for the Tria Hair removal kit looks homemade and not very professional, but the information revealed is intriguing. I don't mind spending a lot of money on a permanent hair removal product that's safe and works. I'm just unsure especially because the product is new and it takes time to reveal true results.
sleepylily
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
I use an epilator too, it's by philips, I love how my legs feel after using it, but it hurts... However my legs are smoother than using razors...
wancy_2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 5:04 am      Reply with quote
I use veets hair removal cream to remove my leg and arm hair. It would not hurt, and also it is smooth than using razor
chan
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone used an epilator on their armpits?

I'm so sick of shaving my armpits everyday!!
bodiukein
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:27 am      Reply with quote
I would love to know if this really worked. I did electrolysis years ago- only about 8 treatments because she quit to have a baby. Anyway, some of the places that got zapped now grow back or produce? dead hair. They are like little black heads. I don't know if I'd have kept going, maybe she would have zapped them again and they'd just die completely. Has anyone heard of this?
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:32 am      Reply with quote
I have been doing a lot of electrolysis with a home electrolysis kit. For some weeks or months after treatments some remainders of dead hair can come to the skin surface. Skin brushing will make this process go quicker.

It sounds weird to me that dead hair is coming to the surface years after treatment. If you dry brush the area or grab the hairs with tweezers, you will find out whether these are loose, dead hair or if it's new hair growth that requires further electrolysis treatment.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
chan wrote:
Has anyone used an epilator on their armpits?

I'm so sick of shaving my armpits everyday!!

YiKes....ouch!!!! I am afraid to try it on my legs can't imagine my armpits...I'm such a wimp> Embarassed
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |